{Easy} Creamy Sauce We Love

by Lori and Michelle on June 10, 2011

Hello friends,

A few nights ago Michelle and I enjoyed a super easy and tasty dinner! We had a head of cauliflower on hand and decided to make a sauce using cauliflower.

You know we love our simple creamy dairy-free cheezy sauces! If you need more inspiration or ideas for sauces check out our other favorites like our easy hemp seed sauce, cheezy pepper sauce, carrot cheez sauce, and beet cheez sauce.

This easy cauliflower hemp seed sauce turned out great. We were really pleased with the texture and simple flavors with a little kick from the cayenne. We kept this cauliflower hemp seed sauce on the thick side which makes a perfect creamy sauce for kelp noodles!

To make our dinner complete we took our newest sauce and poured it over a bowl of kelp noodles, spiralized zucchini, spinach and arugula. Perfection!

We have noticed that our bodies digest cauliflower better when we slightly cook or steam them, plus take a digestion enzyme before eating.

I really enjoy having these kinds of dairy-free sauces that taste just as creamy and smooth as regular sauces. Michelle and I both were satisfied after eating this yummy dinner. I guess we just love kelp noodles too.

Now you do not have to use this sauce just over kelp noodles or zucchini pasta. It would be a great on any pasta or even used as a dip. And it is easy to change up the flavors like adding in cilantro, parsley or cumin. Even adding in nutritional yeast or tahini for more flavor would be a nice touch!

Perfect simple dinner that is full of nutrition and veggies for a hot summer day to keep you going!

We still plan on sharing our thoughts on our hormonal issues from everyone’s emails and comments, plus a fun breakfast idea coming soon!

Twins Question: Are you a cauliflower lover? What is your favorite way to enjoy cauliflower?

Quick what do you like better

• nutritional yeast or tahini?
  • cauliflower or broccoli?
  • Sunday or Friday?
  • Breakfast or dinner?

Till next time friends!

Lori

allison June 10, 2011 at 6:53 am

I have been seeing so many genius recipes for cauliflower lately! I agree that my tummy likes it better when the cauliflower isn’t raw. Plus, when anything is roasted it just tastes so much better;);)

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg June 10, 2011 at 7:05 am

Ooooh, this looks so delicious and thick!! Yum!

Jackie @ Baking Charms June 10, 2011 at 7:33 am

I love cauliflower as rice!

Pure2 June 10, 2011 at 7:35 am

Jackie that is another favorite of ours as well!!

Melissa @ Vegan CacaoBee June 10, 2011 at 7:58 am

I like cauliflower best steamed, although I like broccoli a little more (as long as it’s cooked too). And in terms of what I like better, I’d have to say tahini, Friday and dinner. Hope you girls have a wonderful day! :)

Pure2 June 10, 2011 at 8:20 am

Melissa, we love tahini and Friday!

Teresa June 10, 2011 at 8:17 am

I love mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes. It has the same consistency and tastes so good!!

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free June 10, 2011 at 8:51 am

nutritional yeast
cauliflower
friday
Brekafast!!!

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! June 10, 2011 at 9:50 am

Cauliflower is fantastic, I even eat it raw w/ hummus. The best recipe i’ve tried, though, is a grilled cauliflower ‘steak’. It doesn’t use the entire head, so you use the leftover bits to make a sauce! I don’t have the recipe on hand, but it makes a great summer dinner.

okay. I’m gonna say… tahini, broccoli, friday, but i go through phases of liking breakfast and dinner. It often depends on the weather!
R.

Alisa June 10, 2011 at 10:36 am

That looks really good. I love cauliflower and I’d love to try this soon. I like tahini (mmmm hummus!), cauliflower, Friday(not the Rebecca Black song) and dinner.

Pure2 June 10, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Alisa yes tahini is great!

Crysta June 10, 2011 at 11:38 am

I also have to take enzymes before anything I eat…I am currently using Rainbow Advanced enzymes. Do you guys have a favorite brand? Where can you find kelp noodles, I have never tried them. Looks delicious!

