Dreams

by Lori and Michelle on March 21, 2011

Happy Monday luvs!

Well for me not so happy, I got horrible sleep. I had some pretty weird dreams that caused me to toss and turn. {as Lori and I are here talking she informed me she had some unusual dreams as well} I cannot remember all of my dreams, but do remember rain and my best friends being in the dream. Since I can not really remember my dreams it is going to bug me all day now ;)

I looked up on Dream Moods what rain and friends meant in dreams.

I do not normally do this. Most of the time I do not really remember my dreams, but if I do sometimes I look up what it means. I tend to dream about weird things though, in the past I have had alligators, spiders; haha some people might call me crazy but I like alligators :)

So here are what my dreams meant:

{Rain}

In my dream, it was raining and I was in the rain getting wet. Dream Moods says seeing and hearing rain fall symbolizes forgiveness and grace. Falling rain also stands for tears, crying, and sadness. And then on the other side, rain symbolizes renewal. And if you get wet that means cleaning from your troubles and problems.

{Friends}

Since I saw my friends in my dream, according to Dream Moods it means learning from the relationships around me is important to learn about myself. Also, indicates positive news (i like that)

Interesting stuff, haha

So why I sit here and ponder my dreams and their meanings, I am chatting with Lori as she made us another version of the yummy chia hemp pudding that we were inspired by Gena; but this time around Lori added in some raw sprouted buckwheat groats!

Enjoy your chia hemp buckwheat cereal while thinking of your DREAMS!

Twins Question: Do you remember your dreams? If so how often? Do you look up what they mean? Or do you think it is hocus pocus?

Till next time

Michelle

Katie March 21, 2011 at 6:01 am

Morning! Wow this looks so good!!! O so I need to buy hemp seeds today, that has been on my list for a while, and you mean I just put the buckwheat groats in just raw? Im going to have to try this! I need more chia seeds to!

I used to have a book on dreams and what things meant, I was always interested in that, I don’t know where that book went ; p I hardly remember dreams, only time I do is if they are bad, or if I take a nap in the day, I remember then !

Happy Monday! xoxo

Pure2 March 21, 2011 at 6:43 am

Yes Katie, the buckwheat groats go in raw but have to soak them for a few hours and rinse well!!

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) March 21, 2011 at 6:07 am

I’ve never gotten into dream decoding, even though I love thinking about crazy dreams I’ve had. I have a couple that have reoccurred throughout my life… those may be fun to look up meanings to :)

Pure2 March 21, 2011 at 6:44 am

Yes Brittany that would be interesting to see what the pattern means ;)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) March 21, 2011 at 6:11 am

I usually only remember my dreams if I wake up in the midst of one or right after. Sometimes they haunt me all day long. Can’t stand not being able to shake a dream; makes me anxious all day.

Pure2 March 21, 2011 at 6:44 am

I hear ya Jenn, same here!

Jackie @ Baking Charms March 21, 2011 at 6:38 am

I’m sorry you didn’t have a restful night’s sleep! :( Yoga stretches before bed help with my weird dreams.

When I wake up mad/scared/upset because of a dream, I feel crazy! But sometimes they feel so real…

Pure2 March 21, 2011 at 6:44 am

yes Jackie they do, sometimes I get freaked out how real they can be!

Lauren March 21, 2011 at 7:16 am

I always look up my dreams! Usually they are dead on for something going on in my life! I hope you get a better sleep tonight! Xoxo

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free March 21, 2011 at 7:32 am

I was so tired last night that I didn’t even dream! If I did I don’t remember….

Sometimes I look up the meanings, but I never really believe it fully.

Pure2 March 21, 2011 at 7:36 am

Same here Alex, just fun to see what it says haha

Kristina @ life as Kristina March 21, 2011 at 7:47 am

Wow that looks so good!!!! I remember my dreams a lot! I wake up W randomly to tell him them, i’m sure he enjoys that!

Melissa @ Vegan CacaoBee March 21, 2011 at 7:57 am

I used to remember my dreams a lot more vividly than I do now, but I have always found the meaning behind dreams interesting.

Jenny March 21, 2011 at 8:12 am

the pudding looks great!

Katie March 21, 2011 at 8:12 am

I almost never remember my dreams, and when I do they are so crazy and off the wall, I can’t imagine what an interpreter would think!

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing March 21, 2011 at 8:33 am

I love that tablecloth/placemat. So bright and happy :) I always remember my dreams, and they are intense and vivid. It kind of runs in the family. My husband hardly ever remembers his dreams, and thinks it’s so strange that if I have a bad dream, it can ruin my whole day, because it will feel as if the experience were real! I guess I’m just hypersensitive? Sometimes I try to “interpret” them, to understand what’s going on inside of me, but other times I just kind of dismiss them because I figure it’s my subconscious processing otherwise unprocessed emotional baggage ;)

Pure2 March 21, 2011 at 10:54 am

Thanks Katie, our mom made the placemat :)

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine March 21, 2011 at 8:52 am

I have the weirdest dreams ever, and almost always remember them. They get super crazy when I eat sugar close to bedtime, so I try not to do that!!

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather March 21, 2011 at 9:01 am

I rarely ever remember even dreaming but my husband dreams so much lucky guy.

