using apple cider vinegar on skin

by Lori and Michelle on November 7, 2011

good morning everyone!

today we wanted to give an update on where we stand now with our skin, face products, skin care routine, etc

the things we are about to mention have been working for us lately, we are starting to see results, slow but happening (we hope they can help some one else)

a quote that has helped us get through some of our really tough days with our skin

which doesn't kill us makes us stronger

how we are NOW clearing up our acne/poor skin?

we mentioned before that we like to use apple cider vinegar (ACV) on our face. we basically use ACV to clean our face instead of a regular toner. we put some apple cider vinegar on a clean cotton swab and rub over our face, gently. yes it burns some and our eyes water, but it works and we feel it is a great natural face cleaner.

using apple cider vinegar for cleaning face

when do we use ACV?

we use in the mornings. we do not wash our face in the mornings instead we just use ACV. followed by a moisturizer. if we wear makeup during the day, we sometimes do apple cider vinegar again at night after washing our face

apple cider vinegar

how else do we use apple cider vinegar?

we use it in salad dressings. we use it to bake with (making our own buttermilks).  most recently started to add a teaspoon to a cup of warm water in the morning to start our day. and we are going to try to increase our warm ACV water intake throughout the day to see how our bodies like it.

what is our face routine?

first – we really try to have a daily face routine. and if we get off the routine we notice problems. so traveling definitely puts a toll on our skin care routine.

second – we try not to over wash our face. wait a minute you are telling me if I have acne I am not supposed to wash my face? not exactly. what we are saying is that you can wash your face but don’t over do it!!  we now only wash our faces at night and just do AVC in the morning.

third – we are trying a new a face care product line that a reader recommended. we are looking forward to reporting our thoughts on the products here soon.

fourth – we increased our omega 3 intake. watching our ratio of omega 6 to 3s. more on that soon promise – it has been a very huge learning curve for us.

what else do we use to help with acne that is more natural and gentle for the skin?

• Coconut oil – we wash with it from time to time, especially if we wear makeup. it does wonders.
  • Joboba oil – another great oil we use almost daily. we put the oil on at night for a moisturizer. skin loves it.
  • Neem oil- so great for the skin! we feel this really helps calm our skin from inflammation, we like to use it as a spot treatment.
  • Castor oil – great to mix with coconut for cleansing the skin, great for makeup removal.
  • And Tea tree oil – only used for spot treatments. helps dry up those large pimples.

jojoba oil

neem oil and castor oil for clearing acne

we know there are a ton of girls (and guys) that struggle with breakouts, acne, etc. we are all here to help and support one another. so please no negative comments on this one, as this is one of the hardest things for us to talk about and deal with.

like we mentioned earlier that we are starting to see improvements in our skin, and we feel what we are now doing from skin care routine, to our stress levels, to the few vitamins we are taking, and the omega 3 intake all have helped. we will continue to share our findings and what works for our skin.

we wanted to share what we have been doing lately because we have been loving it. we have been feeling good with our new routine. we are more hopeful! optimistic! and really believe in what we are doing. as we are seeing results.

Twins Question: what are your favorite ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar? do you use ACV in baking? have you ever tried ACV in water before? tip: drinking a cup of AVC water before a meal can help with any digestion. have you tried any of those other natural products on your skin before? if so, which ones do you like?

L&M

Lauren November 7, 2011 at 7:39 am

I use ACV as toner all the time! I also like it on my salads! Lol, funny the multiple uses for ACV!
Lauren recently posted..New Products and Weekend EatsMy Profile

Michelle November 7, 2011 at 7:44 am

We LOVE acv!! Our 11yr old son uses it on his face when he breaks out and his face is clear in a couple days!! Now if we could only get him to use it on an every day basis instead of when he breaks out…..

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 at 10:10 am

Michelle that is great and oh yes maybe over time he will learn to use it everyday :)

Sherisse November 7, 2011 at 8:26 am

Hey thanks for this post! I love ACV and use it on my face as well. I also use it as a rinse for my hair and notice a huge difference since I started. Thanks!

