Avocado LOVE

by michelle on August 13, 2010

Hey friends,

Today’s post is going to be covering one thing we love

Avocado!

We eat at least one everyday….Lori and I each have a whole one!!!! Gasp

One whole avocado…yes we are not afraid of the fat in avocados. We know a few ladies that are not afraid of their healthy fats either.

Actually avocados are a good fat than burns off bad fat.

Okay now onto the food…

We take our basic lime avocado pudding that you have seen many times on the blog.

And we have just been upgrading it ;)

We have added mesquite too.

Here are some new recipes we have been enjoying lately, and all these recipes are done in our Vita-mix. It really helps create the prefect pudding texture!!!

With majority of these new recipes some we did just lemon juice and some we did lemon zest and juice. We also add one spoonful of sunflower lecithin to each pudding. Play around with what you like!  The additions shown below are based off one serving with one avocado.

july tc 2010 169Lavender Pudding

• 1 tsp of lavender
  • Drizzle with yacon

july tc 2010 326

Cucumber Mint Pudding

• 1 cucumber
  • handful fresh mint
  • 1/2 tsp spirulina (optional)

july tc 2010 330

july tc 2010 328

One of our favorites!

aug tc 2010 047

Basil Avocado Pudding

• large handful of basil
  • 1 cucumber

I love basil now in my puddings ;)

Collard Avocado Pudding (we are always trying to add more dark leafy greens into our diet)

• 2 stalks of collard

Very green pudding

• 1 tsp spirulina
  • 1 cucumber
  • handful basil
  • 2 tbsp carob

aug tc 2010 093

And sometimes we have made it with cacao nibs on top, which is our normal Saturday morning breakfast!!!

Ok so we seriously love our avocado especially in a pudding form!!!

5 reasons why we love avocados so much:

1. packed with super nutrients
  2. great source of Vitamin B’s (expect 12)
  3. full of Vitamin’s A, C, and E
  4. healthy fat – mostly Omega-9 fatty acids
  5. keeps you full and satisfied

Healthy fats are needed in one’s diet because they transport fat-soluble vitamins. Plant fats also contain no cholesterol!! Did you know that 60% of the human brain is made of fat!?!

Please do not be afraid of healthy fats especially avocados. We have one almost every single day. We have not noticed any weight gain from them either, so you do not have worry about that in our opinion.

If you are an avocado lover like we are, what is your favorite recipe or meal using avocado?

If you are not an avocado lover, seeing these puddings would you consider trying an avocado?

We have also done a lot of chocolate versions of this pudding which we will share at another time.

Michelle

Pure2Raw Twin

Lauren August 13, 2010 at 8:31 am

I love avocados!!! These recipes look awesome!!

I am going to make socca sometime next week, what’s the best way to have it? ;)

Pure2 August 13, 2010 at 9:58 am

Oh yeah, Lauren!! Socca time, haha. Best way to have it is really any way ;) First off having it plain is great with a little cumin or something. We can send you email with more ideas!

Julie Lynn August 13, 2010 at 8:44 am

I’m with you girls…love, love, love avocado!! :-) The puddings look great. I’ll be trying out these recipes ASAP. ;-)

Sarah August 13, 2010 at 8:49 am

Thank you so much for posting this! We probably go through an avocado a day in our house (the kiddo LOVES them) and I’m always looking for ways to make sure our consumption keeps steady because those fats are so important. You girls rock!

Pure2 August 13, 2010 at 9:59 am

Thanks Sarah!! You are so sweet! I am so happy to hear that your family loves them as much as well do :)

Megan @ Healthy Hoggin August 13, 2010 at 8:51 am

I am typically NOT an avocado lover, but ever since I discovered avocado pudding, I am a changed woman! I usually have to enjoy a chocolate-version, though, because otherwise I can still taste a “hint” of avocado… and I like to pretend it’s not in there AT ALL! ;)

Pure2 August 13, 2010 at 9:59 am

Megan there is nothing wrong with chocolate versions ;) We love those too!!!

Susannah August 13, 2010 at 8:52 am

My favorite thing right now (since it’s so hot outside!) is a green smoothie (2 handfuls spinach, 1 c. water, frozen watermelon, 1 banana) made with 1/2 avocado. It makes it sooo creamy and smooth. I agree that avocado is a great addition to everyone’s healthy eating habits! I can’t wait to try your pudding recipes above. YUM! Thanks for posting!

Pure2 August 13, 2010 at 10:00 am

Susannah we like putting avocado in our green smoothies too, it does wonders with the texture!! I hope you like the recipes!! Enjoy ;)

Chocolate Covered Katie August 13, 2010 at 9:25 am

Heck yeah, healthy fats!! And heck yeah for another gorgeously-green creation from y’all. I think I know your favorite color!! :)

Little Bookworm August 13, 2010 at 9:55 am

Love this post. I love chocolate avocado puddings. :)

Melissa August 13, 2010 at 10:12 am

I eat a whole avocado everyday too! I’m glad I’m not alone!

