Nutella love

by Lori and Michelle on June 2, 2010

Hey Friends,

Awhile ago  we saw our friend Heather make homemade Nutella and have had the recipe bookmarked for some time now.

We finally got to around to making it!

Heather was right on with this recipe ; )

may 2010 p2r blog 944

We followed her recipe but we ended up adding a little more cocoa! We wanted chocolate! And we left it a bit on the chunky side, mainly because we were hungry and could not wait for it to get smooth. Heather’s recipe is easy to follow and sweetened with stevia :) our favorite sweetener.

may 2010 p2r blog 946 We took our homemade nutella and spread it onto raw buckwheat flatbread! Perfect snack!! YUM!

may 2010 p2r blog 948

may 2010 p2r blog 954

Nothing beats a delicious creamy chocolaty sandwich :)

may 2010 p2r blog 956

Some other fabulous additions that would have went great on this nutella sandwich would be goat cheese (for non-vegans) or some sliced bananas!

Okay I am drooling just thinking about this sandwich again!! Cannot wait to make this again!

Thanks Heather!

Last night’s dinner was another amazing salad!

june 2010 p2r blog 106Base layer was spinach and fresh parsley topped with our new version of our coconut rice stacked dish!

june 2010 p2r blog 108

Glorious I tell you! Seriously love my salads!

june 2010 p2r blog 107

Side of fermented veggies and sauerkraut of course ;)

Now that is a perfect meal to end a long hard day!

How do you end a long day? Do you make yourself a nice meal or do you have a glass of wine? Or do you get take out from somewhere?

What is your favorite part of the day?

I think mine is working out. Well, lately that is the best part of my day. I have started to really love my insanity workouts. The workouts are making me feel so empowered and I feel I am getting stronger each day :)

Check out our newest tab – Our Guest Post page. We made it easier for people to see where we have done guest post and who has done guest post on our site :)

Lori

Pure2Raw Twins

Little Bookworm June 2, 2010 at 1:29 pm

That homemade nutella sandwich looks amazing! Great new tab. :)

Lauren June 2, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Wow, that “nutella” looks amazing!!!! At the end of the day (after making dinner). I relax with my hubs and Ginger on the couch with a nice cup of tea. We watch a movie or TV. It’s lovely! :)

MarathonVal June 2, 2010 at 1:58 pm

I have a similar recipe on my blog under my recipes tab too… I used to LOVE love love Nutella, and I think it’s awesome that as a vegan I can still enjoy it! :)

Pure2 June 2, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Val, isn’t nutella the best. we will have to check out your recipe too :) The first time we ever had Nutella was when we were in Italy a few years ago, and it was heavenly!

bitt June 2, 2010 at 3:02 pm

not take out anymore–unless it is from the raw case at the grocery store. which is nice sometimes, but pricey. these days a nice meal or even unwinding with kombucha is a great way to relax. sometimes a hot bath is required.

my favorite part of the day is slightly after my husband comes home. after he gets settled. my other favorite part of the day is the morning on days when i can sleep in! oh i like walks too but these days i keep getting rained on so they are not as fun. depends on the day!

that nutella sandwich looks so good! and i love kraut too. :-)

Pure2 June 2, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Bitt, I agree sipping on some kombucha is a great way to unwind!! It has been so long since I have taken a nice hot bath, I need to somehow find time to get that into my schedule. Whenever we have days when we can sleep in (which is not very often) it is heavenly!!!

Lori June 2, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Wow! That looks fantastic! Yum! I have to try that.
After a long day (like I’ve been having… that’s good though!), I curl up on the couch with a book and a glass of wine OR with my boyfriend to watch some Good Eats (my life revolves around food! ha!). Either way, I try to relax. I really think it’s important mentally and physically to get some “me” time in every day. :)
Great question!

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) June 2, 2010 at 4:27 pm

So glad you liked the Nutella – oh my gosh, I have not made that in forever. Note to self: purchase hazelnuts, and goat cheese and nutella go so well together. Good call – if only I had some of your buckwheat bread to make it with. :)

Glad you’re enjoying your workouts – they sound intense. I love that feeling after a good sweat session – nothing like it!

Enjoy the rest of your evening – I hope it’s chocolaty. :)

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine June 2, 2010 at 5:35 pm

That nutella looks delicious- eating it always brings back memories of my childhood! My favorite part of the day is waking up in the morning. I love the feeling of having a fresh start! Hope you ladies have a great evening!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) June 2, 2010 at 7:57 pm

love the guest post tab, you are so smart. i need to do one of those…yeah right as if that will happen any time soon :)

the nutella. omg. i remember that from heab’s blog and yes, i need to get on that.

glad u saw my hummus recipe today. so simple. really. like why do people pay money for hummus, ya know!

evergreen(happy raw kitchen) June 2, 2010 at 7:57 pm

The Nutella looks so good! Yummy chocolate sandwich..great idea to add banana, too:)

After a long day, a cup of tea or a glass of wine with the hubby.

Favorite part of the day, a bike ride or walk to the nearest lake, river, or waterfall:)

Ilana June 2, 2010 at 8:51 pm

OK, basically when I read this post I had to get up and go to my kitchen and make chocolate nut butter (walnut, no hazelnuts, sigh)… and then I came back to my comuter and found the post still open. Love it. Your sandwich looks famazing, one of these days I’ll have to give your raw flatbreads a try!!

Mama Pea June 2, 2010 at 8:58 pm

I cannot buy Nutella and thus I cannot make this delicious recipe. It would be gone overnight.

So how much are we missing LOST?! I’m DVRing the old ones and watching them again…it all takes on a new meaning now!

Have a great Thursday ladies!

Pure2 June 3, 2010 at 5:29 am

Sarah we are missing LOST so much, are lives are not the same with out it. Hope you have a great day too!

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) June 2, 2010 at 10:44 pm

WOW, looks amazing. I used to looovvvee nutella! I tried making a raw version once but it didn’t come out so good. I think soaking the hazelnuts took their flavor away, it was sad. I’ll have to give it another try!!

Your Insanity workouts are really tempting me. I think I got my roommate on board to do it with me. ;-)

Pure2 June 3, 2010 at 5:30 am

Yes Jackie we found soaking any nut the flavor changes, but we are used to that now. It just takes a few times trying them.

You will love Insanity.

Katie June 3, 2010 at 8:36 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh why can’t I have this creamy chocolate sandwich in my hands right now??!! So the questions continue! lol!

Yes we need answes, I feel like Im reliving LOST!!!

My fave part of the day is the morning! LOVE breakfast and love working out then too!

Muah!!

fartygirl June 4, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Beautiful spreads y’got there ladies!

I tried to make hazelnut butter, but was unhappy with the consistency. It’s all about the skins. The skins gotta go! :)

Lately, I’ve been very dedicated to getting to bed as early as possible. This means that by eight pm, I’m in the sack with a book. Even if I feel that I’ve not accomplished enough. I do it anyway.

And it rocks. :)

Sleep is so incredibly important. It is more important than food, I think. Not as important as water. But definitely trumps food.

With good sleep, you can conquer the world!

I wonder if we can find out if Alexander the Great or Napoleon were heavy sleepers? ;)