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 at 10:11 am

Sherisse, we sometimes use it on our hair as well, need to keep up with it though ;)

Lisa November 7, 2011 at 8:34 am

I use ACV on my skin in the same way—-I love it! I once had a facial lady tell me it wasn’t a good idea, but I don’t think she knew what she was talking about!
I try to always use natural products…and in the past have really love the Living Libations oils (for washing and leaving on at night)…they work great, but are really expensive too!
Lisa recently posted..GIVEAWAY! SunWarrior Blend (the new stuff) plus: Powdered Peanut Butter, Almond Flour, Dalai Java Coffee, and Kelp NoodlesMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 at 10:12 am

haha Lisa yes we have gotten those comments as well – ‘what that will not work” but little do they know yes it does work! yay for ACV!

Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh November 7, 2011 at 8:38 am

This sounds great! I have always had terrible skin, and from time to time I get these flair ups…So I am definitely interested in trying some ACV every morning! Thanks so much for sharing your progress! :-)
Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh recently posted..I am Mama-hear me Rawr!My Profile

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 at 10:12 am

thanks Ari! let us know what you think :)

Kris | iheartwellness.com November 7, 2011 at 10:12 am

Hey Dolls!!

I love your skin posts…you both know I suffer with this too and now am dealing with all the red hyperpigmentation left behind on my cheeks :( So not nice.

I will tell you what has helped for me and maybe it will for you too!

First off, I know for myself it is all in my mind. I used to use my skin as a way for people to see I was unhappy, I never loved or even knew myself. It wasn’t until 6 months ago when I started taking my life coaching course could I actually tell myself “I Love You” this is what caused my skin.

I saw a Homeopath who dove deep into my troubled past and found a cure through that. I also started using what a friend in Arbonne Suggested, their facewash and line because its organic and vegan. Its very nice!

For me it was the actual “Stop thinking about it” and it slowed down. its not perfect yet, but we’re getting there!!

Love you girls!!!

xxoo

PS. Neem….ugh…it stinks! LOL
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Enter a New Mind and BodyMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 at 11:41 am

Kris HUGS! so glad to hear again that we are not the only ones dealing with skin issues, we still have a few pimples to get through but oh yes now it is the scarring left behind that we are working on, again not pretty. and yes the mind is so complicated!!! we are trying hard everyday to not think about the face and just love ourselves :) it is hard but we know it is worth it!! xoxo

Shay November 7, 2011 at 11:35 am

I’ve had some recent terrible trouble with acne, but I’ve learned to keep it simple: I was with Dr. Bronner’s peppermint (the mint is great for acne, apparently, and I swear by it!), use the natural sulfur serum from http://www.gardenofwisdom.com and then moisturize with 3 drops of jojoba after a spritz of plain water on my face. Pimples seriously GONE in under a week. I only have a few, but with a little makeup, you can hardly tell! I think you’re definitely on the right track there and I completely agree.
Shay recently posted..God RecyclesMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 at 11:41 am

Shay thank for sharing and glad to hear that you have found something that works!! YAY :) xoxo

katie @KatieDid November 7, 2011 at 11:46 am

For about 3 months I used ACV as conditioner and baking soda as shampoo- LOVED it! But eventually the build up got to be a little too much and I went back to shampoo and conditioner. I would love to give it a try on my face- I deal with skin issues all the time as well. They have improved exponentially since going gluten free but I still have room for improvement. Very happy for you two that you have come across a routine that seems to be helping, I know exactly how stressful face situations are.

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Katie we use baking soda as our shampoo too, though we rotate from using that and regular shampoo which we find helps.

darian @ living and loving to sweat November 7, 2011 at 12:03 pm

For the past few months I have really been breaking out on my chin (very unusual for me). I went to the doctor and was prescribed an antibiotic which I would have to take for a month and a half or more. I very very rarely take any sort of medication and have been determined to find a natural approach to clear up my skin and use the antibiotic only as the very last resort. I found the what has helped me the most so far is a B complex vitamin. However I have also noticed that when I eat more sweets then usual I start to break out again. So for now I am taking a B vit. and staying away from sugar. Thanks for the tips about the oils and the ACV, I will definitely be trying those as well.
darian @ living and loving to sweat recently posted..I’m going to Grandma’s House and I’m Bringing…My Profile

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Darian, yes we notice sugar effects our skin as well. Please look into those oils and ACV I think you will like it, and what we have noticed with pimples on the chin are related to hormones.