Lauren August 13, 2010 at 10:37 am

Thanks Ladies! I think I’ll have it plain with a side of kale or something! Can’t wait! Mmm!

Jenna August 13, 2010 at 10:42 am

I adore avocado, but something about it in pudding form kind of scares me off. I bet it’s wonderful, I may just have to woman up and give it a try! :)

Pure2 August 13, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Jenna, yes you must give it a try, I think you would like it :)

Lori August 13, 2010 at 10:57 am

I LOOOOOOOVE avocados! And I love these recipes. Thank you for sharing! I have made avo pudding before and loved it but am a little reluctant to make it- I usually end up over blending it and it gets super fluffy… but otherwise it’s really good.

I used to be afraid of the fat in avos but am so glad I got over that fear and learned to embrace the power of the avocado! Mmmmm.

Happy Friday the 13th!

Pure2 August 13, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Lori yes it can take some time to learn to really love fats!! But once that fear is gone they are great! Happy 13th to you too!!!

Nikki M. August 13, 2010 at 11:17 am

I recently tried avacodo, in pudding form (with chocolate of course) and was not a fan. I want to like avacados soooo very bad! I need to play around with them, I’m sure there is a way to fix them that I will love!
Thanks for the ideas!

Pure2 August 13, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Nikki, sorry you did not like avocado in pudding form, that is ok. There are other ways to eat avocados – guacamole for example is another favorite of ours!!

Danie @ Body By Nature August 13, 2010 at 1:23 pm

LOVE avocado! Especially in homemade guac, yum!!

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) August 13, 2010 at 2:20 pm

I sure love my healthy fats, especially avocados!! I haven’t had chocolate avo pudding in forever, but you have totally inspired me. I have some chocolate mint sitting at home, too. Perfect addition!

Pure2 August 13, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Jackie yes avocado, chocolate, and mint = heaven!!! Pure bliss! YUMMMMMM

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) August 13, 2010 at 2:32 pm

I am not a fan of avocado, but I know I need to try it in different ways. You two may have inspired me to do just that! These are all extremely creative ideas! I hope you both have a great weekend!

Pure2 August 13, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Sarena, yes try avocado as a pudding maybe that will help. ;)

Katie August 13, 2010 at 4:05 pm

I eat avocado daily also. I need to get on the pudding train though. These recipes sound like great ideas for fast breakfasts.

bitt August 13, 2010 at 4:09 pm

I like avocado but find them a little boring on salads. So having some new ways to enjoy them would be fun. I love guacamole and chocomole too. :-)

Lauren August 13, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Love avo pudding! And avocados in general.
Usually I just add them to salads in little chopped up pieces. They are so good!!
Recently I tried making a “pudding”. I didn’t even use a blender, I just mashed it with a fork and stirred in cacao and stevia.
I used to hate avocados but I think I was just afraid of them…which is silly, now I eat them all the time! I can’t wait to try some of these recipes…hopefully they will still turn out okay even though I don’t have a vita. They look great!

Pure2 August 13, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Lauren, so glad to hear that you are liking avocados, and way to go with the making your own pudding with no blender that is awesome!!

Rae August 13, 2010 at 5:34 pm

I like to make sandwiches of avocado slices, tomato slices, some sort of cheese and a bread. If you use a spreadable cheese (laughing cow, or goat cheese) then it comes out so creamy!

The Vegan Tiffin August 13, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Thank you for posting these recipes! The licithin will be making its way into my kitchen in 1 week, and I ma so excited to try it out!

I eat an avocado a day, too! They have been on sale here lately for a little over a dollar, thank goodness. The avocados here come from New Zealand or Australia and are normally about $4 each!

Pam August 13, 2010 at 7:23 pm

Great pudding..yum! Have fun working out!

Enjoy!

hihorosie August 13, 2010 at 11:45 pm

I heart avocados!!!! Always have; always will. YUM!

Heather Eats Almond Butter August 14, 2010 at 8:38 am

You know I LOVE my avocados, and I love all these savory pudding recipes. You girls are brilliant! I really want to try the lavender one. Thanks for sharing. :)

My favorite avocado recipe…well, as much as I love my puddings, especially the chocolate versions, I think I’d have to go with guacamole. Oh gosh, just love it so much!!! :)

Gena August 15, 2010 at 5:38 am

You know I love this tribute to my second fave food! Gorgeous puddings — the basil sounds stellar.

MarathonVal August 22, 2010 at 9:59 am

Ahhhhhh now I wish I had avocado on hand!!! They havent been good around here recently but I could easily eat 1-2 a day… maybe more :) Love love love them!

Aside from eating them savory, I also love to eat them drizzled with honey or agave and sprinkled with sea salt… so good!

Jennifer and Jaclyn @ sketch-free vegan September 21, 2010 at 7:08 am

Just had an avocado pudding this morning for breakfast and thought of you guys :) Banana and carob!

Ashley January 19, 2011 at 10:32 am

You two are amazing!

Chase March 12, 2011 at 10:36 am

I love your creativity in all these variations. It’s all about the healthy, interesting flavors. Love it. I’ll be coming back frequently to try more recipes!

-Chase