Yummy breakfast as always lady. Hope you both have a great monday!

natalie (the sweets life) March 21, 2011 at 9:24 am

oooh I totally need to consult the dream site sometime, I’m always so curious and I have some bizarre dreams :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) March 21, 2011 at 9:26 am

The pudding looks delicious! I think there’s a lot to the meaning of dreams. I’ve never looked up what they mean, but now I will! I think it has a lot to do with your subconscience. I hope you two have a good day and hopefully you will get some rest tonight!

Kelsey @ Clean Teen Kelsey March 21, 2011 at 9:39 am

I love remembering my dreams. :) It’s fun, but it rarely happens.

The buckwheat cereal looks great!

Emily March 21, 2011 at 9:51 am

You know, Mercury is about to go into retrograde. My old boss was very much into charting, and if really strange things were going on, it was always a good bet that Mercury was in/going into retrograde. So anymore, I just blame all weirdness on Mercury :)

Pure2 March 21, 2011 at 10:57 am

Sounds good to me Emily ;)

lindsay March 21, 2011 at 9:53 am

wow, that is so intersting! I’ve always wondered about what my dreams mean. But I guess we’ll never really know. Hope you get some extra sleep tonight.

Ashley March 21, 2011 at 10:29 am

Look into Unda 24 drops. When I have weird dreams my ND recommends me taking 10 drops in water before bed. It really helps…

Lisa @ Thrive Style March 21, 2011 at 10:40 am

Interesting dream info! I like that stuff—and look it up sometimes. I dream all the time, but I guess I haven’t come up with anything groundbreaking from trying to analyze the dreams!

The cereal looks great—I just made a sprouted buckwheat, chia, coconut cereal mix that I dehydrated …it’s so great in coconut or hemp milk!

Have a great Monday, Ladies!

Pure2 March 21, 2011 at 10:58 am

Lisa – sounds great! we will check it out!

Christina March 21, 2011 at 11:53 am

Odd as it may sound I can have a dream, wake up, then fall back asleep and pick up right where the dream left off! It’s so strange! It’s really bad though when it’s a bad dream, sometimes I have to force myself to stay awake for a while before going back to sleep.

Pure2 March 21, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Wow Christina that is impressive. I always change up dreams up once one wakes me up, weird haha

Katey @ Bonne Sante March 21, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Funny you should mention the crazy dreaming – myself and quite a few others have experienced the same thing over the last few days – v. vivid dreams. Apparently because the moon is so close right now, this can affect our moods and even our sleep! Clearly, I’m not in the ‘dream-decoding-is-hocus-pocus’ camp :)
Really interesting to check out the symbolic significance of certain themes/objects. I love it!

Hayley March 21, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I only remember the bad dreams, sadly! I wish I could remember some good ones. Sometimes I wake up and I’m upset or my heart is racing because the dream felt so real…and it takes me a while to convince myself that it didn’t actually happen. I’ve never looked up what they mean but it sounds like it could be fun to look into.

Renee March 21, 2011 at 7:58 pm

This is almost exactly like a breakfast cereal that I have fallen in love with. It’s called Holy Crap cereal and it is chia seeds, hemp seeds, buckwheat, cranberries, raisins, apples and cinnamon. I just reviewed it on my blog. It’s pricey but convenient if I’m too lazy or rushed in the morning to mix anything together myself.

mmm I know what I’m having for breakfast tomorrow!

Pure2 March 22, 2011 at 3:40 am

Renee – thanks for letting us know, never heard of that

Charissa March 21, 2011 at 8:50 pm

This looks so great that I’m bookmarking you on my delicious. Thanks so much for sharing!!! Mmmm….I’m such a breaky girl!

lynn @ the actor's diet March 21, 2011 at 11:11 pm

i try not to read too much into my dreams. sometimes they’re just too crazy!

hihorosie March 23, 2011 at 11:00 am

I don’t remember my dreams much although I’ve remembered a few lately. When I took psych class (interesting btw) I was horrible with dream interpretation; I have to ask my husband or look online. ha!

kate@ahealthypassion March 23, 2011 at 5:44 pm

this dish looks so amazing im definitely making it asap!

casey April 3, 2011 at 7:12 pm

oh i’m so glad i found this recipe! this one will definitely be put into practice!

Ashley April 6, 2011 at 8:55 am

May have to try this with a little cinnamon + cocoa powder mixed in!!!

Crysta May 11, 2011 at 6:10 am

I have made this for breakfast twice now, I LOVE it! The first time I threw in some goji berries. Today I added fresh organic berries and a few sliced almonds! Thanks for the wonderful recipe!

Pure2 May 11, 2011 at 7:03 am

Crysta thank you! I am glad you are enjoying the recipe!

barb March 20, 2012 at 8:25 am

I thought one was supposed to soak the groats to get all the slime off. Is it ok to eat them unsoaked?
barb recently posted..Best and Worst Onscreen Chemistry – Part 2My Profile

Lori and Michelle March 20, 2012 at 8:41 am

you can eat them unsoaked, but we highly recommend soaking them for a few hours and rinsing them, we forgot to mention that in the post.

Dawn July 12, 2012 at 2:43 am

That is crazy about the dreams! I sleep so heavily that I don’t remember many dreams.
I LOVE chia. Have you tried Mila? It’s a blend of open chia seeds that has more fiber and omega3s than regular chia. I had been eating chia and ground flax every morning – my mom’s nurse practicioner at her neurologist sent me a bag and I fell in love!