Today we have a special recipe for you. We got today’s socca recipe inspiration from our friend Ashley who just made a version of our beloved socca and her amazing buckwheat bakes (check out her recipe tab for all her bakes) combined!
Once I saw it I knew we had to give it a try with our little twist on it.
Here is what we did
Socca Carob Bread (gluten-free, vegan, soy-free, sugar free)
- 3/4 cup sprouted garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 cup whole buckwheat groats (soaked and rinsed)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp xylitol
- 1 cup + 1/3 cup water
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp carob flour
- 3 tbsp coconut oil for the pan
- Heat oven t0 375 degrees.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend till well combined.
- Place the 3 tbsp coconut oil in your 7 inch baking dish and place pan in warm oven to melt.
- Remove from hot oven and pour your socca batter into hot oiled pan and place back into oven.
- Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Let slightly cool before flipping out of pan.
We love how Ashley did this as square shape! Brilliant!!! Thanks again Ashley for creating this amazing dish We LOVE IT!!! We really enjoyed having our socca this thick and square shape. When we create our socca’s with different shapes (burgers, donuts) it really helps us feel like we are having something new.
Lori and I are already anxious to go make this again. Oh Ashley the creations we could make together in the kitchen!!
Till next time,