airplanes and football

by lori on October 25, 2011

hello friends,

it feels good to be back home and really getting back into our routine around here. after opening up google reader and seeing that we have over 600 post to catch up on… was a little overwhelming we must admit. but bit by bit we are catching up with all our favorites. big things we missed over the weekend… happy birthdays (including our dad- Happy Birthday) and a huge congratulations.

thanks again for the sweet comments about our surprise yesterday! we are still on a little high from the whole trip!

purdue award dinner

it was just a great time and we are so proud of our dad! can’t say it enough.

and here today we are going to share the last bit of our travels to Purdue with our family.

armstrong building at purduewe had a great time exploring the campus but mainly our time was focused at the Armstrong Engineering building. our dad had some meetings to attend to so we waited till he was done.

and I think Joy was the most excited to see him haha

happy girl now.

now it was our turn to get a tour of the whole building from our dad

we must say we were really impressed with the building and it was weird seeing students… oh those days of studying

there were planes everywhere

parents donated a room

engineering building tour was over then it was time to walk around some more outside. it was a gorgeous day too!

then off to the aero space sciences and nuclear engineering lab (try saying that a few times) where our dad spent most of his time. plus a ‘date night’ for our parents as our mom would inform us

again this building was way over our girls heads haha

it was really cool to see what our dad did while in school. how he made model planes and got to test them in their wind tunnel.

wind tunnel at purduewind tunnel (you don’t see that everyday haha)

the next day we all got ready to watch some Purdue Football. any Purdue fans out there?

but first I (lori) had to spend some time playing with my niece

she was being so cute, I could not stop laughing haha

enjoyed some Purdue homecoming festivities

at purdue football gameluckily for us it was a beautiful day to watch some football! love those days.

purdue homecoming football game

purdue football players

love fly overs!

time to play football

perfect day. perfect football game. perfect family weekend.

we truly are lucky and blessed to have such a wonderful and loving family!

and a big thanks to Michelle aka the photographer for the weekend! thanks sis you did great.

hope you all enjoyed our weekend at Purdue. ok time for us to get our butts into gear today. have a long to do list to tackle. wishing we had some of these to snack on!

Twins Question: What was your major in school? Did you ever change your career paths? Do you have any fun dream jobs that you have always wanted to do? Any other aerospace engineers out there?

michelle always loved planes too, maybe one day she will get the chance to learn how to fly. I thought I wanted to be an interior designer but quickly learned that was not for me and making food was more in my blood.

Lori

Lisa October 25, 2011 at 7:47 am

Great pics!
I started out as an athletic training major, but after a semester of learning how to tape ankles, I switched to exercise science! I’m glad I did, because it was much more customizable later with health and nutrition! I haven’t changed career paths, but I’ve mushed two together—wellness coaching and teaching wellness topics (there were times when I thought I’d do one or the other full-time…but I like the mix I have going now).
Hope you have a great day!
Lisa recently posted..A Self-Experiment with Intermittent Fasting, and My Lessons in Hunger vs. AppetiteMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 25, 2011 at 9:09 am

Lisa those are great careers to have!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) October 25, 2011 at 7:55 am

My brother-in-law went to Purdue and is a HUGE fan! Sounds like an incredible weekend! I love that you pulled off a surprise like that. I hope you two have an incredible week!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Gluten Free Dairy Free Cookie Cake!My Profile

Lori and Michelle October 25, 2011 at 9:09 am

Thanks Sarena! It was fun ;)

bitt October 25, 2011 at 8:46 am

I have wanted to change careers and I am interested in lots of them! Never lack of interest, just time, money, and energy. ;-)

I am going to be snoopy and ask who the men are in the pics that are not Gary or your dad. You must have said along the way but I have a bad memory. I like getting to know your family better. I can tell who are your sisters. You are all so pretty!

Lori and Michelle October 25, 2011 at 9:10 am

Bitt those are our sisters husbands!! and thank you for your sweet comment

Nada (One Arab Vegan) October 25, 2011 at 10:37 am

Looks like you guys had such a great time, congrats on your dad’s award! Love all the pictures and especially the ones of Joy – she’s a sweetheart :)

I’m actually in my final year at university – I’m studying Digital Media Technology (which not a lot of people have heard of), and although I love it I’m seriously considering a career in nutrition now. Whether or not I’ll be able to pursue that I don’t know but aside from that I’d love become a certified raw foods chef. You two and Robyn from Girl on Raw have inspired me to do that :)
Nada (One Arab Vegan) recently posted..Vegan MoFo #16: Moroccan Spiced HummusMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 25, 2011 at 11:17 am

Awesome Nada! you would be a great raw chef

Melissa @ Hot Chokolate Girl October 25, 2011 at 11:04 am

Definitely! First I studied nutrition, then I went back for nursing. Now, I toy with the idea of opening my own green juice + smoothie bar someday. The one thing that has remained a constant all this time is teaching group fitness.

P.S. Your niece is absolutely adorable! :)
Melissa @ Hot Chokolate Girl recently posted..Rolling with the PunchesMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 25, 2011 at 11:17 am

Thanks Melissa!

Eden October 25, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Looks like you guys had a marvelous time. I wish I had such a big family.

Ok, you know me I say what I’m really thinking: I’m SO confused. Who writes the post? Cause there’s “thanks Michelle for being the photographer..” and then you sign it M&L? I know both of you don’t type at the same time, or I dunno, do you? I was always curious as to who does more of the blog/twitter etc..

Oh right, my major. It was orignially theater (I wanted to be a movie star!) and then I switched to communications and then I basically dropped out junior year and went to a rigorous culinary school.

And now I’m confused. Just like any 20 something year old.
Eden recently posted..Maple Thyme Pumpkin Muffins and Annoying Dinner DatesMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 26, 2011 at 4:56 am

haha sorry for the confusion Eden, sometimes we overlook things like that when writing the post. as one twin does majority of it and the other reads over it too. so in a sense we both write the post, just one has done more work. and do not worry you will figure it all out.

hihorosie October 25, 2011 at 10:41 pm

More fun! Love it! And love the lauging pic – so cute! And you know, that sort of thing is over my head too but it’d be interesting to tour.
hihorosie recently posted..Winner: Tropical Traditions shredded coconutMy Profile

Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh October 26, 2011 at 8:02 am

Awe such a fun trip! I love spending time with family, and going to football games are so fun!
Your niece is adorable, and that smile is precious!!
Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh recently posted..Sweet n’ Salty Chocolate Covered Pumpkin SeedsMy Profile

Gloria October 26, 2011 at 11:06 am

I’m having a huge nerd moment over this post. I’m an aerospace engineer and spent many sleepless nights in a wind tunnel lab much like that one at the University of Florida. Much congrats and thanks to your dad for being a part of setting the present-day standard of technology in our industry!

Casey October 27, 2011 at 12:29 am

Lovely photos lady! You all look very happy :)
Casey recently posted..Cinnamon Spiced Chocolate or Carob Milk JuiceMy Profile

Luella March 19, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Hiya! I just wish to give a huge thumbs up for the good data you may have here on this post. I shall be coming again to your blog for more soon. I are always searching for fun activities to do. Great stuff, just nice! I’ve bookmarked yuor site to check out new stuff you weblog post. Thanks again for your support on the subject! It’s is for sure appreciated more than you realize. I can’t believe you are no more widespread since you definitely have the gift of writing!