Favorite bodyrock tv workouts

by Lori and Michelle on April 11, 2011

This afternoon we wanted to share more on what we do for workouts:

If you have been following our blog for awhile now you would have seen us quit the gym, do some Tracy Anderson method workouts, two marathons, and a few half marathons, get in a workout rut, go through Insanity and finally fall in love with Bodyrock tv!

Since showing an update on our fitness with our abs picture we received a few questions about what do we do exactly?

Lori doing pike press

Here are some post we just recently did in regards to workouts and bodyrock tv posts:

First off we are still no where we would like to be with our overall physique but definitely happy with our results so far. And second remember everyone has their own level of fitness and fitness goals!

We will try to show and share more of what we do for our workouts and eats. As you can see lately we have stopped showing majority of our meals and just a highlight from time to time. But everyone once in awhile we will share a full day…well try to (we forget sometimes to always take pictures)

We try to best document our fitness routines each day here on the blog and in our workout notebook. That way we can track our progress and see where we started. Under our workout page we share everything we do; we don’t do anything else but what is listed there. You will see that we do not workout everyday just on days when we can but when we do workout we try to make the most of it!

Michelle reviewing the workout

We push ourselves because we want results! We have always been active people. But that doesn’t mean we have it easy!

Frankly we find ourselves struggling at times to get to the level of fitness we want to be at and the look we want for ourselves. Again everyone has their own idea of what they want themselves to look like or what their fitness goals are. And for us we want a lean muscle toned body! We like to show a little muscle; we feel it is sexy ;)

Ever since we started doing the Insanity program it got us really liking high intensity training activities. When we stumbled upon Bodyrock tv it was like it was meant to be.  Doing Insanity and now Bodyrock tv we have seen improvements in our goal of building muscle. Like how I mentioned before, we have still some work to do but liking where things are going :) We feel we are just at the beginning and have to stay on top of our fitness routine to reach our goals.

Here are some of our all time favorite bodyrock tv workouts:

Smoking hot body

Sexy body on fire

Set Fire (16 minutes interval training)

Harder than ever workout (12 minutes workout)

**for the chin-ups we do bent over rows with sandbag

Lose yourself (16 minute interval training)

Here are some overall full body/cardio workouts we love:

Sexy pain train (12 minutes interval training)

Tear it up (time challenge plus interval training)

Sexy fit beast (time challenge)

And you know we love our burpees!

Burpee challenge ( 7 mintues)

Side burpee challenge (time challenge)

Burpees are forever (12 minutes)

Twins Question: What motivates you to workout? Do you like listening to music when working out? Do you like burpees? Have you done burpees? Do you feel muscle is sexy?

We hope these tips are helping you reach your fitness goals whatever they may be! And inspiring you to see that you can achieve great results even if you just workout a few ‘intense’ minutes a day. A little bit goes a long way in our book!

Lori

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) April 11, 2011 at 5:15 pm

My youngest son LOVES burpees. I like them, but I don’t love them. My motivation is completely from within though. I want to stay as healthy as I can for as long as I can. I think muscle is definitely sexy, but I like it to be subtle…if that makes sense.

Pure2 April 11, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Yes Sarena that makes sense and that is awesome about your son loving burpees :)

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 11, 2011 at 5:25 pm

I really really need to try BodyRock, it sounds absolutely awesome!! The way I feel post workout always motivates me to get to the gym. I may not always feel like exercising, but the second my heart rate is up I’m happy to be there!

Pure2 April 11, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Gabriela we totally agree about the feeling after we workout is the best part :)

Kristina @ life as Kristina April 11, 2011 at 5:56 pm

love these tips, it’s nice to hear some first hand reviews!

Pure2 April 11, 2011 at 6:46 pm

thanks Kristina

Katie April 11, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Music is non-negotiable, and OF COURSE I think muscle is sexy! The sexiest, in fact.

Oh, you mean on us girls? Hehehe. Yeah, that too.

