calming down

by Lori and Michelle on October 10, 2011

hello luvs!

with photo editing remember it takes time. looks like many of you hope to learn photo editing soon. we still have a lot to learn in photoshop. it is baby steps for us. so do not get discouraged with your photos or editing skills. overtime, like with everything in life the more you do it the better you become!

we are like that in so many aspects of our life.

like through

• our fitness level has increased and we have gotten stronger, took a good year
  • our blogging, over the 2+ years of blogging we have learned so much about ourselves
  • our love of photography has gotten better each week
  • learning to handle stress better
  • balancing out work/life
  • our knowledge of what works for our bodies and what does not in terms of food (we still are learning but with each month we feel we learn something new)

now we are not perfect still have many things to get better at but we are more hopefully and determined that things will always work out!

source

perfect example is our faces. our skin. our acne. our battle with finding better looking skin.

are we there yet? almost!

it has been a week since we have been home. we got back on a simple face regimen, did nothing too drastic. kept things simple. and continued taking our Udo’s Oil Omega blend once a day. and did better with our water.

for our face regimen as I mentioned we kept it simple. basically only washed our face at night. we washed it with coconut oil then used apple cider vinegar next we ended with putting some jojoba oil.

and slowly our face is calming down.

we are starting to see an improvement with our skin. still have some time before we feel it is really better, but are pleased with the progression we are seeing.  we have not really gotten any new pimples just the old ones calming down. they are getting smaller and less inflamed.

like so many of you said things get a little worse before they get better. and we knew that because we have experienced that so many times in our life. so you would think we would still remember that but it was still hard to see this happen to us again.

source

hope everyone has a magical Monday! and remember you too will get through whatever you are going through!

L&M

Sarah@ serotonin for breakfast October 10, 2011 at 6:47 am

You guys are so encouraging. It’s always important to take a step back to see how far we’ve come in personal growth and accomplishing our goals. Some of those quotes are just what I need to hear this morning. :)
Sarah@ serotonin for breakfast recently posted..LucyMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 10, 2011 at 8:52 am

thanks Sarah!!! HUGS

the delicate place October 10, 2011 at 7:39 am

yay i’m glad you are finding a natural solution to help calm things down. the fish oil caps i take help to reduce inflammation and redness. it’s sort of my internal insurance that things will remain calm :) i only use organic juice beauty products on my face since it’s more gentle than most store bought stuff. i think the key to face stuff is not stripping your skin of oil. if you do that, it overcompensates and over produces oil increasing acne in the long run. i always was fearful of using moisturizer because i thought my skin was oily. turns out, it’s combo skin but was producing oil in a hurry because i was stripping it a few years ago with clinique toners/soaps that were too harsh for my sensitive skin. wish i could go back in time!
the delicate place recently posted..so you think you can kickbox?My Profile

Lori and Michelle October 10, 2011 at 8:53 am

so true Melissa, we were the same way. we now are in love with putting oil on our faces :)

Anna @ On Anna's Plate October 10, 2011 at 8:35 am

So glad to hear that y’all are having some luck on the face front! My face has been going crazy since I got pregnant…I’m trying to get it to calm down through skincare and diet, but it’s slow-going with all these new hormones in my body.

Lori and Michelle October 10, 2011 at 8:55 am

good luck Anna! try coconut or jojoba oil on the face, our faces seem to be really like them! HUGS

lindsay October 10, 2011 at 9:22 am

i agree, things always get a little worse before they get better. at least thats what I am telling myself now. haha. Glad to hear the skin is improving!
lindsay recently posted..No News is Good NewsMy Profile

katie @KatieDid October 10, 2011 at 10:10 am

ah I loved that last quote, I even choked up reading it… perfect timing for this post, thank you :)

Erica October 10, 2011 at 10:53 am

Great post! The slow and steady win, right?? I have been battling with skin issues for a while. Since I found out I may be lactose intolerant and cut out the dairy…no skin issues. crazy!
Erica recently posted..Nutty Beef BurgersMy Profile