Lou November 7, 2011 at 12:10 pm

I LOVE apple cider vinegar… it’s seriously a magical thing. It’s the BEST hair conditioner ever, if you rinse your hair in a diluted ACV solution, it gets rid of any tangle and makes your hair so shiny. I use it on my face too, and if you drink 1/4t in 1C water half an hour before main meals, I find it really helps digestion (I used to have major stomach problems, and a naturopath told me to do this, works like a charm!)
Neem oil is fantastic too isn’t it? So much better to do things naturally :)
Lou recently posted..baby green monster ballsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Lou yes we love our neem oil!! so great

Lou November 7, 2011 at 12:11 pm

oh whoops, missed your last tip which was the same as mine. Doh. At least we can all digest happily now :)
Lou recently posted..baby green monster ballsMy Profile

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga November 7, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I have that Bragg’s ACV and use it in salad dressings. I need to try it on my face b/c I never knew you could do that…thanks for the tips!
Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga recently posted..Baked Vanilla Donuts with Vanilla GlazeMy Profile

Jess November 7, 2011 at 1:50 pm

hi guys :)
I use that same jojoba oil too! It’s a great make-up remover aswell. For me I found keeping it simple is most important. Sometimes when Im stressed and worried I’ll obsess over my skin and break out, but if I only splash my face with cool water for afew days, sometimes my skin gets lots better. Also laughing with friends, letting go of worries in my life and enjoying cakes and desserts seem to help my overall mood which makes my skin glow :) Ive experimented with lots of diets, treatments and things and have been struggling to find a balance with my health, skin and wellbeing for over 7 years. However i now realise that letting go of my obsession with acne has allowed it to heal and become much calmer :)

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Jess thank you so much for commenting! we totally agree with you 100%! cheers to worrying less and enjoying life ;) HUGS

Melissa @ Hot Chokolate Girl November 7, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I have noticed such a huge difference since I started using ACV as a facial toner too! I have also noticed that I have to be very conscientious about exfoliating my face at least once a day. I love 100% Pure products, especially their cocoa kona coffee scrub. It is a bit harsher than a sugar-based scrub, but it smells so good and doesn’t dissolve as quickly. I also really like Earth Mama Angel Baby and California Baby products, since they seem to be good for my sensitive skin. I feel like my skin behaves the majority of the time now, but I went through a year-long period after stopping bcp that was torture! Thanks for sharing the regimen that has been helping you!

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Thanks Melissa, and so glad to hear that we have another ACV lover out there too! and we love 100% pure products too especially their make-up! HUGS

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} November 7, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I have only used ACV in the kitchen but love the idea of using it on my skin. I’ll have to give this a try as I’m always looking for natural personal care ideas. Thanks!
Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} recently posted..White bean pumpkin pie dipMy Profile

Laura (the first mess) November 7, 2011 at 3:16 pm

I definitely understand what you guys are going through. I had the wooorst adult acne flare up that I’ve gotten over in the past year. I used the ACV toner but diluted it with water a bit. And this product: http://www.pureandsimple.ca/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1531&category_id=555&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27

I know it seems counterintuitive to slather oil on your face if you’re breaking out, but it cut down the inflammation and moisturized my face at night so well. I found that when I was using this, I was so moisturized that my skin wasn’t creating oil like crazy to overcompensate for the dryness. Her product line is really amazing overall if you’re seeking out something different.
Laura (the first mess) recently posted..chocolate salty tart + candy barsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 at 3:41 pm

thank you Laura we will have to look into that product. oh yes we love our oils on our face!!! xoxo

Ela November 7, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I’m glad you’re enjoying ACV in so many ways–I really think it’s good stuff. Sometimes I add a bit when I make fermented veggies too, and it’s great for the buttermilk effect.

