Goodbye

by Lori and Michelle on March 2, 2011

Wow, I am blown away at all the wonderful and supportive comments and emails I received from my health post yesterday! I am working on a follow-up with more of what I am doing since many were interested :)

As I mentioned Lori and I have done a few candida cleanses before, but short-term and maybe to some people not the “right” way or enough to make a difference. But at those moments that is all we could do.

Time goes by. You grow. You learn. You change. You adjust.

It is no secret that both of us love our fermented foods and drinks. In the past we kept them in our diet during cleanses, but now it is time to say goodbye….for a little while.

The other day we enjoyed our last bit of homemade raw cashew yogurt with some socca crumbles (haha yes we never let broken socca go to waste).

It was a perfect ending :)

Twins Question: Do you watch soap operas? Or any daytime show?

Awhile ago on twitter, I mentioned my love for General Hospital. Although lately I have missed weeks of it, and started catching up on it last night. I find it so funny how even though I have missed many episodes, I can easily pick up on what is happening. :) Love how they carry on one day for a whole week, haha

Michelle

Aubrey March 2, 2011 at 8:02 am

Find a food to replace it with. I find that always makes it easier. Less “goodbye” like:)

Pure2 March 2, 2011 at 9:48 am

Agreed Aubrey ;)

BIOCHEMISTA March 2, 2011 at 8:09 am

Hi ladies!!! :) I went to whole foods yesterday JUST for garbanzo bean powder and they were out of it! How could they???? haha

Have a great day :)

Pure2 March 2, 2011 at 9:49 am

Oh no Biochemista :(

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) March 2, 2011 at 8:34 am

The socca crumbles look so good! I am glad you two are on the right track! Hopefully some healing will happen soon and you will feel better quickly! I don’t watch soap operas. I feel like I have enough day to day drama to deal with.

Pure2 March 2, 2011 at 9:50 am

Sarena same here but we still get into our show from time to time haha

Katie March 2, 2011 at 8:43 am

General HOspital!! Is that still on??!?! I remember watching it way back in the day. Best part about staying home sick in middle school!!

Pure2 March 2, 2011 at 9:50 am

haha Yes Katie it is still on, I know we remember watching back in high school, fun times, haha

Jennifer and Jaclyn @ sketch-free vegan March 2, 2011 at 10:14 am

That yogurt looks amazing! Jac is doing a candida cleanse right now. How come you guys are cutting our fermented foods? doesn’t that help the cleansing process?

Pure2 March 2, 2011 at 11:12 am

Jennifer, good question I guess it is better to wait to add the fermented foods into your diet once you really kill off the bad bacteria, etc. We do plan on having them again to rebuild our good bacteria in the 3 month or so of doing this cleanse.

Ela March 2, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Sweet good-bye! I’m looking forward to hearing more about what you’re doing. One of the specific questions I’m going to ask my ND on Fri is whether I should hold all the ferments for a while: some say eat them during candida cleansing and some say don’t–so many things about the whole deal are confusing!

Pure2 March 2, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Yes Ela it is confusing!

Lauren March 2, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I remember when you mentioned that on twitter, I told you that I watch The Young and the Restless..lol! I’ve been watching since I was a kid! My mom AND dad watch! My mom would record it on the VCR and we would all watch at night! Hahaha! We all still watch.. Even my brother! My sis is the only one who doesn’t. Anyway, socca over anything sounds yummy!

Amanda March 2, 2011 at 1:42 pm

good for you two! the anti candida diet is something that seems very challenging, but if your body can’t handle yeast, then it’s totally necessary. have you looked at the diet dessert and dogs blog? she is a vegan anti candida dieter and it has really helped improve her health. when i went vegan i was relying heavily on soy products (tofu and milk) and i started to break out like crazy. i recently stopped eating so much (maybe once a week as a condiment) and wow has my skin improved. it’s amazing how little things can make such huge improvements!

Pure2 March 2, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Amanda – thank you for sharing, yes we know Ricki’s blog :)

janetha @ meals and moves March 2, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Socca crumbles. Yum. I don’t watch much TV.. none in the daytime and very little at night. When I was a kid, we weren’t allowed to watch soap operas! I think that’s so funny now.

Pure2 March 2, 2011 at 2:39 pm

haha same here, I barely get to watch TV. I do not even have cable, so I just watch things online in my free time, whenever that is

bitt of raw March 2, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I used to watch general hospital oh about 15 years ago. i am sure some of the same characters are still on! i loved sonny, i think he’s still on the show.

Pure2 March 2, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Bitt yes still on show and we love him too!!

Christine (The Raw Project) March 2, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I haven’t watched daytime TV in awhile, I used to be a One Life to Live and General Hospital fan. But my work schedule conflicts with it too much. :-(

Jennifer and Jaclyn @ sketch-free vegan March 2, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Right! That makes sense…We are actually also doing a candida clenase. I’m not right now because I’m in school and it will be too hard to do without a full functioning kitchen. But Jaclyn is and I will be starting it once school ends. Looking forward to reading about it!