Socca Cereal

by Lori and Michelle on March 14, 2011

Hey luvs

Ready for another sugar-free week?? I am :)

Although last night Lori and I both had a urge for cupcakes!  We did make ourselves some pumpkin cupcakes. Thank goodness canned pumpkin is still in stores, it has been saving me lately since I am not having sweet potatoes!  The cupcakes came out pretty good. Not quite like a cupcake, I guess more a muffin-like texture. But it hit the spot we polished them off quickly.  I think we will make them again and remember to take pictures.

I am starting my Monday morning with a small cup of coffee and  SOCCA cereal!

socca as cereal with pumpkin milk vegan gluten free

Yep – socca as our cereal with coconut milk.

Pure2raw: Socca Cereal Recipe (basically just what we did)

• 1/2 socca of your choice
  • some milk of your choice
  • bowl and spoon

Lori and I made our sprouted mung bean socca on the skillet, but it broke. So we ripped it into pieces and enjoyed a wonderful different type of cereal!  Please note this is not sweet, but savory :)  For us, having a more savory breakfast has been taking some time for our taste buds to get used to compared to our other cereals. They are all different and good in their own way!

And please remember our recipes our easy to alter to your liking. Add more sweetness if you need it. Add less of a flavor if you do not like it…etc. We want our recipes to inspire you to try new things in the kitchen.

mung bean flatbread with coconut milkWe liked this picture too.

Sometimes I love the way adding warmth to a photo adds a new feel to it.

Twins Question: Do you agree? Which photo do you like better? Do you notice a difference when you add warming and cooling colors to your photos?

Michelle

P.S. We have some great bakery news after many longs hours and hard work :) Our products are slowly starting to get in some health food stores nationwide!! You can find the online on Raw Food World, Foodzie, and coming soon to stores like Heritage Natural Market in Virginia Beach and locally Healthy Home Market, and more to come.

GABS March 14, 2011 at 6:30 am

No, not coffee! It is too acidic. I had such a tough time giving it up – but as a goal for Lent helps! I have found that reishi tea with almond milk and a quick shake of stevia is satisfying. I get my reishi tea from Raw Food World – congratulations on distribution of your goods through them and others. It is VERY exciting!! I will also look for them when I go to Virginia Beach in April.

Your photos are really great! I am an amateur, so really appreciate the work you do. Lighting is the challenge for me so playing with white balance is great to compare. I do like the second photo a little better.

Oh, made the lemon coconut bars last night and will make more today for a trip tomorrow! Thanks for all you do!

Pure2 March 14, 2011 at 7:14 am

GABS – i know i know, I am reducing my coffee intake, well trying at least. It is my guilty pressure :)

Ya I like the second photo too! Lighting is hard. I do not have good lighting at my place but one spot outside, so I feel bad all my photos have the same background. Oh well. We do what we can, right?

Glad to hear you loved the lemon bar, we hope to make it again here soon too!

Jackie @ Baking Charms March 14, 2011 at 7:12 am

I like photo numero 2… but the food looks so delicious that it’s hard to choose :)

Katie March 14, 2011 at 7:35 am

Second Photo is better for sure and ummmmmmm hello SOCCA cereal! I can t have cereal, I gave it uo for lent, and this Is ceral I can have, its not actual cereal!!!!!! yay!!! I love you girls! U just made my day! I have to make this tomorrow!!!!!! xoxoxo

Pure2 March 14, 2011 at 11:20 am

haha thanks Katie, oh yes this is not cereal :)

Katie March 14, 2011 at 7:36 am

whoa typos! lol! I was so excited I typed too fast! lol

Christina March 14, 2011 at 9:09 am

Sounds like a great alternative to oatmeal! Awesome!

Gillian Young March 14, 2011 at 9:42 am

I love the warm lighting- and the socca cereal – yUMM!!

I want to hear more about these “cupcakes” :)

Pure2 March 14, 2011 at 11:21 am

Gillian yes we will share once we make them again, probably soon!

janetha @ meals and moves March 14, 2011 at 10:02 am

I have been using pumpkin to satisfy my sweet craving lately, too! I simply combine egg whites, pumpkin, coconut flour, baking powder and unsweetened cocoa and microwave it for 2 minutes. Yum! That cereal looks awesome. I have those same C+B mugs :) I love that your recipe includes “bowl & spoon”–you are the best. Have a great week, girls!!

Pure2 March 14, 2011 at 11:22 am

Janetha – that sounds wonderful! we will have to give that a try. Yes I remember seeing these mugs on your blog!! xoxo

Faith March 14, 2011 at 10:24 am

Congratulations on your bakery news! Will the Healthy Home Market on South Blvd carry your products? When can we expect to see them there? So exciting!

