Stormy

by Lori and Michelle on April 5, 2011

What a storm we had here last night!

I woke up to no power :(

Check out downtown Charlotte on my drive this morning.

Good thing I have a great sister that allowed me to come over for breakfast ;)

Nothing beats a beautiful, bright breakfast that brings a smile to my face on this stormy morning.

We tried another smoothie with pumpkin.

This time we blended some brazil nut milk, pumpkin puree, fresh basil, cinnamon, ginger, Ormus green powder, and vega protein powder.

Well cannot let the weather hold me back from getting work done today. Hopefully I will have power soon!

Twins Question: Do you like storms? Rain? What is your favorite thing to do on a stormy day?

I love thunderstorms. One thing I miss was watching a storm come in on the beach. I know that might sound weird, but I like it.

Michelle

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free April 5, 2011 at 6:29 am

It is raining right now where I live! And I love it! I just baked some mint brownies :)

Pure2 April 5, 2011 at 6:56 am

Alex – we will take some of those brownies :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) April 5, 2011 at 6:37 am

We had horrible storms here last night. I don’t mind them when I’m awake, but when I’m trying to sleep and it sounds like a tornado is coming, it freaks me out! I hope you have a great day despite the craziness of the morning.

Pure2 April 5, 2011 at 6:57 am

Sarena – I know the storm kept me up, but Lori slept right through it. Our morning routine has been a little off, hope to get back on track today.

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table April 5, 2011 at 6:56 am

I flew right through the storm yesterday!

How did you like the smoothie? Brazil nut milk sounds fantastic and I LOVE adding herbs to my smoothies. Have you tried lavender and sweet potato? Good stuff.

Pure2 April 5, 2011 at 7:57 am

Laura – smoothie was good, just did not fill us up :) Love lavender, will have to try it with sweet potato! Thanks girl.

Megan @ Healthy Hoggin April 5, 2011 at 7:25 am

I love thunder storms!!! (well, when I don’t have to go anywhere and can enjoy them from the safety of my home…) ;)

That’s one thing I really miss now that we’re in Los Angeles. It rains here in the “winter,” but we never get thunder! In the midwest, we got some crazy thunder storms, and there’s something really comforting about them. Makes me want to sip hot chocolate and watch movies!!

Pure2 April 5, 2011 at 7:58 am

Megan – agreed! Something comforting indeed. Wish we could watch movies and drink hot cocoa with you! one day.

Kelly April 5, 2011 at 7:35 am

The weather was crazy last night! Btw – I usually avoid Stonewall at all costs. Have you ever noticed that you get stopped at every red light when driving up Stonewall? I know I do!

Pure2 April 5, 2011 at 7:58 am

Kelly – haha yes!!! so annoying

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine April 5, 2011 at 8:19 am

It’s raining here too!! April showers I guess? I can’t wait till summer when it’s warm and sunny every day!

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete April 5, 2011 at 8:21 am

I used to LOVE storms! Now, I get migraines because of the low pressure systems that move in. Not a fan anymore! I do love the way the desert smells after a rain though.

hihorosie April 5, 2011 at 9:12 am

Bummer on no power! I like storms (mostly) when I’m safely tucked inside, preferably at home and power on. :) Or when I can have a fire going…I used to sit outside with my dad and watch the thunderstorms in the distance. Don’t get to do that too often now in Seattle. But it must be spring with all the crazy weather!

francesca @ oral hcg April 5, 2011 at 9:15 am

When it’s raining, I’d rather stay in the bed and sleep the whole day or think about food and try to make it real afterwards. ;) That Brazil nut milk looks and sounds yummy. :)

(what runs) Lori April 5, 2011 at 9:20 am

I love what you put into that smoothie. Sounds like mine. TONS of cinnamon and any time there’s fresh basil around you know it’s in my smoothie. :)

Pretty picture of the stormy area. I love storms when I’m safe at home (WITH power).

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing April 5, 2011 at 9:52 am

I love storms…so long as I am inside, with a cup of tea, a good book, and a blanket : )

Lisa @ Thrive Style April 5, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I love thunderstorms on the beach…but here in NY, they aren’t so glamourous! Sometimes they are good in the summer—at night.

Other than that, rain is not great here—usually cold and gray and windy!

I haven’t bought the Ormus greens yet but it’s on my list.

Michelle April 5, 2011 at 12:57 pm

The storms we had here yesterday at lunch must have moved your way. I live in Jackson, TN. We had tornado warnings most of the day yesterday….it was terrible. I do NOT like storms. :o )
Your smoothie sounds great!

bitt of raw April 5, 2011 at 1:00 pm

It always storms here.

Hey I saw your scones on the bake sale but I can’t afford the $200 for them. Any chance you will start selling them in your shop?

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather April 5, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I love storms, but only is I’m inside at home cuddling on the couch!

tina April 5, 2011 at 11:37 pm

I love rain and thunder storms. I have wonderful memories of watching them and eating yummy goodies that my grandma made for tea.
That smoothie sounds yummy! I just got into the green smoothies and they are soo delicious. I made one the other day with half a mango, a small banana, tangerine juice, chard, and spinach. It was so creamy and fulfilling. The banana was a Thai banana. I don’t know if that made any difference. Well, love your blog and you girls look wonderful :)