pink pepper hemp dressing

by michelle on August 31, 2011

hello friends,

you have seen us do quite a few different salad dressings before here on the blog. what can we say we just love to think of something new each time we make a salad.

you have seen us make broccoli dressing and some kraut based dressings. you know we love our kraut.

today’s salad dressing was inspired by our simple 3 ingredient pink dressingguess we like pink

again like most of our salad dressing we try to keep them simple, plus having them be raw, gluten-free, and dairy-free.

Best way we enjoyed this pink pepper hemp seed dressing was on a large salad of course filled with veggies.

This dressing is super easy to make and can be flavored any way you like it. Maybe add in some cayenne? Or parsley? Cumin? oh the possibilities are endless

Lori and I love making super easy and simple salad dressings for our dinner salads. We loved the slight hint of basil coming through this dressing along with the flavor of the yellow pepper shining through. YUM

Twins Question: Have you made fermented veggies before? If no, what why not? (promise they are super easy to make and great way to get probiotics)

Do you like the color pink? What is your favorite color?

Michelle

Kristina @ spabettie August 31, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I LOVE pink! :) this looks good – I will be trying it!

at vida vegan this weekend (we ate AMAZING food!), there was a fantastic purple cauliflower hummus that was this color – reminded me of it. :)

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather August 31, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Beets! Love em. Such a pretty dressing :)

Casey Lorraine August 31, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Oh my this looks so pretty! Kraut, hemp and salad… So many of my fave things! X

Pure2 August 31, 2011 at 5:14 pm

ours too Casey!!!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga August 31, 2011 at 6:48 pm

that is the prettiest dip I have ever seen! That would make a GREAT one for Easter, too! You dont need purple easter eggs when you’ve got that purple dip!

Pure2 September 1, 2011 at 4:59 am

haha that is right Averie!

Lisa August 31, 2011 at 7:36 pm

This looks awesome! I always have fermented veg around—and my fave to make is with purple cabbage. It’s just the prettiest!

Pure2 September 1, 2011 at 4:59 am

Lisa we agree purple cabbage is so pretty!

Lauren August 31, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Love the color of the salad dressing, so vibrant!! I haven’t tried making fermented veggies yet… I keep meaning to, but for some reason I keep putting it off. maybe next weekend! for that matter, I haven’t tried hemp seeds either and I’m dying to try them! I see them at my local health food store but they’re SO expensive. I may have to try both soon though because that dressing looks delish ;)

Liz @ iheartvegetables August 31, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Oh my gosh. I MUST make this, I can only imaging what the veggie hating man would say. But I must make this!!!

Is it weird I’ve never had kraut? Probably. I must change that!

Pure2 September 1, 2011 at 4:59 am

haha Liz not weird ;)

Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel August 31, 2011 at 8:32 pm

would love to coat my salad in some purple deliciousness!!

xoxo <3

Marlena Torres September 1, 2011 at 1:15 am

I agree, such a beautiful dressing and probably so delicious, too! Thanks for sharing :)

Sarah @ Serotonin for Breakfast September 1, 2011 at 5:52 am

That looks so tasty! I love that the entire recipe is made from whole foods. I need to jump on the homemade fermented veggie wagon for sure. I always buy Bubbie’s brand since it is unpasteurized, but it would definitely be cheaper to make my own. And I could ferment all sorts of exciting vegetables!