So glad you’re trying neem oil too–I think it’s an unsung hero!
And I think I’m probably a bit paranoid about omega 3 to 6 ratio, but it’s definitely something worth keeping in mind–I’ll look forward to hearing more about that too.
Ela recently posted..Pictorial Friday–Birds, Berries, LeavesMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 at 3:42 pm

thanks ELA!!! :)

Christine (The Raw Project) November 7, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Very interesting on using ACV, I must try that. Great skin care post, thanks!
Christine (The Raw Project) recently posted..Foodbuzz Blogger Festival Sessions & TastingMy Profile

The Delicate Place November 7, 2011 at 5:30 pm

i never thought to use ACV as a toner?! i use it as a salad dressing and a cold remedy with lemon :) i used to use witch hazel as a toner but i was over drying my skin and causing more oil production leading to more breakouts. my skin is nearly flawless now but i have really backed off the products. i supplement 2g fish oil daily and use juice beauty cleanser and eminence organics lime refresh tonique and an oil free moisturizer. i try not to touch my face throughout the day and just be gentle when i wash (no more than 1min and gentle circles). my skin has chilled out for the last year so i must be doing something right for my skin :) best of luck to you both! i know it’s really hard time self esteem wise (i had bad breakouts a few years ago and at the end of my high school days).
The Delicate Place recently posted... . .spots. . .My Profile

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) November 7, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I bake and cook with it. Thank you for sharing this. I worry that the boys will hit that stage any time now and I want to know as much as possible so I can help them as naturally as I can.
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Insanity and Almost Doughnuts…My Profile

astrorainfall November 7, 2011 at 7:53 pm

I use ACV and baking soda as a clarifying “shampoo”….works amazingly well!
astrorainfall recently posted..This is goodbyeMy Profile

Laury @thefitnessdish November 7, 2011 at 8:08 pm

OMG! I use this too and I have a beauty post in the making on my favorite at home toner, facial, kitchen concoctions!!!

I also use ACV in a lot of things. Braggs as well! Salad dressing or if I am out of lemons I use it in place of that in baking or kale salad, kale chips, etc!

Girls after my own heart :-)
Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..Taking It InMy Profile

Jennifer November 7, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Thanks for this post! My skin has been a mess of late–I teach college but have the skin of a high schooler…grr. I really do think that I might be trying some of your tips!

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! November 7, 2011 at 9:38 pm

This is such a great post! you are so right about skin being hard to deal with… it’s the reason I don’t have many pictures of myself on my site!

I’ve been using acv&jojoba on my skin on and off for about a year, stopped for a while, and now i’m starting again. it really does work wonders.
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..I Run and Discover!My Profile

Rachel November 7, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Hey lori and michelle,

im just curious, do you guys actually like the smell of ACV? i mean i dont know if its just me, but i think ACV smells super foul! like i want to throw up whenever i smell it. everyone i know hates the smell of it but when i read about articles online, people drink it and like you guys, wash their faces. hahahha i guess some people like different smells! haha. all the best with the skin treatments guys! :D

Lori and Michelle November 8, 2011 at 5:45 am

Rachel good question, to be honest we do not notice any smell from having ACV maybe from using it for so long the smell has left. not sure but we never really noticed a smell.

Joy November 8, 2011 at 2:13 am

I love the idea of using acv as a toner. I’m going to try it tomorrow I hate how many chemicals I put on/in my body (I’m looking at you crystal light) so a natural product would be great

Emma (Emma+Jacob) November 8, 2011 at 2:35 am

I actually like ACV + water! No sweetener. Calms my tummy and wakes me up!

Re skin care, I find that when I break out, the spot treatment/gel from the Natural AcneDote line of Alba Botanical works wonders :D
Emma (Emma+Jacob) recently posted..Road Trip Picky EaterMy Profile

Desi@ThePalatePeacemaker November 8, 2011 at 6:00 am

Just wanted to give you girls a whole lot of love. As over the top as this sounds, it made me tear up a bit to read, “no negative comments on this one, as this is one of the hardest things for us to talk about and deal with.” Acne takes SUCH an emotional toll on a person. About this time last year, I abruptly began experiencing painful cystic acne and it seemed to come out of nowhere. Today, I’m nearly clear again (though with scars as reminders), and the journey hasn’t been an easy one! I’ve been working with a naturopathic doctor and my treatment has consisted mostly of a VERY strict anti-candida diet, liver cleansing and support, and rebalancing my hormones. However – the most potent treatment (I believe) has been the emotional healing I’ve done and simply letting go of control. As hippie-dippie as it may sound, I honestly believe acne is associated with our emotional health more than anything. If you two are open to it, I’d look into that more! And while you’re at it, check out The Love Vitamin (http://www.thelovevitamin.com/). Tracy does a beautiful job explaining the link between emotional health and skin, and providing a number of resources to learn more. Lastly (sorry this comment is EPIC), AVC rocks! I’ve been taking it internally for about a month, and I’ve noticed improved skin and improved health all around! I’m excited to hear your review of it later on. Thanks for being so brave and sharing your journey with us. It means a lot to me knowing I’m not alone. :)
Lots and lots of love,
Desi
Desi@ThePalatePeacemaker recently posted..Marzipan Almond ButterMy Profile

