pin it

by Lori and Michelle on October 13, 2011

Look what we joined…

Yep you can find the twins over on Pinterest!

We joined yesterday, so still extremely new to it. Still learning how it works.

source

We would show you our boards, but to be honest they are kind of empty.

But it has been fun, we can see how people say they can be pinning for hours. So much to look at.

Source

And like Averie mentioned the other day, Pinterest is fun because it is visual, which is one reason we love instragram.

Social media has gotten out of control – yes or no? So much to keep up with,  which can be a little over whelming sometimes.

What are your thoughts on social media? Do you like having all these options? What is your favorite social media tool? Check out this list of social media tools …some we have never even heard of??

Next thing we are contemplating about joining is google+. Anyone have any thoughts about this? Should we do it? Why?

till next time

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) October 13, 2011 at 7:08 am

I try to limit computer time because it gets exhausting and I can easily spend hours at a time on it, even when its mainly reading and researching.
But I do loveee pinterest :)
Felicia (Natural + Balanced) recently posted..Pumpkin Butter + Isolating Muscle GroupsMy Profile

jessy jones October 13, 2011 at 7:11 am

My sister introduced me to pintrest a few days ago and i LOVE it. I am in the midst of planning a wedding just like you, lori, and pintrest is where I have gotten most of my ideas so far! for dresses, food, favors, you name it!

Lori and Michelle October 13, 2011 at 8:18 am

Jessy that is awesome. I plan on getting many ideas from it as well for my bid day ;) yay for wedding planning!!!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance October 13, 2011 at 7:12 am

Yey! I was so happy when I saw that you guys joined Pinterest yesterday! You will soon fall in love and start food gawking all day like me :)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Mouth PartyMy Profile

Molly October 13, 2011 at 7:49 am

Prepare to become addicted!
Molly recently posted..Get-away weekendMy Profile

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free October 13, 2011 at 8:10 am

I’ve been avoiding Pinerest, but I love the idea of it. I’ll probably cave in and get an account eventually because I just adore looking at beautiful pictures and products. I do everything with images, anyway, because I hate reading through lists.

By the way, I love how you have your workout list at the right! Love it!
Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free recently posted..Announcing the 2nd Challenge!My Profile

Lori and Michelle October 13, 2011 at 8:20 am

thanks Alex that is something we have wanted to do for a long time to help keep us on track with our workouts ;)

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! October 13, 2011 at 8:53 am

I love Pinterest! I think mainly because I am a very visual person, so too much bookmarking clutter is overwhelming. I think social media is a really powerful tool, more so than people recognize, and is such a great way to get your presence out there. I do think there are a few too many social media tools, and it gets really hard to keep track of all of them! So many accounts…
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Always Fashionably Late (WIAW)My Profile

lindsay October 13, 2011 at 9:18 am

i was so happy to follow you on pinterest now! let the obsession begin!!
lindsay recently posted..I’m the kind of Woman who….My Profile

Lori and Michelle October 13, 2011 at 9:23 am

Lindsay cheers :) HUGS

katie @KatieDid October 13, 2011 at 10:58 am

I got accepted for an account but haven’t done anything with it yet. I’m scared of the time suck it may be and I can’t afford that right now! I know I’d love it though, I love inspirational boards, images, quotes and all the good stuff so much!

Megan @ The Detoxinista October 13, 2011 at 11:13 am

I’m still figuring out Pinterest, too! (my boards are pretty empty…) I’ve found that I can spend hours on there, if I’m not careful, and all of the sudden I want things I didn’t even know existed! Eek. ;)
Megan @ The Detoxinista recently posted..Sweet Potato Mac n’ CheezeMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 13, 2011 at 1:01 pm

same here Megan!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty October 13, 2011 at 11:27 am

I love social media!! Pintrest is a major problem for me though, I spend WAY too much time on it!! :) It’s so fantastic!!
Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty recently posted..Life through the lensMy Profile

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 13, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Loving Pinterest and thanks for linking back to me :) But as I said in that post, ALL the different social media channels can be overwhelming…but of everything from FB, Twitter, Stumble…Pinterest is definitely a new fave. And so is Instagram. I love following you two on IG too :)
Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga recently posted..Thursday ThingsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 13, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Thanks Averie! We love following you too!!