with keeping up with making donuts lately
We present you this wonderful Friday with yet another yummy and easy gluten free vegan baked cake donut! Since we have donuts on our mind all the time lately.
Coconut Lime Baked Cake Donut (gluten-free, vegan, soy-free)
How to make these cute little guys….
- We followed our avocado savory donut recipe but instead of avocado puree we used applesauce (didn’t have any avocados on hand to use).
- Omitted the cayenne.
- Added in a zest of 1-2 limes (depending on lime flavored you want, we used two small limes).
- And did 2 tbsp flax meal instead of one.
- For the glaze on top we just used a little powdered sugar and some water and a little lime juice. And drizzled over the finished baked donut.
- And topped off the lime donuts with some coconut flakes.
There you have it friends a scrumptious easy baked cake donut that is low in sugar too.
These coconut lime donuts were a big hit on Saturday morning. This would be great to make for this Mother’s Day 😉 … although have to be lime and coconut fans. If not you can substitute for any flavor you like… lemon, orange. Really you could do any flavor.
For some reason donuts have been something we have been having fun with making and enjoying!
Now that I have you thinking donuts this Friday you better go get yourself a donut pan and make these! But do not worry if you do not have a donut pan; you could try in a mini bundt cake pan or even muffin pan. These donuts are not like your typical sugary and white flour filled cake donuts by having the xylitol in there for the sugar really provides an unique taste and texture to these cake donuts. Very light kind of texture, although we think the apple cider vinegar helps too with ‘lifting’ these donuts. We were both very pleased with how they turned out
Time to go get things done today have a busy Friday along with a busy weekend.
Twins Question: Do you like hardwood flours or carpet in your bedrooms? (I will fill you in why I am asking this soon)
Do you like white or a more neutral color for your house walls? What would you say is your favorite thing about your house or apartment/condo?
Till next time,