creamy cashew cream

by Lori and Michelle on September 16, 2011

hello luvs,

now before we share our dreamy recipe today we first wanted to say that we made this dessert last week before we started our elimination diet. we look forward to enjoying it again once we are done!!

we were playing around in the kitchen on day because we were wanting to make a smooth cream, almost like whipped cream in a way. we wanted it to be rich and melt in your mouth kind of cream. a dessert that was almost velvety like. this would be great as a topping for a beet donut or chocolate layered cake, but it was just as wonderful by itself.

would like a bowl?? we will share

we had some irish moss paste still on hand so we decided to use that in the recipe. now don’t worry if you do not have irish moss paste just replace it with more cashews or even almonds.

we just like using irish moss paste because it allows us to reduce the nuts in the recipe.  but again you can just use more nuts to replace it if you do not have any irish moss.

*warning this cashew cream is a little addictive in a good way

we are just visualizing how scrumptious and yummy this cashew cream was!

something extra for fun we crumbled a twin cakes bakery brownie bite on top. for something a little chocolaty.

now that is one mini coffee mug of  pure bliss if you ask us!  a little piece of dessert heaven.

Twins Question: Do you like creamy desserts? Do you like the spice cardamom? What is your favorite spice to add to desserts? What is your favorite nut to make creamy non-dairy things with: cashews, macadamia nuts, almonds, or pine nuts?

L&M

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free September 16, 2011 at 7:30 am

Loooooove creamy desserts! But I’ve never tried cardamom…must try! And, it’s not really considered a spice I guess, but chocolate is my fav!!! Cocoa powder adds flavor to everything! Even chili!
Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free recently posted..Nacho Chips and Giveaway WinnersMy Profile

caroline September 16, 2011 at 7:35 am

yumm! this looks amazing…and so creative :) i too am on a very restrictive diet and eat only limited foods (lots of wild salmon, sardines, vegetable, and healthy fats) I would love to read the book “Diet Wise” that you read because i suffer from some inflammatory digestive disorder and headaches and fatigue. no one can figure out what is wrong with me, so i found it really inspiring to find that you are taking charge of your own health. Thanks so much!! ..how do you know what foods to eat that don’t affect you?

Pure2 September 16, 2011 at 10:29 am

Caroline he explains in the book how to pick what foods to start with, it varies for each person depending on your regular diet.

ChocolatePBCups September 16, 2011 at 8:37 am

This looks so delicious! I love cashews :) creamy desserts are definitely a favorite of mine and my favorite spice to add to desserts would probably be cinnamon!
ChocolatePBCups recently posted..Ever considered a Triathlon?My Profile

Jen @ Findingavocadoland September 16, 2011 at 9:41 am

How do you make that look so damn delicious!! I’ve tried to make cashew creams a few times and I don’t know what happens but it always tastes awful. Maybe it’s the cashews I use? Ahh, someday I’ll be brave enough to try again :)
Jen @ Findingavocadoland recently posted..Because Jen & Rick Sounded CreepierMy Profile

Pure2 September 16, 2011 at 10:30 am

Jen might be the cashews, do you soak them first?? using raw or roasted?? do try them again, I promise cashew creams are wonderful

Tatyana September 16, 2011 at 9:49 am

I just wanted to say that I love your blog. You are so creative with your ingredients. I also tried socca for the first time a few months ago from your blog. The first try was a fail and then I powered up the courage to try it again and it turned out amazing, so fast and so easy.
You guys are great :)

Pure2 September 16, 2011 at 10:31 am

Tatyana yay for socca!!! we still get failures mixed in when we make it, but always taste good

Alexia @ NamasteYoga September 16, 2011 at 10:28 am

that cashew cream looks scrumptious! I love creamy vegan desserts, and apart from dark chocolate, softserve and ice-cream are my favorites. Cardamon, cinnamon and vanilla are ideal spices and additions to my desserts and my favorite nut to make non-dairy things are cashews for cakes and ice-cream and sunflower seeds for dressings. mhmmmmm
Alexia @ NamasteYoga recently posted..What does Yoga mean to you?My Profile

GetSkinnyGoVegan September 16, 2011 at 10:45 am

I always eat WAY too much of this stuff!!
GetSkinnyGoVegan recently posted..Weiner Woes. Smaller Shorter Schlongs may be caused by Eating Cocks.My Profile

Pure2 September 16, 2011 at 4:17 pm

it happens to us too!

Kristina @ spabettie September 16, 2011 at 11:08 am

oh, you KNOW I love this! I love cardamom and this time of year is when I seem to go crazy with it – it’s in everything. ;)

I love the idea of this dessert – I am definitely going to make this one.

have a great weekend!
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..vegan macaronsMy Profile

Pure2 September 16, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Kristina glad to hear that we have another cardamom lover out there :)

Heathy September 16, 2011 at 11:54 am

YUMMMMOOO!!! I want a bowl of this! xo
Heathy recently posted..Sugar Detox Days 3 & 4… and savory raw recipesMy Profile

Pure2 September 16, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Heathy sending one you way ;) xoxo

Erica September 16, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I LOVE how versatile cashew cream is! I usually use it in tomato sauce- awesome! This look amaze
Erica recently posted..Week in Review & Baked Almond Butter ChickenMy Profile

Pure2 September 16, 2011 at 4:18 pm

thanks Erica, and yes love how cashew can be used for so many things!

Ela September 16, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Ooh…you know I adore cardamom! It’s my favorite! I love creamy desserts but haven’t been eating them lately.
Just had a good talk with my ND about my deteriorating mental health lately and why eating more fats would help get it better. So maybe it’s time to start having a few nuts again.
I’m just afraid of the omega6 in nuts but cashews don’t have much omega 6 and mac nuts have almost none. If they weren’t so expensive I’d use them a lot more. My favorite is coconut.
I’ll try to blog about it soon–been craving gingerbread so maybe I’ll make some cream like this to go on top!
Ela recently posted.."Go go go" versus the Still Center; Getting House in OrderMy Profile

Pure2 September 16, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I know Ela I wish nuts and seeds were a little less expensive too! coconut is our favorite as well though we have a feeling we might be sensitive to it :( but we just have to wait and see once we add in it back into our diets.

Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh September 16, 2011 at 3:29 pm

oh my gosh that looks sinful!! I have never had cashew cream, but have always wanted to try it!! I can only image how versatile it can be on tasty treats!!
Beautiful pictures too!!
Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh recently posted..It’s My LifeMy Profile

Pure2 September 16, 2011 at 4:21 pm

thanks Ari !! it is very versatile that is one reason why we love it so much ;)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) September 16, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I love spice! This looks amazing and the flavor combinations/possibilities are endless. Absolutely beautiful!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins Save The Day!My Profile

sophie September 16, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Great new header and great-looking recipe.
I really need to get some irish-moss!!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

sophie September 16, 2011 at 7:02 pm

also – cinnamon is my favourite!!! but i also love cardamom, cloves…cinnamon :)

Crysta September 16, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Love creamy desserts and LOVE cardamom, cinnamon and all those yummy fall and holiday spices! I have a unique blueberry soup recipe that is my favorite….with cardamom!

Lori and Michelle September 17, 2011 at 6:32 am

Crysta blueberry and cardamom sounds wonderful!

Carrie September 16, 2011 at 8:58 pm

love the new header! very modern and eye-catching!

Lori and Michelle September 17, 2011 at 6:33 am

Thanks Carrie, we are still playing around with it ;)

hihorosie September 23, 2011 at 12:05 am

hear me smacking my lips over this yumminess?!
hihorosie recently posted..Thoughtful ThursdayMy Profile