Once again Michelle and I can not thank you all enough for the all the amazing comments and emails we have received from our being twins series. Thank you!!!
In case you might have missed any:
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
We are girls. We have similar interest. And we are twins!
By having similar interests might be what had caused us to fight and struggle through all the issues we did. But WE would never change being twins!
We would not be who we are without those experiences
They are what made us who we are. We have no regrets. We loved the good and the bad moments.
Would we change anything?
We are stronger.
We are different.
We are individuals (well sorta)
Now looking back we realized our issues started with low self image. We were constantly struggling with our own images that we brought it out on each other which is not the best solution. We now we realize this!
We realized that our obsession part of our eating disorder became an addiction. Well for us it turned into an addiction. We know not every one has the same experiences but when we really thought about it for awhile we realized we were ‘addicted’ to being rude to each other… being mean to ourselves..counting calories to the max!
This addiction goes hand in hand with our low self image. I know many ladies/men suffer from this as well. We just became obsessed with counting calories! Obsessed with numbers! Obsessed with food! Obsessed with cardio!
Don’t let ‘numbers’ ruin your life. Admit your mistakes. Learn from others. Get support! Email us – we are here to support and encourage one another that you can get through this obsession! We did!
Things that helped us get over our addiction to calorie counting, constantly fighting with each other, and helped our self image are:
- Being open and honest with ourselves.
- Addressing our issues and being aware of them.
- Facing our fears.
- Letting go of the past.
- Tried hard to avoid unnecessary stress.
- Allowing ourselves time to heal.
- Keeping a positive attitude.
- Finding things that really make us happy (our bakery, our blog).
- Staying active, finding what working out means to us.
- Staying true to our self…what matters to us, what we believe in
- Eating a high plant based diet (having more foods that made us feel good eating). Raw foods really played a part in helping us feeling better. Helped us stop worrying about calories because we knew the foods we were eating strengthen our bodies from the inside out!
- Talking with others about our issues (family, friends)
- Realizing it is ok that we have similar interest; we can still be individuals!
- THREW OUT OUR NOTEPAD AND CALCULATOR, so we had no place to record our numbers anymore.
The biggest thing is being honest and give time to heal. Take small steps. Look at food and working out as a place of happiness. A place that heals. And believe in yourself and say positive things!
Find a place like Operation Beautiful, where everyday someone out there is saying you are beautiful. Also check out Gena’s Defining an Eating Disorder, and Megan’s Done with Diets, and Lynn shares her story and how to recover, truly inspiring ladies!!!
Now onto something more fun
Twin Cakes Bakery is offering a 15% off sale – Coupon Code: NewYear, for orders over $40 or more. Never too late to get some healthy treats to start of the year 😉
*You may notice that our site is different. We finally have had the time to update it, but there is more to do.
Plus there will be some changes coming to the blog here. Slow changes but we are trying to try some new things here on the blog and will keep you all posted.
Till next time,