Happy Friday Friends!
Today I have a fun recipe that Michelle and I created again from inspiration with Valentines. When discussing the another recipe that we wanted to create we knew we wanted to use heart shapes in it. Then it was time to hit the drawing boards to see what we can think of! We went back in forth a few times till we both agreed on what to do.
Basis of the recipe we wanted to incorporate our raw yogurt. We realized it has been months since we have made it and were craving it (plus we realized we probably need to give an update blog post on how to make it again).
- 2 recipes of our donut socca recipe but we did as a regular circle (to be able to cut into heart hearts) or you can use this chocolate socca recipe as the base
- 1 recipe of our raw yogurt (though this time we used cashews instead of coconut meat, similar to what Michelle learned at school here)
- about 1 tbsp beet juice (or use as much till you get the desired color you want)
- 1-2 tbsp cacao nibs for decoration (optional)
- Make either socca recipe as normal, let cool before cutting into heart shapes.
- Make the yogurt, once it is done, add in beet juice till you get the color pink you want (you could use raspberry juice too). Then sweetened your yogurt to your liking with any sugar preference you have (stevia, agave, etc).
To plate: Take one of the socca hearts and layer with yogurt and repeat layers. **What we did in the photo is that we used different size shape hearts for a different look. Play around and have fun remember!
Every now and than we like to really jazz up a dish and put a little more effort than normal It is nice when you take the time to create yourself a little masterpiece! This socca stack dish really did not take too much time, it actually turned out to be really fun to make!
What do you think? Do you like to take a few extra minutes or so to create a more complicated or detailed dish occasionally? Do you like to have a challenge in the kitchen? Or you rather someone else make if for you? that is ok too
Do you like to jazz up a recipe from time to time?
PS: I know many of you probably have already heard or seen this before (we forgot to mention it earlier this week) But if you do not mind heading over to the Women’s Health Mag.They are hosting a great blog contest and we really appreciate your support! The voting only takes a second and we would be honored for any votes!!
PSS: And please remember to take care of yourself and love yourself! It is National Eating Disorder Week please stop judging yourself and be happy! We have struggled with our fair share of eating disorders and we have shared on the blog before. Remember it takes time to heal but if you ever need someone to talk to we are here all the time!
Till next time, with love