now before we share our dreamy recipe today we first wanted to say that we made this dessert last week before we started our elimination diet. we look forward to enjoying it again once we are done!!
we were playing around in the kitchen on day because we were wanting to make a smooth cream, almost like whipped cream in a way. we wanted it to be rich and melt in your mouth kind of cream. a dessert that was almost velvety like. this would be great as a topping for a beet donut or chocolate layered cake, but it was just as wonderful by itself.
would like a bowl?? we will share
we had some irish moss paste still on hand so we decided to use that in the recipe. now don’t worry if you do not have irish moss paste just replace it with more cashews or even almonds.
we just like using irish moss paste because it allows us to reduce the nuts in the recipe. but again you can just use more nuts to replace it if you do not have any irish moss.
*warning this cashew cream is a little addictive in a good way
Pure2raw Recipe: Creamy Cashew Cream (raw, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, grain-free, low sugar)
prep-time: about 30 minutes (for soaking the cashews)
time to make: 5-10 minutes (all depends on your blender and how fast it creams)
tools needed: blender (vita-mix is what we used)
- 1/2 cup soaked cashew, pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup raw clear agave
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla (ours is alcohol free)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower lecithin (optional)
- 1 cup irish moss paste
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cardamom
Soak your 1/2 cup cashews in a bowl for about 30 minutes. Rinse well.
Then place cashews into your blender along with your coconut butter, irish moss paste, agave. Blend.
Then add in your vanilla, stevia, lemon zest, cardamom, and sunflower lecithin.
Blend some more till smooth and creamy.
Scoop your cashew cream into a bowl or in our case we served them in little coffee mugs.
Enjoy your cream at room temperature or place in refrigerator for a little bit to enjoy cold.
Promise it is delicious either way!
- have no irish moss then replace with more cashews or another nut like almonds
- may replace agave with any liquid sweetener of choice; if you want to do it all stevia base than you will need to add in about 2-4 tablespoons of water and increase the amount of stevia to your desired level of sweetness
- have no coconut butter then replace it with coconut oil, you might even get away with 1/3 cup coconut oil as it gets harder than coconut butter when chilled
- may replace lemon zest with either lime or orange
- and can use any flavorings you desire (we just love cardamom and use it all the time)
we are just visualizing how scrumptious and yummy this cashew cream was!
something extra for fun we crumbled a twin cakes bakery brownie bite on top. for something a little chocolaty.
now that is one mini coffee mug of pure bliss if you ask us! a little piece of dessert heaven.
Twins Question: Do you like creamy desserts? Do you like the spice cardamom? What is your favorite spice to add to desserts? What is your favorite nut to make creamy non-dairy things with: cashews, macadamia nuts, almonds, or pine nuts?
till next time,