Elena November 8, 2011 at 9:42 am

Ladies, I love that you posted this info. I’m going to start buying ACV by the gallon, I kid you not. I drink two teaspoons in my water 3 times a day, as a dressing, as a candida flush, and now..with your suggestion…as a toner. I only tried it yesterday and obviously there are no miraculous effects, but you can tell there was a balance of oils immediately! Something my proactive toner can’t do.
Anyway, why its so miraculous? I have lupus and had inflammation levels that were shutting me down, slowly but surely. I have interstitial cystitis, compliments of lupus, and have a bladder that gets blocked and prone to infections. I haven’t worked out to BodyRock in two years :( because my knees and my hips were worn down and full of arthritis, tendonities, bursitis. You name it.
Once I started taking ACV (one month ago), my flexibility is coming back..fast, I can do power yoga again, my hands and feet aren’t painfully swollen, I can pee normally, so much so, that I forgot what it feels like!!! On top of that, I do Kimberly Snyders immunity tea every day, if not 2xs a day. In the first two weeks, my skin cleared out as well and my make up looks flawless again (because with lupus, I’m was just one flaky hot mess).

ACV saved my life and has given me the energy and clarity to live the detox life (because it takes hard work after all). I hope it helps you out in the long run. Big hugs for being such troopers and staying determined to solve the problems that hold us back from a calm mind!
Elena recently posted..The Beauty Detox Solution, I just can’t keep it to myself!My Profile

Lori and Michelle November 8, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Elena thank you so much for commenting!! so glad to hear that ACV has helped you in so many ways!!!! YAY
HUGS

Kay November 8, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I take ACV in water at the first sign of a bladder infection (sorry if this is TMI) and it clears it right up!!! It also helps with my gallbladder issues.
Kay recently posted..Morning on the Ranch.My Profile

jess @ cupcakes and kale November 8, 2011 at 3:29 pm

i’m already a huge organic ACV fan and am so happy to see this post too because i haven’t yet tried it as a toner! these days i’v been only using thayer’s witchhazel on my face and it’s great, but i’m still dealing with a bit of cystic ance. {something i always hoped i would “grow” out of, but seeing as i’m not 30 that doesn’t seem to be the case…}

so yes, looking forward to trying this on my face now! i also use my organic ACV as a hair conditioner {it makes it so shiny!}, in my vegan baking {for buttermilk} and i also make a preventative cold & flu tonic over the winter months with it. which reminds me, it’s about time for a seasonal batch!

thanks for sharing ladies :)
jess @ cupcakes and kale recently posted..pumpkin power smoothieMy Profile

Kristina @ spabettie November 8, 2011 at 4:13 pm

wow, girls, this is awesome!! I can’t wait to get home, I’m going to “wash” my face with ACV as soon as I do! ;) it’s really funny, I have used all kinds of natural things, the very first thing I used coconut oil and butter for was moisturizer (learned from one of my massage therapists years ago!), and I learned a bit in skincare school as well… but I’ve never thought of ACV – sort of like an astringent and toner all in one, yes?

I am terribly excited about this! I use ACV daily – I drink it in water, cook and bake with it, and now… YES I am excited to wash as soon as I get home! ;)
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..spinach blini with pimiento spreadMy Profile

Jen Garcia November 8, 2011 at 6:47 pm

I’ve replaced coffee w/ ACV drink. It works well for me, I’ve lost weight & feel more healthy overall! Great for blemishes & as a hair rinse.

Malia November 9, 2011 at 6:30 am

Hi!

I’m fairly new to the blog and I couldn’t help but share what helped me clear up acne.

I don’t eat any sugar. Not even as an ingredient! I use all natural sugar such as honey and maple syrup. I started this only because I got a terrible skin infection around my mouth and the doctor said to stay away from all refined sugar so I did and had awesome results! Even if you do low sugar that would help tons! I have no acne anymore and I lost 30lbs! I also wash my face right before I go to bed. It works so well I couldn’t help but share it:) I hope you don’t mind:)

Thanks for the tip!

