No Bake Pecan Cookies with Peach Ice Cream

by michelle on July 8, 2011

I guess Lori and I cannot get enough ice cream sandwiches.

We wanted a cookie that was soft, simple, and no dehydrating or cooking required. We had pecans on hand, so we thought lets make cookies! One thing about using pecans is that they do provide a buttery taste and texture, and these no bake pecan soft cookies sure had that.

These were a nice summer time dessert for us. Something different for sure, as we normally gravitate to something with chocolate like our raw mallomars or brownie cookie sandwich.

Substitutions for both the pecan cookies and peach ice cream:

For the peach ice cream if you do not have macadamia nut butter, you could use almond or cashew butter to make the ice cream.

As I mentioned, these cookies are for pecan lovers, so use your favorite nut flour.

Another favorite recipe of ours using pecans is our no bake chocolate pecan biscotti!

Twins Question: Do you like pecans? What is your favorite nut? Do you prefer raw or roasted nuts? What is your favorite way to enjoy nuts?

Michelle

A Tablespoon of Liz July 8, 2011 at 7:06 am

These look so good and chewy. Now I’m craving ice cream sandwiches!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) July 8, 2011 at 7:47 am

These look and sound amazing! I love peach ice cream! I do love pecans. I grew up picking pecans up for my grandparents from the tree in their yard. I have such fond memories of everything we used to eat with pecans in it. I love roasting them…so good!

Pure2 July 8, 2011 at 11:16 am

Thanks Sarena! That is awesome about being able to pick your own pecans!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga July 8, 2011 at 8:42 am

These look amazing! It makes me want to sink my teeth into them! :)

Nicole July 8, 2011 at 9:41 am

Wow, these sound delicious and a great flavour combo!

Heidi @ Food Doodles July 8, 2011 at 10:48 am

Yum! I’ve been seeing ice cream sandwiches everywhere lately! I need to jump on that bandwagon right away! And I love pecans. The buttery flavor is amazing. I never had them much growing up but now I can’t get enough. And I love nuts both ways, either way they’re yummy :D
I love that you made these in a mini cheesecake pan. I need to get one of those, whenever I make things similar to this in a muffin pan prying them out is impossible.

Pure2 July 8, 2011 at 11:15 am

Heidi we love our mini cheesecake pan! For us it is fun to make cute mini things :)

Kristina @ spabettie July 8, 2011 at 12:46 pm

(I may have said this before?) I have that cheesecake pan too and LOVE it! :)

this cookie looks tasty – I love pecans and I love cashews… raw is how I usually go for cooking, and I’ve gotten used to them for snacking too. the peach ice cream sounds amazing too.

Ela July 8, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I’d never heard of a mini cheesecake pan before–what a cool idea. And sweet that I mentioned I’d made peach pecan ice cream before and you made pecan cookies to go with your peach ice cream! Great minds think alike?
I actually don’t love nuts that much. I mean, I like the taste of all of them, but I’ve never wanted to eat a lot of them. Kind of a problem for a raw chef! The exception, the one nut I’ve eaten a lot of in my life and is hands-down my favorite: COCONUT!

Pure2 July 8, 2011 at 5:10 pm

oh yes Ela we cannot get enough coconut

Laury @thefitnessdish July 8, 2011 at 2:30 pm

No. Seriously??? Girls, I am literally drooling and think my stomach just grumbled at the site of these. Oh. My. Lord. I could down a few of those right about now!!!

I love pecans! Hmm..my favorite nut…either raw almonds or salted pistachios. I love all of them, but when I have trail mix or a bag of pistachios those are the ones I eat the most!

The Delicate Place July 8, 2011 at 5:50 pm

wow! that looks so so so good! my fave nut is either well it’s a 3 way tie haha between almonds, cashews & macadamias. there really isn’t a nut or seed i don’t like. my least fave legume is the peanut just too oily!

Pure2 July 8, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Oh Melissa we have been loving mac nuts lately.

Lisa July 8, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I love pecans! And the ice cream sandwiches look great!
Sometimes I put soaked pecans in the dehydrator when I’m also dehydrating granola, and they absorb the essence of the granola flavors….I use those pecans for recipes and also just eat them. So good!

Jessie James July 8, 2011 at 7:33 pm

um I think I need to make these ASAP! they look amazing and i am a huge fan of pecans! I have to admit that i am addicted to cashews tho…i cant have a bag in my house or ill eat the whole thing! yikes!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine July 9, 2011 at 5:06 am

I absolutely adore pecans, and these look amazing. My favorite way to eat nuts is roasted and salted- I think cashews and walnuts are my favorites!

Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters July 9, 2011 at 4:14 pm

My favorite nut has to be the almond. However, where would I be without peanuts (PB in everythinnnng) and hazelnuts (nutella MMMM) haha

Pure2 July 10, 2011 at 5:37 am

Lauren on yes love hazelnuts!

Richa July 12, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Oh my… ice cream sandwiches taking over the world.. these look perfect!.. i love almonds and cashews more..but my hubbs likes pecans..!

Rachel @ I Eat Grains July 18, 2011 at 8:48 am

Peaches and pecans… mmm. I can’t wait to make these, maybe for our next Vegan Meetup.

emma July 21, 2011 at 3:25 pm

erm…..amazing! beam some over to me pleazzzeeee! :-)