Nothing like being surprised

by Lori and Michelle on January 13, 2010

We are back in the lovely NC!

We drove back from Orlando,FL yesterday and returned home. Did some unpacking and some work. Sounds like vacation is no longer happening?!?!

Thanks again to everyone for your wonderful and support with our Disney marathon. Still hard to believe it is all over. Congrats to all the other runners who finished as well. It is a great accomplishment what a great way to start the new year! :) If you happened to miss any of our marathon race re-cap you can check them out here. and here! :)

Here is a re-cap of our road trip eats from yesterday’s travels:

Very early morning hemp protein cilantro shake

Jan 2010 pics 412Sorry for the not so pretty picture is was still dark out!

A little bit later when the sun finally showed up we snacked on some more little raw snack bites

Jan 2010 pics 420Though we were extremely tired so we had to stop and grab some coffee. Luckily there was a Whole Foods in Jacksonville to save the day!

Jan 2010 pics 422We love the Allegro coffee at Whole Foods!

This caffeine fixed sure hit the spot for us both :) Helped perk us up for the remaining drive!

Though having a green smoothie and our favorite cocktail Kombucha tea helps too ;)

Jan 2010 pics 423

That kept us full of a good bit of the afternoon though near the end of trip we started getting a little hungry again so we grabbed a slice of one of our newest raw onion flatbread creations

Jan 2010 pics 429 Thoughts on new flavor? Glorious! Mouthwatering! The perfect crunch and flavor :) Love it when a new recipe turns out!

After unloading the car and getting back to reality we made ourselves a beautiful salad.

Jan 2010 pics 434

Arugula salad with avocado, lemon juice, sea salt, dulse flakes and garlic.

Than we realized our salad was missing something?!?!

Jan 2010 pics 438 Yes that is much better. We threw some raw crackers on top! Perfect!

Jan 2010 pics 441

As you can tell we are obsessed with these little guys! They make the perfect salad toppers in our opinion ;)

But not only was this salad satisfying we were surprised when we saw this sitting at our front door!!!!!

Jan 2010 pics 444

A package from the ever so lovely and sweet Heather!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you Heather. We were so surprised to see this waiting for us! :)

The package was full of amazing goodies that are Heathers favorites and we can not wait to TRY!!!

Jan 2010 pics 447

Thanks again Heather! You are so sweet and we honored to have received this package :)

We have some exciting news coming our way to share with you all. We hope to post about it later.

Have a good day.

The Twins

L&M

Lauren January 13, 2010 at 8:02 am

Can’t wait for the news!!

I love getting surprises in the mail! Those are the best! :)

Your new flavor sounds delicious, I enjoyed your flatbreads and crackers in my salads for weeks! :)

Pure2 January 13, 2010 at 11:45 am

Yea the flavor was simple yet satisfying. Debating if we are going to be adding it to your product line or not? Surprises are the best :)

GirlonRaw January 13, 2010 at 10:43 am

Back to reality eh? Me too. Nice eats too ladies :)

RhodeyGirl January 13, 2010 at 11:54 am

Hmmm. I have a random question, especially now that I know you girls. What do you do with the extra time not spent on eating, socially eating, or thinking about eating? Am I wrong to think that you eat mostly for nutrition and health and not very much for joy?

For example, it took you both like 10 seconds to open the menu at brunch and know what you were going to order. I, on the other hand, spend so much time selecting each meal. Also, I eat equally for nutrition and joy, even if that makes me sound like a glutton hahaa!

Am I mistaken in my assumption? I am just curious because I wish sometimes those decisions could be easier, you know?

Pure2 January 13, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Sabrina, that is such a good question. We eat food majority for nutrition but also because we really do love what we eat. We love thinking about food and talking about it, though it can be difficult at times because not many people understand raw foods! We love being in the kitchen and playing around with new ingredients. Raw foods to us is fun and the food always taste amazing because everything is so fresh. Going out to eat can be a challenge though we try not to make a big deal out of anything, usually a salad will do. We just look at food differently now, for taste and health. We only want the best for our bodies. When we have been sick majority of your life due to food allergies, etc. you kinda have to have a new relationship with food. Great question. I hope answered for you, this would make a great post. Thanks :)

RhodeyGirl January 13, 2010 at 11:54 am

P.S. I am super excited to hear your news!!!!

Bernadette January 13, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Hello! I’ve recently found your blog and LOVE what you girls are doing!

I do have a couple questions though about your Spirulina/Coconut water sports drink. Do you have a recipe you use?? Also, what kind of Spirulina do you use? I have spirulina tablets but I’m guessing you are using it in powder form…and finally, fresh coconut water or packaged?? I’m currently training for my first Half Maraton (Feb 7th!!) and would really like to try this as I cannot stand the sports drinks that are on the market- way too sweet and icky!!

Thanks for any info you can give me and I’m off to check out the rest of your site.

Pure2 January 13, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Bernadette, yes the spirulina is a powder form the company Mountain Rose Herbs has good spirulina. Also, Natural Zing has a good brand. Now for the coconut water – we use both fresh and canned. We prefer the fresh but can’t always get fresh coconuts so we use canned for second place. Basically the drink is coconut water mixed with a little bit of spirulina, lemon, and agave nectar. We got the idea from the book Thrive by Brendan Brazier. He has lots of great sports drink ideas.

Abby (Abby's VeGaN Eats) January 13, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Awesome surprise from Heather!! Enjoy :)

Bernadette January 13, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Thanks for that info!! I have read Thrive twice!! It’s never far from my side and I agree he has some amazing ideas. His sports drinks are about the only recipe I have not tried yet. I guess I will be trying it! I drink coconut water often and use that on my runs but will now try the spirulina w/agave. I haven’t tried a canned coconut water yet- any brands you would recomend or steer me away from??

thanks again!

Pure2 January 13, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Awesome Thrive is great. Brands that we like are Zico (best), next would be O.N.E. Hope that helps :)

RhodeyGirl January 13, 2010 at 4:37 pm

Thank you SO MUCH for your reply!!!

Pure2 January 13, 2010 at 4:55 pm

You are so very welcome Sabrina! :) Hope it made sense.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 13, 2010 at 4:50 pm

great surprise!

the little raw snack bites look soo good! as does the flatbread and salad.

i just posted yesterday, all my balls and holes (recipes!) in one place. I am so happy i am ball-organized now LOL
How do you two keep all your recipes straight either online or on paper? I know you have your whole bakery to think of too, not just the blog.

Pure2 January 13, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Averie,
That is such a great question. We are trying to get better organized with our recipes, it is a challenge for sure. But one we hope do better at this coming year. We always just have so many ideas haha!