Ellen loves her raw cupcake

by Lori and Michelle on April 21, 2010

Hey friends

Well Lori is back in the states!! She got in late last night. Lucky for her, her flight was not affected from the volcanic ash. Although many people on her flight had some pretty interesting stories!

Anyways I had a busy day trying to get things ready for her. She had some food request for when she got in!!

Had two highlights of my day yesterday

First I present the best smoothie ever

april 2010 p2r blog 275

I have seen my friend Gina enjoying it before and could not wait to make it….and looks like I was not the only enjoying it according to my twitter friends!!

The wonderful Kristen is to thank for this yummy shake!! It totally hit the spot for me and I will be making it again and again…. wish I was drinking it now!

april 2010 p2r blog 272

Thanks Kristen!  Have you tried her Cherry Chocolate Bomb Shake?

Next highlight was….

april 2010 p2r blog 294

Who is that peaking behind the RAW CUPCAKE?

april 2010 p2r blog 296

ELLEN!!! Doesn’t  she have gorgeous eyes???

Ellen joined me in the kitchen making my friend Shannonmarie’s Devils Food Cupcake from her raw cupcake book. A request from Lori!

april 2010 p2r blog 283

We are helping our friend get Ellen to eat a raw cupcake!!!

april 2010 p2r blog 298

I think Ellen would really enjoy this yummy raw cupcake!

Don’t You??

april 2010 p2r blog 300

Well Lori and I both happily devoured them ; ) Oh and for the frosting I blended a banana with Artisana”s Organic Cacao Bliss

Thanks Shannonmarie!! Have you bought her ebook yet?? If not you are missing out!!

Well Lori and I have lots to get done now that she is back. Stay tuned for more of Lori’s recap of her last few days in Spain!!! Lots of yummy eats ahead ; )

Till next time

Michelle

sarah April 21, 2010 at 10:30 am

The smoothie and the cupcakes look fantastic. Glad you had a safe trip home. :)

katie April 21, 2010 at 11:19 am

haha love that you hung with ELLEN today! she is awesome!

Megan @ Healthy Hoggin' April 21, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Ha ha, I love Ellen! Glad too see that she enjoys raw food, too! ;)

Those cupcakes look delish! And I LOVE Kristen’s smoothie! Reminds me that I should pick up some more frozen cherries next time I’m at the store!

bitt April 21, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Love it. Ellen, are you listening? Eat a raw cupcake!!!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 21, 2010 at 2:41 pm

That cupcake looks AMAZING, especially the frosting part…I love Artisana Cacao Bliss!! Glad Lori made it home safely!

Maya April 21, 2010 at 8:32 pm

YUM! The Cherry Bomb is soo good! I was a little obsessed with it last month! lol! I like to add a heaping tablespoon of green powder (Vitamineral Green or SunWarrior Ormus, which makes it a bit minty, too) to add a healthy boost to it! Either way, so yummy! Think I know what I’m making for breakfast tomorrow!

Pure2 April 22, 2010 at 5:18 am

Maya that sounds amazing, I will add some green powder next time! Thanks!

Amanda@Thegrainsofparadise April 22, 2010 at 1:26 am

I’m obsessed with Kristen’s Chocolate Cherry Bomb shake too:-)

shannonmarie April 22, 2010 at 4:12 am

That’s even better than I thought it would be. Excellent job and thanks for the shout out. I hope it is okay if I post it/link to you in my next grouping of Ellen quest participants. I’m skipping the Ellen stuff today, as I had already signed on to do a book review (today is my assigned day). Ellen will be back on my blog tomorrow.

Pure2 April 22, 2010 at 5:18 am

Shannonmarie that is fine!!! Look forward to your book review ; )

elizabeth April 22, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Who WOULDN’T enjoy a raw cupcake?????????????

GirlonRaw April 22, 2010 at 11:15 pm

I bought it! Can’t wait to try out some of the goodies inside :)

Lori April 23, 2010 at 3:45 pm

I have Shannonmarie’s ebook but have yet to find time to make one… this weekend is my goal date. I can’t wait! They look so good!

Pure2 April 23, 2010 at 4:37 pm

I know Lori, I was waiting for Lori to get back to make some raw cupcakes….now I want them all the time, haha ; )

Katie April 24, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Love sake with sushi!! SO true, it’s perfect with sushi, its a must! I never have sake any other time!! lol!!!

Have a great weekend beautiful girl!!!