Today we have a recipe that needs very little words to describe how insanely delicious it was! We will just leave you with some food porn to enjoy this Friday!
This was a recipe we have been dreaming of making for a long time and finally got around to doing it for our parents. We love chocolate chip cookies and got a marshmallow extract (we have been dying to play around with) so we thought trying something new and fun! why not, right?
Pure2Raw: Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Pancakes with Marshmallow Creme
Ingredients for cookie pancakes:
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1/4 cup amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- chocolate chips (as many as you would like) (we used Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
To make cookie pancakes:
*we tried to make our typical pancakes have a more cookie taste and feel to them so we played around with the leavening to help create a more cookie like pancake.
Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Next add in liquids and stir till combine. Toss in chocolate chips and stir.
Scoop cookie pancake batter onto a hot oiled skillet and cook for a few minutes on each side. Remove from heat and layer up with marshmallow creme filling. Drizzle with agave or maple syrup for final touches!
What we did for marshmallow creme:
We followed our creamy filling from our brownie sandwiches – we did maple syrup instead of agave and 3 tbsp oil instead of 4 tbsp. Added about 1/2 tsp marshmallow extract.
- again with the flour you can use any gluten free flours of your liking or non-gluten free flours
- instead of stevia you can use 1-2 tbsp of a liquid sweetener, just note you might need less ‘liquid’ elsewhere (so maybe reduce oil or applesauce)
- instead of applesauce you can use any puree of your liking
- for other pancake recipes check out some of our other favorites: tiramisu, almond butter jelly, tahini maple or almond lemon
Also today is last day for free shipping for orders over $50 from our bakery – Twin Cakes Bakery…get your dad some pancake mix to make these wonderful marshmallow cream filled chocolate chip pancakes!
Till next time,