Lemon Almond Pancake (gluten free, vegan)

by michelle on May 16, 2011

Good morning friends,

Happy Monday to you all.

I just know this week is going to be a good one….one reason is because mine started with having pancakes for breakfast yesterday. Pancakes were seriously one of my all time favorite foods growing up, and still are.

gluten free vegan almond pancakes

gluten free almond pancakesLori and I love lemon.

Lori and I love almonds.

And even better together.

vegan lemon almond pancakes

pancakes made with almond flour

I think Heather would approve this pancakes for Pancake Sunday!

pancakes made with no eggs or dairyLove the lemon almond combo.

Twins Question: What food flavor combos are you enjoying lately? Do you like lemon flavored foods?

I personal love lemon flavored cookies, and now pancakes.

Michelle

Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) May 16, 2011 at 6:34 am

I keep seeing pancakes all over the blog world today and it’s making me crave some like WOAH. These look delish! too bad I lack over half the ingredients- haha :)

Pure2 May 16, 2011 at 7:05 am

I guess we all think, or should I say crave, alike :)

lynn @ the actor's diet May 16, 2011 at 8:43 am

they’re so fluffy! i love my panckaes like that

Pure2 May 16, 2011 at 9:00 am

me too Lynn

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing May 16, 2011 at 9:08 am

You two know the way to my heart, and stomach. I love lemon, but I don’t often crave that flavor, except in the summer when it’s all I want. Good timing ;) Have a great Monday dears!

Pure2 May 16, 2011 at 9:34 am

xoxo Katie!

Desi@ThePalatePeacemaker May 16, 2011 at 10:05 am

I LOVE PANCAKES! And I love how fluffy these are too! Fluffy are the best. I might sprinkle some poppyseeds in too… Yummm

Pure2 May 16, 2011 at 10:24 am

Desi yes poppyseeds would have been a nice addition!!! :)

Gillian Young May 16, 2011 at 10:55 am

These look like perfection- and those are my favourite flavours too! I always used to make crepes with lemon and sugar, YUM!!

Pure2 May 16, 2011 at 11:35 am

Gillian your crepes sound wonderful.

Lana May 16, 2011 at 11:28 am

Oh woww, these look so good (: actuall, I think I might make them now!
Hello, by the way! Don’t think I’ve commented before, but have been following for a while and love what you’re doing xx

Pure2 May 16, 2011 at 11:36 am

Thanks for stopping in and saying hello Lana!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) May 16, 2011 at 11:47 am

I like savory and lemon, but I can’t do sweet. I made the mistake of prepping for my colonoscopy with lemonade…not a good call. These look amazing! You two know how I love pancakes and waffles!

(what runs) Lori May 16, 2011 at 12:49 pm

oh my gosh- I imagine these being so completely irresistible! They look wonderful and I am the OTHER Lori who loves lemon and almond and the two together. ;)

Delicious. And beautiful.

My favorite combo at the moment is cacao and instant (decaf) coffee granules… mixed into everything!

Pure2 May 16, 2011 at 12:58 pm

thanks Lori! we will have to send you some next time haha

Allie May 16, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Yum yum yum, I love lemon in anything! I’m one of those weird kids that’ll chomp down on a plain lemon even. These pancakes look GREAT! Other flavors I’m currently in love with are garam masala on greens and fennel in most any meat substitute or with cabbage.

Pure2 May 16, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Thanks Allie! Garam masala is a spice we still need to play around with!

Julia May 16, 2011 at 2:05 pm

These look amazing! I kind of always have a craving for pancakes. Too bad I just made (gf vegan)chocolate coconut banana bread AND edamame corn bread. Ahhhh so much baking. Although it’s all good fun.

Ela May 16, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I love lemon everything! Lemon maple syrup sounds genius.

Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

Pure2 May 16, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Thanks Ela it was a last minute idea we had! LOL

Christine (The Raw Project) May 16, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Agreed on pancakes, they rank pretty high for me too. :-) This recipe look wonderful and I can’t wait to try it, thanks!

I do like lemon, but I’m enjoying fresh mint mixed with fruits lately.

Pure2 May 16, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Thanks Christine! Fresh mint is amazing as well :)

melissa @ the delicate place May 16, 2011 at 4:16 pm

i would love this flavor combo! i’ve never used millet flour…is the texture dense like nut flours or thinner like a traditional flour with gluten. obviously i can’t have the ones with gluten but does it give a fluffier result? i always seem to get flatter cakes using coconut flour.

Pure2 May 16, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Melissa – millet is one of our favorite gluten free flours, it gives great texture. Coconut flour can be dense sometimes, so millet is lighter.

Jessica LeBoeuf May 16, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Lately I have been putting garlic in all of my lunch and dinner meals and also omelets. I do like lemon and I actually put that in my tuna salads that give it a nice tangy taste. My favorite food flavor combination would be vegetables in my pancakes or breakfast foods. (additionally I like to put sweet peas in my oatmeal – it’s actually really good!) My favorite pancake I made up is “carrot cake” pancakes. I use oatmeal flour, flax meal, cinnamon, eggs, almond milk and cooked carrots. For me sugar isn’t needed because the carrots and almond milk are naturally sweet and those who want it sweeter can just put maple syrup on top. I blend this all together and put them in the waffle maker or skillet. Feel free to make these pancakes and let me know how you like them!

Pure2 May 16, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Jessica oh yes those pancakes sound great!

kate May 16, 2011 at 6:39 pm

OMG im drooling pancakes are my favorite thing ever come make these for me!

Ragnhild May 17, 2011 at 12:53 am

Oh, I have been waiting for this resipe! The the photos looks soo good! I love to zest lemons on top of my grain salads- really makes them a whole lot better!

Emma (Namaste Everyday) May 17, 2011 at 1:06 am

yum I love pancake variations and this is certainly a combo I have never thought of before! Can’t wait to try them :)

tweal May 17, 2011 at 4:08 am

Holy moly those look amazing! I love pancakes too, always have. Pancakes are one of the first foods I learned to make myself, although I still haven’t perfected the fluffy light pancakes. I’ve tried lots of different flavours but never lemon – I believe it’s now time to try that! Thanks for the recipe.

Kate May 17, 2011 at 8:25 am

I just can’t get enough lemon flavor – but in pancakes? Love this idea! I just made Raw Berry Tartlets that are heavy on the citrus and zest. Sweet + Tart = The Perfect Treat!

Beth May 17, 2011 at 6:05 pm

These look soooo delicious! I love lemon in pancakes — it’s one of my favorite combos. Beautiful photos.

hihorosie May 22, 2011 at 10:07 pm

oh my. Another recipe I’m bookmarking to make soon. Mmm! Thanks for sharing (again) – love that you share. ;)

Eva January 4, 2012 at 11:13 am

I love reading your blog….I’m from Slovenia, Europe and I really don’t know what arrowroot starch is….I think they don’t sell it here….so is there any substitute for it? Thank you! =)

Lori and Michelle January 4, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Eva thanks! Now for arrowroot starch, we use it in our gluten free and vegan baked goods so help make the texture lighter as most gluten free flours can make this real dense. there are two other great starches out there like tapioca starch and potato starch. I hope this helps.

Allie May 17, 2011 at 11:07 am

I definitely recommend it! An easy introduction is just simple sauteed kale (or other greens) plus some fresh ginger and a health dash of garam masala.