Carrot Cake Socca Sandwich

by Lori and Michelle on February 4, 2011

Happy Friday luvs!

Nothing like a little freezing rain…how is the weather in your neck of the woods?

Last week we enjoyed something sweet, something special, and could not wait to make it again.

DSC_0043

DSC_0024

Carrot Cake Socca (gluten-free, vegan, soy-free)

• 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
  • 1 cup carrot juice (and this is what we plan to make with the carrot pulp)
  • 3/4 tsp sea salt
  • 3/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg

Stir all together in a bowl. Place in hot oiled pan to bake or cook on skillet.

Now what to fill it with?

We wanted something sweet, so we covered our carrot cake socca in a thick layer of  coconut banana butter! Thanks to Katie for this wonderful creation, this was the perfect filling for our carrot cake socca!!

DSC_0040Love the color the carrot juice provided the socca, as well as giving it some natural sweetness! Love it!

I see Lori and I having this again many times in the future, along with some chocolate goodies :)

Remember our Valentines Day Sale is going on right now! Get your chocolate orders in now in time for Valentines Day!

Michelle

Natalia - a side of simple February 4, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Carrot Cake Socca = Reason Number 239403825 why I need to make socca asap! Have a great Friday, girls!

Pure2 February 4, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Thanks Natalia, you too!

Krissy February 4, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I made Socca for the first time today and OMG you girls have changed my life!!!! xoxoxo

Pure2 February 4, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Krissy – haha, yay!!! So glad you liked it, now you will become addicted like us :)

Alex February 4, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Mmmmmm I just made some more coconut butter, so I must try this :)

Btw, I wanted to let you know that I made the best socca pizza the other day with pesto and veggies ;)

Pure2 February 4, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Alex – socca pizza, send some our way next time!

lindsay February 4, 2011 at 3:35 pm

brillant once again ladies. Add a little rum extract to that its almost like rum carrot cake! wow!

Pure2 February 4, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Lindsay – oh my, how could we forget the rum??? Next time for sure, what to join us?

megan @ the oatmeal diaries February 4, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I JUST posted about carrot cake pancakes w/ that banana coconut butter! Great minds think alike! And I recently bought garbanzo bean flour specifically to make socca =D

Pure2 February 4, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Megan – awesome, yes great minds to think alike!!! You will love socca!

Christine (The Raw Project) February 4, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Wow, another amazing socca version I need to try. Thanks!

Ela February 4, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Oh my, this sounds just delightful! I’ll be posting today about PUFAs and my carrot challenge–will def link this post and let you know. I’m looking forward to trying this myself.

Pure2 February 4, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Ela – thank you!

chocolate-covered katie February 4, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Oh wow, you girls never cease to amaze me! I think of all the blogs out there, your recipes are the ones I most-often bookmark! But then I get lazy :( . Some I’ve bookmarked? Tiramisu pancakes, macaroons, and your socca!!! I NEED to make that socca! What is wrong with me that I haven’t tried it yet?

And now it comes in a carrot cake version? Truly, please come over here and get me off my lazy butt. I want to eat your entire post! :)

Pure2 February 4, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Katie – you are too sweet!! we love of your recipes…and yes you must try socca, you will love it!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 4, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Oh, heck yeah! This looks perfect!

Jennifer and Jaclyn @ sketch-free vegan February 4, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Wow! I’m astonished by what you girls can do with socca! You should make a socca e-book or something :)

Pure2 February 4, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Jennifer and Jaclyn – we have actually have thought about socca cookbook, already gathered ideas for it.

Lauren February 4, 2011 at 8:26 pm

You ladies have done it again… Made me drool on my iPad screen! ;) amazing! Have a wonderful weekend. Hope the weather gets better. Here it’s snow, snow, ice, snow..lol

Pure2 February 4, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Lauren – yikes, hope you stay warm and safe!! Say hi to T and baby A ;)

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan February 4, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Ooh, what a great idea!

hihorosie February 4, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Your latest creating looks really good. And hey, no snow or icy weather here! One of the few times we can brag about our weather. :)

Eden February 5, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I’m gonna start making Socca for the family I’m a private chef for! I’m not telling the kids whats in though cause they wont touch it, but I’ll just say its “carrot cake”!

Namaste Gurl February 5, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I am all over this carrot- cake socca! I’ve been on the socca kick recently since I got my chickpea flour and so new ideas are welcomed. In fact, I got really creative a few days ago and made a pizza out of the chickpea flour– so yummy! I bet Ashley’s coconut cream frosting would be good in the middle, as well :)

Ms. Adventuress February 5, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Stunning…and how wonderful it reminds me of a raw vegan “grilled cheese” sandwich. YUM!

Pure2 February 6, 2011 at 7:39 am

Ms Adventurees – thank you! yes it does look like raw vegan grilled cheese, which we have made before :) YUM!

Jennifer Leonard (big sis) February 6, 2011 at 10:08 am

This looks amazing!

Reeni February 6, 2011 at 10:25 am

I made socca yesterday – love it! This is a unique twist with the carrot juice. And banana BUTTER? Sounds divine!

Pure2 February 6, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Yay Reeni – so glad you enjoyed your socca!!!

Barbara February 7, 2011 at 6:29 am

Sounds intriguing! I’m going to try this out. Wonder if I could make the flour on my own in my Blendtec. Ya think? Would it be more than just grinding the chick peas into flour, or would you need to soak first, dehydrate and then make the flour? Hmmmmm….

Darris August 9, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Where the heck have I been?? I am new to socca. Actually, I didn’t know what it was until I read “socca” on your blog (I have a kid who played soccer for 8 years so naturally I assumed . . ). This stuff looks like my newest obsession! It fit all food criteria for me: VEGAN, EASY, FEW INGREDIENTS, SWEET.

You two are darling! Can’t wait for the photo blog. Count me in on that too!

Pure2 August 10, 2011 at 4:57 am

thank you Darris! We love our socca!!!

Morri September 30, 2011 at 7:45 pm

I don’t know why I never tried socca before, but you both have definitely converted me to the dark side (only, instead of cookies there’s socca :P ). I made socca today and thought I’d share it with you and give you credit where it’s due.

Also, have you thought of using cucumber juice or beet juice. I think the former would taste “refreshing” and the latter could be a “red velvet socca sandwich” with your coconut banana butter.

Hugs!
Morri

Lori and Michelle October 1, 2011 at 5:08 am

Morri aww thank you!! yay for socca lovers ;) A great idea about red velvet socca.

bend drywall June 7, 2012 at 5:45 pm

This looks so good!!!! I am making this soon!