Eimear Rose April 12, 2011 at 12:11 am

Yeh, bodyrock is a ‘meant to be’ perfect fit for me too. I adore HIIT bodyweight workouts now, and I’ve pretty much quit running (at least I’ve stopped pounding out miles a week at moderate intensity, it was giving me no results). I agree with you girls about muscle, that’s why I love bodyrock. It’s a high quality workout, not a huge time investment for really great results- I want my hard workouts to pay off in terms of my physique, but the great thing about bodyrock is that it also makes you really strong too!

Pure2 April 12, 2011 at 4:48 am

Eimear so glad to hear that you it was a perfect fit for you too! And yes it does make you feel strong :) Love it!

kaila@ healthy helper! April 12, 2011 at 3:03 am

I have always wanted to try the BR workouts but I don’t have the equipment. So this post and the one about making your own sand bag was really helpful! I can finally try one of these out!

Pure2 April 12, 2011 at 4:49 am

Your welcome Kaila I am glad our tips are helping out :) I think you will enjoy BR workout!

Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) April 12, 2011 at 4:29 am

I’ve never heard of Bodyrock– is that so bad?? It looks way way good though and effective!! those endorphins and the way i feel after a workout is the BEST motivation! burpees? ack! i hate them!

Pure2 April 12, 2011 at 4:50 am

Carrie haha no that is not bad :) Yes I have love hate relationship with burpees but I am starting to love them ;)

fartygirl April 12, 2011 at 5:38 am

Music is the great motivator! I completely agree. Thank you for sharing your workouts; I’ve been wanting to get on the train that you ladies are on asap! :-) You look great.

Pure2 April 12, 2011 at 5:56 am

Thanks fartygirl!

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) April 12, 2011 at 5:44 am

I can’t wait to try out more challenging and mixed up workouts after baby comes! I get jealous of all these high intensity fitness options :)

Pure2 April 12, 2011 at 5:57 am

Brittany – you will have plenty of time for workouts :) Enjoy your time as mom to be!! xoxo

(what runs) Lori April 12, 2011 at 10:48 am

Looooooooooooooove the workouts!!! I’m serious when I say that any of them are great- and so short! I LOVE it! ;)

AJ April 13, 2011 at 9:07 am

Is BodyRock essentially the ONLY strength training that you do? You’ve definitely been able to use those workouts to achieve great definition and a good amount of muscle mass (but not too much). Of course, clean diet is the key to SHOWING the muscle! Great work!

Pure2 April 13, 2011 at 10:26 am

Thanks AJ! Yes bodyrock tv is the only strength training we do! And yes a good clean diet helps with showing muscle as well!

melissa @ the delicate place April 13, 2011 at 6:34 pm

i totally think muscle is sexy! you girls are inspiring me to show my abs. a very personal/painful post is coming up in the next few days but it was strangely cathartic to write. i just need to wait for the right time to post it. p.s. i love burpees! i’ve been doing bodyrock workouts since last summer and i admit to taking a lot of time off from them because i wasn’t strong enough to do them! however, they are coming back and so are my abs!

Pure2 April 14, 2011 at 6:57 am

thanks Melissa! and glad to hear that you are starting to do the workouts again, strength comes over time… it took us awhile to really do some of exercises in bodyrock well :)

hihorosie April 15, 2011 at 9:12 am

I should try this – beginner version though. I feel like I get a workout just watching them though. hee hee!

AtalantaRunning May 7, 2011 at 1:49 am

Wow, most of your favorite BR workouts are my favorites too! I love, love, love bodyrock! I have more definition in my lower abs and obliques which was hard for me to achieve before since I don’t go gyms. I definitely think muscle is sexy, just the right toned body with muscle definition, mmm-mmm! I love burpees, and now I’m trying to incorporate a few one legged squats after work out for my legs. I am envious of your toned thighs! Found your site while reading the comments in Bodyrock, great site by the way :-) greetings from the Philippines

Pure2 May 7, 2011 at 6:15 am

Well thank you!!! YAY for bodyrock