Easy Fresh Peach Ice Cream

by Lori and Michelle on July 7, 2011

Nothing beats cooling off with ice cream, right? And for us, it is even better when ice cream is dairy free.

We noticed some local peaches popping up at the farmers market, and we love fresh peaches.

We chopped up our fresh peaches, froze them overnight as we were not sure what we wanted to do with them.

Then after making our ulitmate mac-and-mint cookie sandwich, we had leftover macadamia nut butter filling, so we thought we would try blending that with the peaches and see what happens.

And after a few blends of the blender we had ourselves our dairy free homemade peach ice cream.

There you have it folks, quick and easy homemade dairy free peach ice cream!

Twins Question: Do you like ice cream? Or do you prefer soft serve yogurt? sorbet? What is your favorite flavor ice cream? Do you like making your own homemade ice cream?

[donotprint]
We are just about done unpacking and getting back into our groove :) And today we are thinking about doing a bodyrock workout, a little nervous actually since it has been awhile since we did one.

And look what was in the mail when we arrived home yesterday

We won Alisa’s cookbook giveaway. We are really excited to read and browse the recipes, and hopefully learn something new. Thanks Alisa!

[/donotprint]

P2R twins

Lindsay @ Cook.Vegan.Lover. July 7, 2011 at 6:55 am

So hungry right now and that surely didn’t help! looks amazing

Katie July 7, 2011 at 7:14 am

I love peaches and can’t wait for them to be back in season!!

Casey Lorraine July 7, 2011 at 7:22 am

Oh wow, this looks so pretty and creamy dreamy!
I loved peach gelato when I was backpacking in Italy. So freaking good!
I have made similar with frozen peaches, avocado and vanilla stevia. Off.the.charts.
Thanks for sharing! Which is a good bodywork workout to get started with?

Pure2 July 7, 2011 at 8:13 am

Casey, peach gelato sounds amazing and even better in Italy :)

We did a few posts on our favorites from bodyrock here http://www.pure2raw.com/2011/04/favorite-body-rock-tv-workouts/ and another one here http://www.pure2raw.com/2011/04/good-beginner-workouts-when-starting-bodyrocktv-at-home-workouts/

I hope this help. Really all her workouts our good :) Enjoy!!

JessicaL July 7, 2011 at 7:40 am

I love a lot of different foods, but one dessert I love is definitely ice cream. I work at Tasti D lite, which is a healthier frozen dessert shop and we can custom blend over 100 flavors. My favorite flavor there is toasted almond fudge because It tastes like marzipan. Marzipan was a childhood treat that is so nostalgic and delicious! I like soft serve alone and hard ice cream for sundaes and with pies etc. Anyway, I will also be doing the teenage dream workout soon after I get out of work. Yay!!

Cat @Breakfast to Bed July 7, 2011 at 8:07 am

Peach is my favorite favorite favorite ice cream. I positively can’t wait to try this!!

Betty July 7, 2011 at 9:11 am

Looks delicious. :)

Sending this link. I thought you girls might find it interesting info on acne.

After reading you might already have some insight into this as you have just spent much time in the sun! Curious what you think about it, and the fructose malabsorption theory discussed.

Pure2 July 7, 2011 at 10:39 am

Thanks Betty, we will check the article out and get back to you.

Heidi @ Food Doodles July 7, 2011 at 9:36 am

That looks awesome. I love the macadamia nut butter – that must taste so good! I cannot wait for peaches! I’ve been seeing recipes for peaches everywhere but our peaches wont be ready for a few more weeks. Ahhh I can’t wait!

Pure2 July 7, 2011 at 10:40 am

Heidi, yay for peach season :)

Ela July 7, 2011 at 10:45 am

I’ve made peach pecan ice cream before. Actually, I broke a blender with it, years ago. But it was sooo good…I bet it’s awesome with bac nuts too.

I love ice cream but I really can’t do dairy. The coconut-based ice creams are really good, though. But home made is always best in my book (although some people whose blogs I read, I want to come to _their_ home for home made lol)! And I love banana soft-serve, of course.