Pure2 March 14, 2011 at 11:23 am

Faith – we are meeting with them Thursday, so not sure but we will keep you posted.

Cami March 14, 2011 at 10:32 am

Those pumpkin cupcakes/muffins sounds so good! I’m craving something like that, but just starting my second month of the Candida diet. How did you make them???

Thanks so much!

Pure2 March 14, 2011 at 11:23 am

Cami – when we remake them we will share the recipe! congrats on starting your second month.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg March 14, 2011 at 10:40 am

I always up the warmth factor a little bit on my food pictures– I just like the way it looks better!

crazy me crazy with three March 14, 2011 at 10:50 am

The second one :) ! i dont like sweet things in the morning i always crave salts but lately im on a smoothie craze! i really need to do a canidid dite funny you guys are doing it ive been meaning to do it for the past 6 weeks just with being migrane prone im to chicken! how do you fight head aches and withdrawls? i dont want to take a bunch of pain pills and herbal drops only do so much with a killer migraine

Pure2 March 14, 2011 at 11:25 am

Jewel we actually have not had much headaches or withdrawal symptoms. just still a little tired at times, but overall fine. since we already ate a pretty low sugar diet, I guess our bodies are doing okay. Best of luck to you!!

bitt of raw March 14, 2011 at 11:10 am

Wow, you made it to RFW! Awesome job! Contact Raw Vegan Source as well. It’s a local company out here. The owners are so nice.

Pure2 March 14, 2011 at 11:25 am

Bitt thank you! we will contact them for sure.

Lisa @ Thrive Style March 14, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Congrats on your products making it into stores!
I think the savory socca cereal would be delicious…and it’s fun to say too :)

Pure2 March 14, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Thanks Lisa! The savory socca was surprisingly good to us, we plan on trying it again :)

Kelly March 14, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Yay! I can’t wait to see your stuff at the Healthy Home Market. I’ll keep my eye out for them. :)

Pure2 March 14, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Thanks Kelly!

melissa @ the delicate place March 14, 2011 at 2:46 pm

i like the warmth added to the photo for breakfast. way to go with the bakery that’s amazing!

Pure2 March 14, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Thanks Melissa! It has been a lot of hard work ;)

(what runs) Lori March 14, 2011 at 4:48 pm

I was going to make cupcakes tonight! Now I HAVE to. I am craving… :)
I like the first photo better- I like the warmth of it. And they both look delicious!

CONGRATS on getting into stores and online retailers! You girls are incredible and amazing and I can’t wait to see Twin Cakes in my local store. ;)

Pure2 March 14, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Aww thanks Lori!! We hope that will happen one day too :)

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine March 14, 2011 at 4:56 pm

You had me at “cereal”! This looks awesome. Congrats on the bakery mentions, that’s such good news!!

Pure2 March 14, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Thanks Gabriela! xoxo

Ela March 14, 2011 at 6:16 pm

That’s awesome that your products are getting out there! Momentum builds slowly, but once you get going, you’ll be unstoppable!

Cool bfast idea–I’m sorry I’m clueless about photos, but yours always look so great.
I’m not sure about drinking coffee–is that a good idea during yeast cleanse? I know my adrenals go to hell if I drink coffee…

Kat @ Cupcake Kat March 14, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Very cool idea! I may try this next time I make some socca. I can only imagine how delicious it would taste with coconut milk!
I recent

Kat @ Cupcake Kat March 14, 2011 at 8:09 pm

I recently made some chocolate socca pancakes and they were really good

Katey @ Bonne Santé March 14, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Interesting idea with the socca cereal! I always crave sweet in the morning, but I know it’s just a habit and I’d probably benefit from changing things up :)
Adding a touch of warmth to my pics always makes them look more delicious, especially if the light wasn’t that great to begin with. All your snaps are looking fab!

Teri [a foodie stays fit] March 15, 2011 at 9:15 am

that is sooooo exciting about your bakery distribution!! congrats you two!! i think this calls for a celebratory round of drinks! let’s plan!

Pure2 March 15, 2011 at 9:38 am

Teri – yes!!!

hihorosie March 15, 2011 at 9:42 am

ha ha! Fun! Socca queens at it again with a wonderful idea! And I like the last pic too. Looks great.

And WOO HOO! CONGRATS on your success! I hope to start seeing your stuff here too. That would be awesome!

Pure2 March 15, 2011 at 4:43 am

Kat – oh yes love the chocolate socca!