Truly the best way to end a long week

by Lori and Michelle on November 13, 2009

Theme week: Raw Desserts

Good evening everyone,

Hope you all had a great day. We have been none stop here in the kitchen the past two days with birthday cake orders and farmers markets…oh and plus making raw desserts : )

Our morning started off with a green smoothie coffee and raw yogurt.  Not sure how the coffee got in there…haha…note: do not let Michelle go to Whole foods first thing in the morning on a cold rainy day ; )

Twins Breakfast

IMG_1670What a nice treat sis : )

IMG_1674We sprinkled our raw yogurt with hemp seeds and pomegranates…holiday colors, how festive!

IMG_1681A great way to start a Friday morning : ) eh?

Later on we had an extra large green smoothie that we sipped on all afternoon!

Twins Workout:

We did manage to squeeze in a quick 3 mile run followed by 20 minutes of core yoga. We had a great run despite that it was rainy and 50 degrees out not including the wind chill! We both felt amazing…these are the days we enjoy running. No aches or pains just enjoying the run! We also wore our new Nike Free Shoes for the first time and both of us loved them : )

Dinner was another green smoothie and dessert was…

As we mentioned in our previous post we wanted to tackle the classic dessert: SMORES. We all have our own memories of smores when were kids. Since we grew up in Florida with no fireplace we never really got to have them much. Although whenever we took family vacations out west or somewhere in the mountains we always stayed in place that had a fireplace, which meant SMORES.

Yes we made our dad start the fire in the middle of summer so we could have roasted marshmallows with melted chocolate and graham crackers : )  I sure wish I had pictures of those times to show you all….what is your memory of smores ? Did you have a fireplace growing up?

Pure2Raw Recipe: Smores

Cookie:

• 1 3/4 cup nut flour or whatever flour your prefer (we used a mix of sunflower flour, pumpkin flour, almond flour, and coconut flour)
  • 1/4 cup yacon powder (if do not have this just add more flour and up your sweetness)
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch salt
  • 1 tbsp yacon syrup or sweetener of choice

In large bowl stir ingredients together.

IMG_1683

Then spread onto a dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 115 for as long as you can stand.

IMG_1685Our cookies dehydrated for about 6 hours, they were a little soft but we like undercooked cookies : ) So you be the judge.

IMG_1686Next cut into rectangles

IMG_1690

Next up Marshmallow Creme

• 1/2 cup soaked cashews
  • 1/2 cup coconut butter (soften it a little in the dehydrator so it makes it easier to work with)
  • 1/2 tbsp vanilla
  • 10 drops of liquid stevia
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil

Place all ingredients in the blender and blend.

IMG_1704We added 2 tbsp water and 1 tbsp maple syrup (I know not raw but we wanted that flavor) to help it get creamy…

IMG_1709Perfect!

IMG_1715Now if you would like it to taste more like marshmallows there is an extract you can buy online, but we are too lazy to do that..LOL>

Set the creme aside and now time for chocolate sauce. You can use any of your favorite chocolate sauce! Ours was made up of raw cacao, agave, and coconut oil.

Note this recipe is not 100% raw due to the maple syrup, also if you do not have dehydrator you can use any of your own cookies and then just make the raw creme and chocolate sauce. We feel some raw is better than none : )

Although if you wanted to keep it raw and did not have a dehydrator you can add coconut oil (maybe reduce water and add the oil) and then set in freezer to harden up. Lots of options folks!

Okay so the finally product….first have to build the SMORE

Step One

IMG_1719Step Two

IMG_1720Looking good, huh?

IMG_1724How you doin??

IMG_1726Step 3 Put top cookie on top

IMG_1728OMG!!! YUMMY!!!
IMG_1730Wait where is the fireplace??

IMG_1738seriously guys you have to make this…we are thinking seconds!!

IMG_1749

mmmmmm…love eating smores by the warm fireplace : )

IMG_1751

Perfect way to end a long week!

Reasons why we love this recipe:

• sweet childhood memories
  • nothing like enjoying a classic dessert guilt free
  • there was enough for seconds (Gina and Erica we ate more in honor of you guys!)
  • full flavor explosion in the mouth
  • smores are best buds with fireplaces
  • made with love from start to finish

Oh Katie we think these would make awesome fudge babies for Operation Chocolate Covered Kindness! I am sure there is a way to turn this into balls…hmmm, got me thinking ; )

Do not worry there are more desserts to come….another classic tomorrow night and our inspiration is from this wonderful lady.

