Happy Friday Friends!
Last week Michelle and I enjoyed one of the best raw lasagna we have made to date. And we have made a few like our
- nut free winter inspired lasagna
- summer basil lime lasagna
- sunflower cheez cucumber zucchini lasagna
All these have been delicious but this one really hit the spot for us!
It was full of flavor.
It was bold in color.
It is gluten-free, vegan, and raw.
It is full of vitamins and minerals.
It was fun to make and eat.
It was perfect!
If you are looking for a simple summer dinner than this dish is for you. One of the best things about raw lasagna is that they are really super easy to make. It may not look like it but promise it is! We decided to make a pesto for one of the layers. First we thought about putting in spinach but we had arugula on hand so we used that instead. And I am sure glad we did. I loved the spice that arugula provided this pesto!
Arugula Pumpkin Seed Pesto Sauerkraut Lasagna
- 1 zucchini, large (thinly sliced)
- 1 large tomato (thinly sliced)
- And pumpkin arugula pesto (recipe below)
- as much sauerkraut as you want
Pumpkin Arugula Pesto:
- about 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (can use sunflower seeds or any nut)
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp sauerkraut juice (can use lemon or lime juice or apple cider vinegar)
- handful of fresh basil
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
Place all pesto ingredients in your blender and blend till creamy. *may do it in a food processor as well.
Than you build your lasagna with your zucchini and tomato as layers. To get your zucchini really thin it is best to use a mandoline.
Take a few pieces of zucchini and place on plate.
Next tomato slice.
And top it off with pesto and sauerkraut.
That is it.
Pretty simple! We love our raw lasagna! We always feel so good when we are all done eating! But the sad part was when it was all gone.
Twins Question: Have you made raw lasagna? Have you ever had raw lasagna? If no, would you ever try it? Do you have a mandoline? If so do you like using it?
till next time, xo
off to go be in the kitchen all day long
I hope you have a wonderful day.