re-make of our artichoke sauce and pizza

by Lori and Michelle on August 1, 2011

Hello luvs,

We had a wonderful weekend besides the unexpected news yesterday. Again, thank you so much for your kind words and prayers it really means the world to us. The hardest thing about the whole situation is that our best friend was in Afghanistan and is trying to get back here to see her husband.

In the midst of trying to make the best of our day yesterday we made an old favorite of ours with a few tweaks this time around.

Do you remember our Christmas pizza we made during the holidays?

Well we were craving a pizza for dinner so that is what we made!  Plus we had some artichokes on hand so we thought of making our artichoke sauce to be our dressing for our salad.

Re-make of our Beet Pizza with Artichoke Sauce Recipe

Ingredients:

1 pizza crust recipe

We absolutely loved this new take on our artichoke sauce!!!  We ended up using the new sauce on top of our salad. We scooped a few drops of sauce and massaged it into our salad for our dressing. Delicious!

We did make a few changes to our Christmas inspired gluten-free pizza crust recipe, although we were not 100% satisfied with our changes so are going to recommend using the original  gluten free recipeThis gluten-free yeast-free pizza crust recipe is one recipe we plan on continuing to tweak. Even though the crust did not live up to our highest expectations it still hit the spot for us last night.  We kept the pizza simple and just topped it with some oven roasted veggies. YUM

It was more of a thick slice of bread with veggies on top, which is not necessarily a bad thing ;)

Twins question: Do you ever make changes to a recipe of yours? Do you end up liking or disliking the changes you made? Do you like artichokes?

till next time, xoxo

P2R Twins

Aine @ Something to Chew Over August 1, 2011 at 7:22 am

I love artichokes, definitely one of my favourite veggies. For sure I’ll be trying this! :)

I often make changes – sometimes it’s to try to improve the recipe, sometimes because I don’t have all the ingredients I need.

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! August 1, 2011 at 7:53 am

Artichokes are one of my favorite things ever – so much fun to eat just roasted, and dipped in some tasty, garlicky sauce!
And I almost always make changes to my previous recipes, unless it comes out absolutely perfect the first time. Love experimenting.

Pure2 August 1, 2011 at 9:25 am

same here Rachel! experimenting is so much fun :)

Katie August 1, 2011 at 8:13 am

I was just thinking about how to use my can of artichokes…yes!

Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters August 1, 2011 at 9:54 am

Love artichokes! Every day on my way to work I drive through Castroville, the artichoke capitol of the world!! The artichoke fields are so out-of-this-world. The plants are huge! In Castroville there’s a really nice farm stand called The Giant Artichoke and they have a 2-story artichoke and you can [illegally] try to climb up it haha

Cat @Breakfast to Bed August 1, 2011 at 11:27 am

I need to develop a taste for artichokes, they’re so good for you!

Sarah August 1, 2011 at 11:42 am

Oh man. Artichokes are one of my favorites! This is getting made ASAP! :)

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free August 1, 2011 at 11:44 am

I used to love artichoke dip before I gave up dairy….this looks delicious!!! I am bookmarking!

Ela August 1, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I love tweaking recipes over and over, and sometimes they come out better, sometimes not. Even when they’re not ‘better,’ they’re usually still good.

Christine (The Raw Project) August 1, 2011 at 1:28 pm

So sorry about your friend, what a stressful event. I hope her hubby is okay!

The Artichoke sauce sounds divine, I love the use of sauerkraut sauce and hemp seeds. :-) This looks fabulous! I go back and re-mix my recipes a lot just to change things up and try new versions.

Jessie James August 1, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Pizza is my downfall! Thank you for posting this! I love a good healthy pizza recipe! cant wait to make this! thank you!

Laury @thefitnessdish August 1, 2011 at 5:36 pm

I LOVE artichokes and I NEED to make this sauce!!! Yes, I often will think of ways to re-vamp my recipes ad switch them up! Sometimes I love it…other times I should have left it be. My huby hates when I switch his things up. He’s all “just leave it, it’s perfect how it is don’t mess with it.” Men.

Mindy August 2, 2011 at 4:49 am

I had “pizza” last night too – except I used a portobello mushroom for my crust – topped with fresh oregano and basil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, sun dried tomatoes. :)