A new way to eat sweet potato fries

by Lori and Michelle on November 5, 2010

Before I get to the sweet potatoes..time to talk about my snack!

No words to describe my mid-afternoon snack yesterday. After traveling down to Charlotte I was extremely hungry and I thought to myself what does Gary have on the shelf that I can eat?

Nothing :(

I am not surprised since I do all the baking and cooking in the house. Luckily I have a stash of garbanzo bean flour and almond butter in the cabinets.

Which led me to create a mouthwatering over the top perfect snack!

Socca covered in almond butter. YUM.

I enjoyed every bite!

*sorry about the mess in the background, trying to get organized ;)

What I did was:

I did our small (individual like) serving of socca on the skillet with some coconut oil and sea salt. Perfection!

Since the socca was still warm off the skillet the almond butter just melted right into the warm soft bread-pancake socca! YUM

How could I TOP that snack?

Well with an amazing dinner of course ;)

Now that is what I call a beautiful dinner…. haha

Just wait this is just the first layer! Baby mixed greens with zucchini pasta (I love my spiralizer).

Second layer: roasted beets and onions

Final layer: roasted yellow squash fries

Now that is what I call one glorious salad.

With a side of sweet potato fries.

I ended up just tossing in the sweet potatoes in my veggie salad.

Folks we have a winner here :)

I think I just found a new way to enjoy sweet potato fries… in a salad! Promise it is tasty!!! The veggie sweet potato salad had so many great flavors and textures that my tastebuds were going crazy. So good!!

Also sipped on some red wine.

Now go and enjoy what Michelle did yesterday in San Fran for her first day for Foodbuzz event!

Time to go workout ;) It was fun seeing what everyone liked for a great arm workout :)

Pure2raw Twin

Faith November 5, 2010 at 8:14 am

Now that it is getting cold outside and coconut oil stays solid at room temp, how do you heat it up if you wanted it in liquid form to drizzle on fries, etc? Thanks!

Pure2 November 5, 2010 at 8:50 am

Faith good question. I usually scoop out some coconut oil into a small bowl or cup in place in my dehydrator to melt or place coconut oil into a pan saucepan and melt over low heat on stovetop. It usually stays in liquid form for a few minutes so you have time coat the fries with it ;) I hope this helps.

Lauren November 5, 2010 at 8:58 am

Delicious idea! I love SP fries!!! :)

Pure2 November 5, 2010 at 9:46 am

Me too Lauren, they are so good!!

Megan @ Healthy Hoggin November 5, 2010 at 9:11 am

Mmmm… that socca snack looks SO GOOD! I’m going to have to pick up some chickpea flour! I think I could even trick my husband into liking it. ;)

Jen November 5, 2010 at 10:15 am

Great idea! I put burgers in my salad so why not the fries, too? Thanks for sharing :)

Pure2 November 5, 2010 at 10:33 am

Your welcome Jen! :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) November 5, 2010 at 10:17 am

You can always have good food if chickpea flour and veggies are around! Perfections!

Pure2 November 5, 2010 at 10:33 am

Sarena, I totally agree!!!

bitt November 5, 2010 at 11:18 am

Forget stashing the toothbrush at the BFs, you gotta stash the almond butter and gab flour. Cute. I am sure you are so talented you can make something out of nothing.

Love sweet taters in anything!

hihorosie November 5, 2010 at 11:55 am

I want it ALL! I heart sweet potato fries so adding them to a salad sounds esp tasty! And your socca looks PERFECT!

Pure2 November 5, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Thanks Heidi, you are so sweet :)

Ela November 5, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Sounds like the very best way to enjoy sweet spud fries! Love your resourcefulness, and my husband just came over my shoulder and said ‘hoh, that looks beautiful!’
hey from London!

Lori November 5, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Love the socca, as usual. Looks like a little piece of Heaven, right there on a plate, slathered with glorious almond butter. Yum.

Loving the salad ingredients too… and who can go wrong with red wine? Seriously, I need some right now. lol

Happy Friday!

Ricki November 5, 2010 at 6:20 pm

I never knew what socca was until I read your recipe–and realize I’ve been calling this pudla or cheela–the Indian version! The Indian chickpea flour flatbread adds spices (of course) and green onion, etc. . . these days, I put a bunch of chopped veggies in mine and just love it. I’ve never made it really thick, though, with the custard-like middle–something new to try–yay!

Katey (Bonne Santé) November 5, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Like I needed a new way to eat socca…better stock up on almond butter, this could get messy!

MarathonVal November 7, 2010 at 4:55 pm

I love adding sweet potato fries to salad! I’ve always thought I was the person that did that haha, glad to know it’s not just me :) I’m so weird though, I throw the fries on top of some spinach and drizzle it with ketchup and mustard like a burger almost lol…. I swear it tastes good ;)