As we said on twitter the other day we have been playing around with several pumpkin recipes. Going along with our pumpkin chia pudding we thought trying putting pumpkin in our socca batter 😉 Why not right? We have never really played around with putting more ingredients into our socca before so we were not sure of how it would come out. But to our liking it came out PERFECT!!
We were so excited. It tasted like pumpkin! We turned our plain delicious socca into a flavored masterpiece 😉 We hope you like it as much as we did!
Pure2Raw Recipe: Pumpkin Socca
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour (we use Bob Red Mills)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut oil (for the pan)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place garbanzo bean flour, sea salt, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin puree into a large bowl.
- Whisk in your water.
- Stir to everything is combined. *Note this batter will be a little thick.
- Place the 2 1/2 tbsp coconut oil into the 12 inch pan and place in oven. Let oil heat up for 2 minutes.
- Take oiled pan out of oven and pour pumpkin batter into the pan. And spread to cover the whole pan.
- Bake pumpkin socca for 25 minutes.
Here is a short video of what your pumpkin socca batter should look like:
Once pumpkin socca has come out of the oven. Let it rest for about 1-2 minutes before trying to get it out of the pan.
Pumpkin socca out of the oven. Time to flip.
It is a careful process because you do not want to break it 😉
The bottom side always gets ‘more crispy’ than the top.
Time to cut into slices
You may eat the pumpkin socca plain or you can jazz it up some
To make a swiss chard beet pumpkin hummus pumpkin socca sandwich. That is a mouth full.
This was our dinner last night! It was fabulous! We fell in love with the pumpkin flavored socca. Unbelievable! It was nice having a sweet bread with savory filling. We do plan on making this again here soon — it was that good!!!
Our bakery, Twin Cakes Bakery online is offering a Columbus Day Sale starting today and ending Friday, Oct. 15. The sale is 20% off any orders over $40. To get the coupon code remember to follow us on twitter or Facebook. Plus to stay up-to-date with the latest happenings.
Plus we are now offering free shipping on all orders over $75. We had such success with that offer last time we did it, that we decided to make it standard
Happy shopping. Thanks again for everyone’s continued support!!!!
Till next time,