{raw} spiced hazelnut cupcakes with chia pumpkin frosting

by Lori and Michelle on October 18, 2011

raw cupcake

well we have been a little frustrated over here. we were so excited to share our raw cupcake recipe, but when we went to edit the pictures half of our pictures were not there!!!

so after a moment of screaming and crying, we came to realize - at least we have some photos.

mostly the final pictures we do not have, so you will have to use your imagination with this one.

all we have is the one photo Michelle instagramed

we do apologize for lack of final raw cupcake photos, but promise they are delicious.

prepping raw flours for cupcakes

make hazelnut flour

homemade hazelnutflourbefore

raw hazelnutflour

cupcake batter ready

making raw cupcakes

scoop into liners

group of raw cupcakesbegin to carefully press cupcake batter into molds

hazelnut vegan cupcakes

once cupcakes liners filled, scoop your pumpkin chia seed frosting on top

vegan raw cupcake

final raw glutenfree vegan cupcakesthen of course make your final topping. though we do not have those pictures but you can let your mind go wild here

glutenfree raw hazenlut cupcake

our raw hazelnut cupcakes were perfect! great light, slightly crumbly texture along with a kick of spice to it. if you like allspice then you will enjoy these cupcakes.

also we enjoyed the texture of  chia seeds in our pumpkin frosting. again you may use any frosting you like on top of these cupcakes. another great option for frosting is our lucuma cashew frosting.

overall these cupcakes are easy to make, simple while satisfying and rich in flavor.  want else would you want in a cupcake?

single raw cupcake

we forgot how fun it is to make raw cupcakes. it has been awhile since we have made one. we definitely see more raw cupcake making in the future!

that is all for today! maybe those lost pictures will show up somewhere haha

L&M

Kristina @ spabettie October 18, 2011 at 9:21 am

great photos you do have, though – clearly show that these are YUM. I can imagine they taste amazing!
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..multi grain potato rosemary soupMy Profile

katie @KatieDid October 18, 2011 at 10:04 am

oh no I’m so sorry that happened! After so much time and effort that’s such a bummer. Did you have any leftover that you could recreate a mini photo shoot with? The photos you did manage to take are gorgeous though!

Lori and Michelle October 18, 2011 at 11:33 am

Katie that is a great idea, and thank you!

Erica October 18, 2011 at 1:31 pm

These look like so much fun! I love the idea of using hazelnut flour. Y’all are so creative!
Erica recently posted..Football Food: Pineapple Jalapeno Turkey Burgers & Roasted Potatoes:My Profile

Lori and Michelle October 18, 2011 at 3:16 pm

thanks Erica! the hazelnut flour was a nice touch :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 18, 2011 at 1:34 pm

The cupcakes are adorable and look great.

And i LOVE those pink liners and the scoop. Those are two items I have been wanting to pick up forever!
Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga recently posted..Candy Corn Cookie Dough Pretzel BitesMy Profile

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! October 18, 2011 at 1:37 pm

So sorry about the photos! I guess that means you’ll have to make them again?
I love the simplicity of this recipe. looks so good and satisfying.
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Ramblings, Confessions, and CurriesMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 18, 2011 at 3:15 pm

exactly Rachel ;)

Julie Lynn October 18, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Oh, those are to die for! Yum!
Julie Lynn recently posted..Guilin Mifen (Rice Noodles in Broth)My Profile

Heidi @ Food Doodles October 18, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Aw, that sucks! I’m glad you got some pictures though because those are super cute! I’m particularly interested in these because we actually have hazelnut trees in our yard so we always have a ton of them. I’ve never even seen Irish moss though so that will hold me back, haha. After checking out your other post on it I’m super curious about it :) I think coconut would be yummy too though.
Heidi @ Food Doodles recently posted..Roasted Garlic, and Finally – Some News!My Profile

Lori and Michelle October 18, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Heidi that is awesome about having a hazelnut tree!!! and do not be afraid of irish moss haha, though coconut would be great too!

(what runs) Lori October 18, 2011 at 2:35 pm

YUM! We have similar posts today!

I’m sorry about your photos!!! Are they on your camera (like if the sim card came out a bit…? does that make any sense?) So frustrating! But what awesome pics you still got!!
(what runs) Lori recently posted..Raw (and Paleo) Pumpkin Spiced Carrot Cake with Walnut Pumpkin FrostingMy Profile

Lori and Michelle October 18, 2011 at 3:17 pm

awesome Lori! great minds think alike :)

darian @ living and loving to sweat October 18, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Yay! I love finding recipes with no grains! These cupcakes look so yummy. Thanks :)

Lori and Michelle October 18, 2011 at 3:17 pm

thanks Darian!

jessie ann james October 18, 2011 at 3:31 pm

seriously looks amazing. this recipe will be happening in the james household this weekend! yum!! thanks again!
jessie ann james recently posted..Switching Up Your Fitness RoutineMy Profile

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) October 18, 2011 at 6:50 pm

I think these look and sound amazing! I mixed chia, almond milk and roasted pumpkin tonight for dessert. It was do good!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Guest Post…My Profile

Heathy October 18, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Yummy! Im totally in love with pumpkin things these days.. I’d like to eat a bowl of the topping alone! :)
Heathy recently posted..Thanksgiving GoodiesMy Profile

Laury @thefitnessdish October 18, 2011 at 7:21 pm

you girls are super creative. I am loving this recipe! perfect for fall!!!!!!!!
Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..What’s Your #Pound SignMy Profile

veganlisa October 18, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Amazing, amazing, amazing. Thank you for sharing!
veganlisa recently posted..Vegan MoFo Day 18: Mocha Brownie BlizzardMy Profile

Alicia @beingLA November 17, 2011 at 5:36 pm

These look yummy! I just need more time in my day to make all of your fun recipes :) :)
Alicia @beingLA recently posted..Look who’s Starbucks-Savvy now?My Profile

Gjesso December 25, 2011 at 7:13 am

This looks fantastic and sounds perfect to take to a monthly raw potluck in my area? How long do you soak the nuts before making the flour?