Happy Monday luvs,
How was everyone’s weekend? Glorious I hope
Well Michelle and I had a busy weekend though we did manage to relax a little last night.
As we mentioned earlier this week we wanted to share our grasshopper pie with you all. The one that we got to enjoy on our birthday!
Are you ready?
If you love mint and something not too sweet than you will love this mint pie!
Pure2Raw Recipe: Raw Grasshopper Pie
- 1/4 cup carob powder (or you can use cocoa powder)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (or you can use any nut meal you like)
- 1 tbsp alcohol free vanilla
- 2 tbsp date paste (or you can use any liquid sweetener you like)
Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and pulse till combined. *If you already have coconut flour or nut meal please feel free to hand stir this all together
Press crust dough in a 6 inch cake pan or springform pan would work too.
- 2 large avocados
- 2 tbsp sunflower lecithin (or soy lecithin, xanthan gum,or guar gum of your choice though the amount for the recipe may vary depending on what you use, I would suggest starting with 1 tsp)
- 2 tbsp irish moss paste (this is optional but it provides this layer with great texture) * you may use gelatin if you prefer
- 1 tbsp alcohol free vanilla
- 2 tsp mint extract (you may add more or less depending on how minty you like your pie to be)
White Creme layer-
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup lucuma powder (for more substitutions check out here)
- 5 packets of stevia
- Few drops of liquid chorophyll (to help with green color)
- 1/8-1/4 tsp spirulina (additional nutrition value and helps with color too)
- 2 tbsp water
For both layers place your ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth (may use a food processor if you do not have a blender).
Putting the whole pie together!
- Take your pan that is already filled with crust and spoon a little of the white creme layer down. Place in freezer to set about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and place the mint layer on top of white creme layer. Place back into freezer to set about 30 –45 minutes.
- And for the last layer top the remaining white creme layer on top of mint layer. And decorate with cacao nibs if you would like.
- Place the whole grasshopper pie back into the freezer to let set.
When ready to eat the grasshopper pie take out of freezer about 20-30 minutes to let thaw a little. Or may eat pie cold
© 2010 Pure2Raw
8 Reasons why we loved this raw grasshopper pie:
- easy to make
- enjoy playing around with unique ingredients
- not too sweet
- well rounded flavor
- light but creamy texture
- gluten free and vegan
- no nuts if you use coconut flakes in crust
- full of healthy fats
Well that is it folks for your un-cooking class today. Michelle and I hope you enjoy the recipe! We plan to make this grasshopper pie again and probably do a twist on it 😉
Stayed for more great recipes coming your way soon.
Heidi is doing a great giveaway with Baby Carrot Products!
Gena is offering a i-herb giveaway!
Till next time,