Have a wonderful night,

The Twins

L&M

erica November 13, 2009 at 8:36 pm

Haha, so glad you ate another for me! They look totally amazing! You girls are so talented.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) November 13, 2009 at 10:42 pm

Coffee. Shows you two are human after all.
Dehyd cookie as long as you can stand…i feel the same way when kale chips are wafting thru the house.
Cookie recipe-perfect unto itself.
Marshmallow-Freaking to die for. Only thing i dont have is coconut butter. Wonder if I could sub out for it?
If all else fails, just use HFCS regular marshmallows :)
Choc sauce…delish looking!

I am still back to the cookie. Being gluten free and vegan SERIOUSLY limits cookie type things. GRaham crackers were a childhood fave. I need to make these!

I was thinking almond & oat flour b/c that’s what I have easily, or even cashews too…but I want it to *taste like a graham cracker* Any suggestions? Sorry, I am that annoying type of commenter I love to hate LOL with all the questions!

Pure2 November 14, 2009 at 3:42 am

Our cookie was more of soft cookie (we even think it was almost too soft, so we have to tweak the recipe next time), and sorta of tasted like a graham cracker. To get the graham cracker taste you need dark sugar and honey, which are two non vegans things, so the best replacements are agave or molasses(but too much). Almond and oat flour would be great to use. No problem with all the questions we are glad to help out.

VeggieGirl November 14, 2009 at 5:21 am

RAW S’MORES!!! Love it :)

Susannah November 14, 2009 at 8:37 am

Ummm, I’m drooling. These look fantastic and I need to make them…NOW! Thanks for sharing. Wow, marshmallow cream? really? my dessert world is about to to transformed.

shannonmarie November 14, 2009 at 3:44 pm

That raw yogurt does look festive. Perfect for the holidays.

I also love the s’mores. I had two cupcake versions on my site recently.

gina (fitnessista) November 14, 2009 at 5:25 pm

i seriously need to make those.. amazing!
have a great night! <3

elizabeth November 14, 2009 at 5:52 pm

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
wow you guys are amazing!thanks for the recipe again!!

Chocolate-Covered Katie December 6, 2009 at 12:15 pm

Wow, vegan raw s’mores?! See, I told you I had a lot to catch up on in terms of reading your posts. There’s so much I want to make!!

Marcella February 19, 2010 at 6:38 pm

Question about the Marshmallow Creme: Is it coconut butter as in solid coconut oil, or the product that is oil and coconut meat blended into a nut butter consistency type thing? Thanks! I can’t wait to make this, and I have all the ingredients. :)

Pure2 February 19, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Coconut butter not coconut oil! Yes coconut meat and oil blended together!! Have fun making these : )

Chris Allen March 9, 2010 at 10:28 pm

This might be the best looking desert dish I’ve ever seen. I am going to have to make this for my two year old. Thank you so much.

-Chris
Large Shipping Scales

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan June 10, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Wow! I just found your blog, and not only am I SO jealous you went to the 105 Degrees academy (I just ate there for the first [and second!] time on Memorial Day weekend!), but I am blown away by these Smores. My Excalibur is being delivered TOMORROW (eee!) and this is now at the TOP of my to-make list.

Couple questions:
1) If I sub lucuma powder for the yacon powder, should I still use 1/4 cup?
2) Can anything be subbed for the coconut butter in the marshmallow creme?

Thanks!!

Pure2 June 10, 2010 at 5:08 pm

Hey Amber, glad you found us. Yes you can sub lucuma for yacon powder. We love both! And for the coconut butter in the marshmallow creme, just do all cashews, so 1 cup.

Enjoy!

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan June 11, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Thanks, ladies!
By the way, I added you to my blogroll :]

evergreen(happy raw kitchen) July 29, 2010 at 4:56 pm

Oh my! This recipe looks absolutely incredible :)

Pure2 July 29, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Thanks Evergreen! HUGS

lynntofu June 6, 2011 at 3:37 pm

These look so good! Could you post how you make the chocolate sauce? It says you use raw cacao, agave, and coconut oil. How much of each and how do you melt them?