Hope you’re settling back to home life happily.

Pure2 July 7, 2011 at 11:44 am

Ela good point about visiting other bloggers for their homemade ice cream ;)

Nicole July 7, 2011 at 11:58 am

What a fantastic way to use up leftovers! Fresh/frozen peaches are so refreshing in the summer.

Pure2 July 7, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Thanks Nicole! And peaches are the best!

Laury @thefitnessdish July 7, 2011 at 1:04 pm

this looks aaaammmaaaazing!!! I love peaches and want to try this as soon as I get over the farm to get some! I love when I originally go to make something and get double use for it!

Erin @ Pieholes & Plyos July 7, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Are you storing this in the freezer? If so, does it stay creamy or get (body)rock hard when left there? Ice cream is basically my favorite food, and I love making it, but my Greek yogurt and coconut milk versions always turn icy after a night with the freezer.

Pure2 July 7, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Erin, it does get a little rock when stored in freezer. But what I did was just let it sit out to room temperature a little. Or you can store in fridge to keep it more on the soft side. I hope this helps.

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free July 7, 2011 at 1:15 pm

ohmygosh this is wonderful! All I need to do is get some macadamia nuts….but they are so darn expensive! Do you think it would work with a different nutbutter?

And did you know it is National Peach Ice Cream Day on the 17th?? Perfect!

Pure2 July 7, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Alex did not know that, so yes this is perfect. And it should work with cashew or almonds to replace the mac nuts. We were just trying new nuts to see how they turned out because we feel we always use cashews and almonds haha

Christine (The Raw Project) July 7, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Oh yum, this looks amazing. Think I’ll try it for dinner sometime. :-) Thanks.

Lisa July 7, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Wow—the ice cream looks amazing! It really looks like regular dairy ice cream..but I know the nut version would be so much better in so many ways! Thanks for sharing :)

Katie July 8, 2011 at 4:30 am

I love all kinds of ice cream! I do not discriminate : )

I love when a recipe has easy in front of it ! This looks amazing, never actually had a peach ice cream before either, maybe one day : )

Happy Weekend! xoxo <3

Marsha July 8, 2011 at 6:50 am

I love hard ice cream. My absolute favorite is Baskin Robbins Jamocha Almond Fudge. I’ve made peach ice cream with soaked cashews and frozen bananas, but no matter how hard I’ve tried (using frozen, fresh and OSage canned, there’s not enough peach flavor for me. I bought some Medicine Flower peach extract to try.

Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters July 9, 2011 at 4:12 pm

WOW. Nicole just decided to go vegan – I’ll have to show her this recipe. She used to be my go-to fro yo buddy but now it’s no more fro yo for her! :( She’ll love this.

Pure2 July 10, 2011 at 5:37 am

Congrats to you sister Lauren for going vegan.

Mandi July 9, 2011 at 6:18 pm

This is the first time I have come upon your site, I love it! I happened to have both macadamia nuts and peaches in my freezer so I made this recipe immediately. Its awesome! I added maple syrup as the sweetener and a few teaspoons of cinnamon. It tasted almost like a peach pie. It would be great to put between two shortbread cookies, like a peach pie ice cream sandwich!

Pure2 July 10, 2011 at 5:35 am

Mandi – awesome!! so glad to hear you liked it the ice cream. And love ice cream sandwiches!

janetha @ meals & moves July 11, 2011 at 10:30 am

This is the creation I had my eye on the other day when you posted it! Thanks for the recipe.. peaches are my #1 favorite fruit!

Lori July 27, 2011 at 5:21 pm

This totally looks beyond awesome. So easy!! Love it. Annnnndddd… I have everything in my kitchen! :)

Gilbert July 24, 2012 at 11:23 am

I’m making this right now. One little trick is to put 2 to 4 tablespoons of vodka to keep it from getting rock hard in the freezer. This worked when making ice cream with real cream. I’m not vegan but I eat that way a lot because it is so nutritious.

Casey Lorraine July 8, 2011 at 3:05 am