raspberry banana smoothie

by Lori and Michelle on October 8, 2011

good morning luvs!

so happy to see so many of you enjoying our sugar free applesauce mini cakes! and we loved hearing your responses to what do you prefer. it looks like majority of you all love pumpkin, cinnamon, lime and vanilla. though some did like apples and chocolate.  our favorites are pumpkin, cinnamon, lemon, and chocolate. though apples and lime are close in the running.

today we have another simple smoothie recipe. one recipe that we make sometimes after we workout because it has everything we need to replenish our bodies. the recipe was inspired by our other raspberry fig smoothie.

we have cut back again on our fruit intake and just mainly rely on fruit when traveling and for our post workout smoothies. our bodies really seem to like fruit right after working out, so we plan to keep doing that. this recipe is really simple only has 4 ingredients. and if you are not a cilantro fan please substitute any green of your liking like mint, basil, or parsley.

simple, replenishing, and refreshing after a sweaty workout.

Twins Question: What is your favorite city to visit? Do you like cruises? If so, do you like relaxing on the boat or getting off the boat to do activities?

L&M

Erica October 8, 2011 at 7:47 am

Mmm i bet this would be great with spinach! Im not a city girl…. But i love boston and charleston
Erica recently posted..Peet’s Coffee Chocolate Chip BarsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 8, 2011 at 8:13 am

Erica love both those cities as well!

lindsay October 8, 2011 at 8:54 am

i always love that you add herbs/spices to your smoothies. It definitely helps with digestion, in my opinion.
Cruises are not my favorite, but getting off and exploring is!!!
lindsay recently posted..30 Minute Thursday & DefinitionMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 8, 2011 at 9:37 am

yes another reason we love our herbs :)

Lindsay @ biking before bed October 8, 2011 at 10:05 am

I love visiting New York city and Boston. I have actually never been on a cruise! I am thinking of doing a 3 day one from new Orleans to Mexico.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Apple Cranberry Crisp 1My Profile

Lisa October 8, 2011 at 10:12 am

Looks yummy!
I love to visit anyplace that is on the ocean :)
But…totally not into the idea of a cruise. I like to look at the ocean but I don’t want to go out on it!
Lisa recently posted..Ugi Ball ReviewMy Profile

Ela October 8, 2011 at 10:39 am

Yum–I love the green/herby element. Cilantro _and_ mint or basil would be awesome too.

Not much of a city girl but what a huge question–do you mean in the US, or beyond? Athens is awesome (especially outside of tourist season) and so is Thessaloniki–and you’ve been to Spain and France, so you know how beautiful the cities are there. Edinburgh is pretty awesome too.

I like San Francisco a lot, especially because it’s not too big. I’ve only spent maybe three days ever in New York, so I’d definitely like to visit there.

Cruises–I think I’d get stir crazy unless I could get off the boat and explore regularly!
Are these honeymoon brainstorming ideas?
Ela recently posted..An Amazing Movie, Raw Gingerbread Success, and That SaladMy Profile

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) October 8, 2011 at 11:42 am

The smoothie looks delicious! My favorite city ever was Paris, but I haven’t really traveled much and I’m guessing it may be more for the fact that it seemed so unattainable to me. I also LOVE New York!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Effect or Affect?My Profile

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 8, 2011 at 12:15 pm

that looks…perfect! And the photography is gorgeous. Love the bananas in soft blur in the background!
Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga recently posted..Weekend StartMy Profile

GetSkinnyGoVegan October 8, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Sounds so interesting with the Cilantro!! Just WISH organic rasberries were not a zillion dollars!
GetSkinnyGoVegan recently posted..Everybody’s just a Little Bit Gay. Allen Ginsberg. My Big Gay Ginger LIme Balls from Palmcrantz’s "Raw Food" Book. And Hehe, Dates DON’T raise your blood sugar, EVEN the Wet Ones!My Profile

Lou October 8, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Wow, never thought about adding cilantro to a fruity smoothie – think I will be giving this combo a whirl this morning! The photo looks so tempting. Have never been on a cruise – I reckon it would be fun as long as there was no sea-sickness involved!
Lou recently posted..buckwheat and chia, the odd couple that have it ‘going on’My Profile

Hannah October 9, 2011 at 3:39 am

Ohmygosh, I’m so envious! Bananas are still at least $3 each here in Australia and a pint of fresh raspberries would cost between $18-24, so this smoothie is utter luxury in Australian terms!!

Lori and Michelle October 9, 2011 at 4:55 am

Hannah wow that is crazy! so sorry to hear that prices for fruit is expensive right now, hopefully that changes for ya!

Alisa Fleming October 9, 2011 at 8:50 am

You had me until cilantro :) Not a fan of that herb, but love the raspberry banana combo, and maybe I should try basil!

I’ve never been on a cruise!
Alisa Fleming recently posted..Two Words: Chocolate GranolaMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 9, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Alisa oh yes basil would be great.

Moya October 10, 2011 at 11:10 am

Love the ingredients in your healthy smoothie, I am a great fan of cilantro so will give this a try. I am also experimenting with my food photography so thank you for sharing your information.

Nada (One Arab Vegan) November 3, 2011 at 10:36 am

I picked up some amazing fresh raspberries so definitely trying this tomorrow for my post workout smoothie! Thank you girls :)
Nada (One Arab Vegan) recently posted..WIAW #6: What I Would’ve Eaten WednesdayMy Profile