Ela October 10, 2011 at 11:06 am

Thanks for sharing this–I’m just preparing a post about not succeeding when you deserve to, how demoralizing it is, am feeling it very intensely in myself, a lot of sadness. The persistence element is definitely one to pay attention to.
thanks again
Ela recently posted..Taking The Breakfast ChallengeMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 10, 2011 at 4:03 pm

sorry Ela that things are tough for you right now! sending lots of HUGS your way

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! October 10, 2011 at 11:58 am

So glad to hear that you are making progress! I know the feeling when you’re working so hard at something, but no matter what, you don’t get anywhere. So hard! You inspire me to push through, knowing that progress will eventually come.
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Days OffMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 10, 2011 at 4:04 pm

aww thanks Rachel!!! HUGS

Jennifer October 10, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Thanks so much for this reminder….I totally needed it today!

Lisa October 10, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I’ve found the most skin success with the simple regimens–the natural stuff, and not too much! I use the clarsonic thing, plus some essential oils from living libations…take mercola’s krill oil and sunchlorella. That helped so much……..the real difference came for me when I cut grains and sugar out of my diet. Not that you asked…but my point is that it sounds like you are on a great path—it’s a process of trial and error and….success! Thanks for sharing your experience.
Lisa recently posted..Ugi Ball ReviewMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 10, 2011 at 4:05 pm

thanks Lisa for the kind words of encouragement. yes we are trying to keep things simple and trying to keep reminding ourselves that things will work out.

Katie October 10, 2011 at 2:31 pm

You girls are so beautiful and positive, thats especially why i connect with you girls so much and hope to meet you both one day!

Love these beautiful quotes!

I am glad to hear your skin is getting better, for both of you, I bet you both are very happy for that! I have had my issues with skin problems, so I know how stressful that can be!

xoxo <3
Katie recently posted..Strength and Forgotten BreakfastMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 10, 2011 at 4:06 pm

thanks Katie!!! HUGS

igor October 10, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I am glad that it is getting better I think omega 3 does good job you have to wait month for to see proper result
Take care

sam October 10, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Happy for you

I have try simple eating plus dr alkaitis plus udos choice and all together heal my skin. I have found that for my body is lighter to eat raw goat cheese then nuts ( I love nuts but try to limited)
Good luck

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) October 10, 2011 at 6:02 pm

This was such a great post. I can really be so impatient so taking the time to just relax and enjoy the life I’m living can be so hard. I’m definitely trying though.
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Dinner and Movies…and Dessert!My Profile

Casey October 10, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Such a beautiful uplifting post ladies! I’m thrilled you are seeing progress – yay!
I know, it takes time for all of these things to work and see improvement. It took me 3 years to totally clear and heal my skin and it was very frustrating but I had major health challenges to heal. Sometimes we just need to love our bodies for doing the very best they can and treat them with kindness. xx
Casey recently posted..Dill Green Salad, Parsnip Chips + Raw Done Right!My Profile

Lou October 10, 2011 at 11:40 pm

nicely said girls!
Lou recently posted..which would you rather?My Profile

Z.Grimm October 10, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Thanks so much for sharing. If you guys have any questions about photoshop, let me know! I’m an artist who has been using it since 1996. Thanks also for your awesome blog, I’m looking forward to following you on your journey!
Z.Grimm recently posted..Vegetarian on a budget? Is that even possible??My Profile

Samantha October 11, 2011 at 3:37 am

have you ever tried aloe from an aloe plant? I wash my face and then use witch hazel and then I break off a piece of my aloe plant and squeeze out the gel and rub it on my face to sit overnight…it kinda of tightens up when it dries and it feels like I am getting a face lift!! LOL Not sure if that would help or not…my aloe plant has grown and I have like 6 of them now!!!
Samantha recently posted..Dairy Free DonutsMy Profile

Kristin @ eat healthy. be happy. live well. October 11, 2011 at 9:24 am

Thanks for sharing about your skin issues. I’ve had acne for 15 years…I’ve been on every antibiotic and even done Acutane. Nothing has helped!!! I’ve been using coconut oil as a moisturizer, but didn’t realize I could use it to wash my face. I’m interested in knowing more about what the ACV does for the skin and do you smell for a long time after you put it on?
Kristin @ eat healthy. be happy. live well. recently posted..What I learned from my car accidentMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 11, 2011 at 11:33 am

Kristin, we will share more on our skin care stuff.