Mini Tart Lime Pie

by Lori and Michelle on September 7, 2011

hello luvs,

are you a fan of tart desserts?

are you a fan of lime?

are you a fan of super easy no bake desserts?

if you answered yes, then you will love the recipe we have to share with you today!

Michelle and I love tart lime flavored desserts. we get this love mainly from our go-to avocado lime pudding. seriously one of the best creamy tart dessert in my opinion.

but today we made something a little different. our recipe today was inspired by our Mac-Nut Butter recipe

we were craving something tart the other day and we had macadamia nuts on hand, so we thought lets make an unbaked dessert using mac-nuts along with our lovely irish moss paste.

now if you are ready to start playing around with irish moss this is a great way to get used to using it. by using the irish moss we were able to reduce the amount of nuts in this recipe. plus the irish moss added in even more health benefits to this dessert

now this is a tart lime lovers dessert.

there is something about enjoying something tart that I just love!

I like having a change from something sweet to something more tart.

although Michelle and I will are huge sweet dessert lovers

we still love our tart desserts just as much.

Twins Question: Quickly answer:

Tart or Sweet?

Sweet or Savory?

Chocolate or Vanilla?

Lemon or Lime?

Milk or dark chocolate?

Lori

Jessie James September 7, 2011 at 8:22 am

Looks incredible! Do u have any substitutions for the moss paste? If not no biggie I just have it on hand:) thanks!

Pure2 September 7, 2011 at 8:23 am

Jessie yes you can do more mac nuts for the irish moss

Jennifer and Jaclyn @ sketch-free vegan September 7, 2011 at 8:43 am

These look so cute! Like little marshmallows! We are both definitely fans of sweetness. I prefer vanilla whereas jac prefers chocolate (or carob). We still have our differences!

Katie September 7, 2011 at 8:56 am

YUM. These scream summer to me.

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free September 7, 2011 at 9:11 am

So cute girls :D Have not have lime dessert in a while-but they are good!

Sweet
Sweet
Chocolate
Lime
Dark

:D

Evan Thomas September 7, 2011 at 10:13 am

Sweet AND tart
Sweet
Chocolate
Lemon
Dark

Cat @Breakfast to Bed September 7, 2011 at 11:03 am

Oh yes please now. in my “piehole” lol.
Tart
sweet
vanilla
lime
dark

Lisa September 7, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Looks great!

Tart

Savory

Vanilla

Lime

dark chocolate

Heathy September 7, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Oh YUM! I was thinking about lime desserts just the other day since I had to limes sitting around. Yours look sooo good!
Sweet, sweet, chocolate AND vanilla, lemon, dark :)
xo

Megan @ The Detoxinista September 7, 2011 at 3:11 pm

YUM!! I love tart, slightly sweet desserts. Anything lemon or lime flavored is right up my alley. ;)

Ela September 7, 2011 at 4:03 pm

sweet-tart, sweet, chocolate, lemon, darkest! (but probably no chocolate for me after all–just don’t feel good from it ;( )

Sounds like a yummy tart–or pie; hey, call it a tart tart!–and I love when they’re crustless!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) September 7, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I can’t do lemon or lime sweets anymore…let’s just say my colonoscopy prep ruined me on that one. The boys love it though, so I still make lemon and lime treats. These look delicious!

Lindsay@bikingbeforebed September 7, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Sweet, lime, vanilla (for ice cream) chocolate for everything else! This recipe looks delicious. You had me at Macademia nuts.

Kristina @ spabettie September 7, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Hmm – those are difficult! I love both choices in all categories but chocolate I’m always dark! and no macadamias for me – I grew up spending summers in Hawaii and ate too many one summer, ew I have not been able to eat them since!

these look great though, I’d sub cashews and LOVE them!

Liz @ iheartvegetables September 7, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Sweet, sweet, chocolate, lime, dark )

Hmm… it sounds like I need some dark chocolate covered limes over here ;) Hehe

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! September 7, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Sweet.
Sweet.
Vanilla and Chocolate each have their ‘right’ places & times, haha.
Lime
extra-dark.

These pies look so good, and so different than most of what I have been seeing lately.

Alisa Fleming September 7, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Love the idea of this recipe! I think I will stick with avocado though, I’m not quite ready on the Irish moss :)

Erica September 8, 2011 at 5:04 am

My husbands favorite dessert is key lime pie, he would love these (and me too!!) tart, savory,vanilla,both,dark!

Lauren September 8, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Yummy! I love lime desserts!