Pure2 June 10, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Crysta digestive enzymes have been so helpful to us lately!

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes June 10, 2011 at 12:01 pm

This looks delicious! And actually something I can eat right now on my crazy diet! I just need to tweek it a little. Thanks girls! You are saving my meal boredom!

Pure2 June 10, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Your very welcome Holley!! :)

Eimear Rose June 10, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Hi girls, I haven’t commented in so long! I’m still reading all your posts:)
I love cauliflower, it was the first food I ate after I was really sick last year, just plain steamed, mmm.
Your quick fire questions:
Tahini although I rarely eat either
Cauliflower
Sunday- I’m too pooped on friday to make much use of it!
Dinner, because I can eat it as slow as a like:)
Hope you girls have a great weekend!

Pure2 June 10, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Eimear good to hear from you again! xoxo

Katie June 10, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I’ve made so many dairy free recipes with cauliflower, and I was thinking this one would be great with nooch before I read that part. YUM.

Brinner! ;)

fartygirl June 10, 2011 at 3:11 pm

You ladies totally rule with thinking of new creative ways to use veggies. I can’t do nut cheese at all anymore… but zukes and caulis are great! I used arties for a hummus like you did too before, and they work as a perfect base! Thanks!!!

Pure2 June 10, 2011 at 6:50 pm

aww thanks Fartygirl!!! xoxo

Robin June 10, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Nutritional yeast, cauliflower (lately, but it changes), Friday, breakfast!

Pure2 June 10, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Robin yay for breakfast ;)

melissa @ the delicate place June 10, 2011 at 4:03 pm

i keep seeing these kelp noodles on your blog haha. what is the texture like chewy or smooth?
1. tahini
2.uncooked: broc, but if it’s cook i like pureed cauliflower
3. friday!
4. dinner, but on sunday it’s brunch!

Pure2 June 10, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Melissa, oh yes we love our kelp noodles. The texture is a little chewy but no flavor so you really need a good sauce to go with them. The longer the kelp noodles are in the sauce the softer they can get!

carrie June 10, 2011 at 6:50 pm

I might have to make this as soon as i get home! yum. love cauliflower raw, roasted, steamed…but do love broccoli just a lil bit more. the other votes: tahini, fridays and brunch! have a happy weekend! (got my twin cakes treats today – the cookies and choco biscotti are so good! yes i gobbled some immediately!)

Pure2 June 11, 2011 at 4:10 am

Carrie so happy to hear that everything arrived and your are enjoying them! :) xoxo

Ela June 10, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Oooh, tough questions! Great idea on cauli sauce: usually I like cauliflower with sauce on it but this is a great new turn.
1 nooch
2 cauli (tho’ I know broc is more nutrient dense)
3 like ‘em both
4 depends on the day!

Gina June 11, 2011 at 9:45 am

This sauce looks heavenly!! And kelp noodles? Never had, what do they taste like?

Little Bookworm June 12, 2011 at 3:31 am

This sauce sounds really interesting! As for the questions: 1 – never had nutritional yeast, so tahini? 2. broccoli! 3. Friday 4. Can’t choose!

Teri [a foodie stays fit] June 12, 2011 at 10:13 am

you two are so creative with your recipes!

veganlisa June 12, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Tahini, Broccoli, Sunday, Breakfast!

I’ve never had broccoli with tahini for breakfast on a Sunday but I might just have to give it a go.

Jammed Thoughts June 14, 2011 at 1:02 am

This looks really good. I need to pick up some zucchini :D
And that’s a hard one. Tahini, i guess, but only because I can eat it straight up ;p
And broccoli. Especially steamed and sauced. droooool.
Friday! Except now that it’s summer, it doesn’t really matter.
And definitely undeniably most certainly breakfast. It’s what I look forward to the most.

bend drywall June 15, 2012 at 6:04 pm

This such a great idea! Lately I have been trying to stay away from dairy so this is a recipe I am definitely going to try soon!!!!

han lee June 15, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I have been trying to take digestive enzymes but the ones I purchased have not been working as well as I had hoped…do you have a brand you recommend that works good for you?