Malia

Lori and Michelle November 9, 2011 at 7:10 am

Thanks Malia, we do eat a really low sugar diet. we feel it helps with our skin but we are still having issues somewhere else. but yes eating natural sugar is great and keeping it in low amounts works for us. :)

Sheila Dereba November 11, 2011 at 6:48 am

Healthy, natural and simple beauty solution right just in your kitchen.While I love Apple Cider Vinegar in my salad, I now have a great use for this. :)

Rachel November 11, 2011 at 11:00 am

Hi Ladies…I have recently found your blog and am loving it…especially all of your amazing recipes. I do not struggle with acne, but the opposite – dry skin. The products I am using now are Dr. Hauschka, which are all natural and have a great approach to skin care. They follow a “treat like with like” approach, so if your face is oily, use a day oil. They have some great info on their website. Here is a link: http://www.drhauschka.com/find-products-for-your-skin/7-facts.aspx
Good luck and keep the great recipes coming!

hihorosie November 13, 2011 at 12:03 am

never thought to use acv on my face. I’ll have to try it.
hihorosie recently posted..Thoughtful ThursdayMy Profile

Rachel November 13, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I’m a HUGE fan of ACV. I’ve used it as an immunity booster (drinking it in water) and also for stubborn plantar’s warts. I’ve recommended it to friends and patients as a natural remedy… It’s amazing, powerful stuff! Never thought of using it as a toner though, may have to try it!
Rachel recently posted..30 Pictures, 30 Days – Day 2My Profile

Sharyn November 14, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I just recently found your blog and I have also recently introduced ACV into my skincare routine! I can empathize with the acne struggles. It is a major source of frustration for me. Thank you for sharing.
Sharyn recently posted..Apple Cider VinegarMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 14, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Thank you Sharyn. Hope that you find relieve too!

Ulysses Zito November 17, 2011 at 8:09 am

I really respect what you’re writing here. Keep going that way. Take care!

ianna November 20, 2011 at 1:10 pm

I’ve used ACV to remove some unwanted moles on my face. At first I tried taping (using fabric medical tape) a cotton ball soaked with ACV on the moles but that was very slow going. So I used some fine grit sandpaper to scrape at the moles a little bit, then taped the ACV-soaked cotton balls for a few hours, and sometimes overnight.

It took about 5 or 6 days and they were gone! It burned a bit and made the skin around the moles look white and very tender, but after a couple of hours the skin turns back to its normal colour. When the moles had disappeared, I pierced a soft capsule of Vitamin E and dabbed the areas multiple times a day to help the skin recover nicely without scarring.

ALSO, I had a painful swollen lymph node that wasn’t getting any better. I read online that using a cottonball soaked in ACV would help it out. I did it a few times that day, and the next day it had drastically reduced in size and wasn’t painful anymore. The day after that it was gone! Sigh, ACV, you rock…

I also have acne (mostly due to cow’s milk products that I can’t help eating sometimes, but also due to stress), but I’ve not tried ACV to help with that. Can’t wait to try it out tonight! Thank you for this fantastic post!

ianna November 20, 2011 at 1:18 pm

oh, also it’s fabtastic for sore throats and coughs! Boil some water, put a nice amount of ACV in a quart jar (about 1/4 cup or more if you like), a couple tablespoons of honey, and about 10 slivers of fresh ginger. Fill it up with the boiling water, close the lid and let the ginger infuse for at least 15 minutes before you drink. I think it tastes marvy, altho my boyfriend haaaates it (but I still “force” him to drink it when he’s got a cough :) . I drink sips of it throughout the day rather than gulping it in one go so it keeps healing your throat as it goes down all day.

Mary Claudine December 22, 2011 at 10:05 am

Yet another great lesson from you girl! now I have another use for my ACV. And the comments here are feeding more and more brilliant ideas! love this!

Kelsey January 15, 2012 at 9:29 pm

who knew?! I love it! food as body products is my favorite. well, after EATING of course ;)

great post!

Tendersaz.com March 6, 2013 at 8:34 am

A friend linked me to this site. Thnx for the details.
Tendersaz.com recently posted..Tendersaz.comMy Profile