Mesquite Avocado Pudding

by lori on March 5, 2010

Hello friends,

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

Hope every one is enjoying their day. We are really excited because we finally have a nice warm weekend here in NC which is great for the farmers markets.

We got some questions regarding our workouts – mainly with the Tracy Anderson mat method. This is the end of our 2nd week of doing her exercises which we do about 5 times a week. And we are starting to feel like we are getting stronger and getting a little bit more definition in our bodies. We know it is a slow process along with everything else in life ;) but we thoroughly enjoy her fitness concept. So we plan to continue it!  We have not been doing much running lately just about once a week. Yoga about 2-3 times a week!

After yesterdays Tracy’s session we enjoyed another great post workout pudding! Similar to ones you saw yesterday!  Love all the different combinations we seem to be just throwing together, yet all have some main ingredients like lemon or lime and something green to help alkalize us!

As I mentioned yesterday we created a delicious avocado pudding that we just absolutely LOVED! Plan to make this at least once a week. You do need a special ingredient to make it.. sunflower lecithin or any emulsifier would do like guar gum, etc. Though we personal love sunflower lecithin we use it in many of our recipes. Love the results it provides puddings and smoothies. What it does is that it combines all the ingredients together and gives a nice lightness to the puddings. It helps provide puddings especially this one, such creamy, and lightness that it feels like you are almost eating air!

march 2010 p2r blog 082

Pictures just do not do this avocado pudding justice!

march 2010 p2r blog 084

We inhaled this pudding in like zero point 2 seconds

march 2010 p2r blog 086

Pure2Raw Recipe: Mesquite Avocado Pudding

Ingredients:

• one ripe avocado, pitted
  • 1 tbsp mesquite
  • 1 tbsp carob
  • 3 packets of stevia or any sweetener of your choice
  • 1 lime zest and juice

Directions:

Place all ingredients into food processor and blend on high speed for a few seconds. Stop and scrap down the sides and blend again for a few more seconds till it is fully combined and light and fluffy texture!

Optional topping: sprinkle with more mesquite

And place in a nice martini glass and enjoy!

march 2010 p2r blog 089 I guess I did not like it. Wiped the class clean!

We have finally come to the end of our fermented drink and foods series!! We will be showing here soon how to make water kefir! Another easy and healthy drink for you to incorporate into your daily life. Water kefir has become a staple in our daily life. Video coming soon (update: video making water kefir) and plus an update on how our sauerkraut in a bowl is doing!

News:

Going along with our bloggy shirts we will be adding a few more t-shirts to our online store. Hope you like them!

Raw - Organic Cotton

Fueled by Plants - Organic Cotton

All these shirts that we have been showing that are for sale are from our older sister who just launched her own organic high quality t-shirt company! We are so excited for our sister because these has been a life time dream and project of hers and now she is finally doing it!! She just needed a little extra push from us to get it up and running ;)

We hope every one likes the shirts and they will be added to our online store sometime today! So get those orders in :)   Please help spread the word about our sisters new t-shirt company called Raw Threads!

And speaking of wonderful lady entrepreneurs following their dreams check out the ever so lovely Eating Bender as she embarks on her journey of starting her own company Pursuing our Passion! I wish her and her business partner Jill all the success. Owning a business is a very challenging thing to pursue but one that is worth it in the end, especially if it something you are truly passionate about! We know Jenn and Jill will do great!

Hope everyone is following their dreams and loving life to the fullest

Lori

Jenn (eating bender) March 5, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Thank you SO much for the link love, ladies! I am honored to receive such compliments from successful entrepreneurs :) Can’t wait to share our experiences with you!

Mesquite avocado pudding sounds so intriguing! And I absolutely LOVE your shirts — how amazing that your older sister is also a fabulous entrepreneur. My favorite is the blue “race you to the castle” but they are all wonderful!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Raw Candy March 5, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Those t-shirts are so cute! I love the first two – “raw” and “fueled by plants”.

Have a great weekend, ladies! Glad it’s going to be warm where you are — me too, and I can’t wait to get outdoors.

Sarah March 5, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Thanks for all the info on the fermented foods! I ordered my kefir grains and scoby and can’t wait to get started. Buying the kombucha was getting expensive!

Gina March 5, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Hi Girls! Thanks for telling me about the Tracy Anderson workouts, I think I am going to buy the mat workout! also thanks for all the recipes you post, love them! and the t-shirts are really cute!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine March 5, 2010 at 5:22 pm

I love the fueled by plants shirt! So cute!

Lori March 5, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Love the shirts! So creative! And I have to say that I love the videos you are providing us! They’re great. That helps to see how you do things, not just reading them. :)
Keep up the great work and CANNOT wait for those green goodies!
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Friday! (Finally!)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) March 5, 2010 at 8:26 pm

OMG I want the swirly powered by plants one ..that is too cute! And i would love your sister’s contact info…i have been thinking about getting yoga ones printed and need a tshirt supplier…serendipity!!!

the comment that I believe lori left me today re going to france to spend time with her boyf on her dream trip…omg that is just amazing and i hope you enjoy it!!! obiv you will :)

and thanks for all your sweet comments you girls leave me, i love reading them and i wish i could come eat that chia ball thingey you had at the top of your last post. or the mesquite avo pudding on this one. I have never had mesquite but not that i have maca, i could shovel it down! so i bet i would like mesquite, too!

sioux @ crunchybits.net March 6, 2010 at 2:39 am

Love the t-shirt designs — especially the fueled by plants shirts. sooo happy friday is behind me, ready for a more relaxed week this week to be home more. (translation in the kithen more ;-)

thanks for the inspiring posts about fermenting various foods — I’m almost ready to take the plunge into kombucha thanks to you!

Sam Ahern March 6, 2010 at 8:25 am

Which Tracy Anderson workouts are you doing? I’m doing some of her stuff available online, including her webisodes. Looking forward to getting her DVDs when I’m in the US again. Her approach is so interesting and I’m seeing results.
BTW I LOVE what you two are up to. You’re doing exactly what I want to do. On my way!

Pure2 March 6, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Sam we do some of her online videos as well as her Mat DVD. We love it!!

veganlisa March 6, 2010 at 12:26 pm

I love the shirts. I plan to place an order this weekend for some of your green snacks. Thank you for sharing so much great info on fermenting foods. I’ve learned a lot and will continue to enjoy the probiotics these foods add in my diet.

Pure2 March 6, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Thanks Lisa, we will be launching our online sale tonight. Good luck tomorrow in your race!!

hihorosie March 6, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Fueled by Plants….LOVE IT!!! So cute!

And that avo-mesquite pudding looks nummy!

Gena March 8, 2010 at 5:06 am

Sorry to weigh in late, but this pudding looks spectacular! I don’t have mesquite, but I’ve got carob a’plenty :)

Pure2 March 8, 2010 at 6:00 am

Gena, thanks! Carob would work just fine, we love putting either mesquite or carob into avocado puddings :)

sophie August 10, 2011 at 9:21 am

I had to drop everything that I was doing, come over to the computer, and write a big THANK YOU for creating this recipe! It is ridiculously good. <3

Pure2 August 10, 2011 at 10:16 am

Sophie AWESOME!!!! soooooo happy to hear you love it just as much as we do ;)