{socca} pumpkin lentil muffins

by Lori and Michelle on November 14, 2011

pumpkin lentil dense muffins

it has been a long time since we have made our beloved socca. we took a little break from eating socca since we were eating it like crazy. and we have noticed that our bodies do not do well with a lot of garbanzo beans. luckily for us socca can be made with other legumes and grains.

gluten free lentil muffins

these pumpkin flavored lentil socca muffins (as we like to call them) are delicious

healthy gluten free protein lentil muffinsa mix of sweet and savory just the way we like things.

these socca muffins are naturally gluten-free and vegan. and a-m-a-z-i-n-g. especially with the extra toppings!

gluten free muffin wtih yogurt toppingthe toppings are extra bonus . not needed for this socca recipe. these little dense muffins are great on their own. the lentils due have a little strong flavor so not really bold pumpkin flavor. but still nice overall!

healthy gluten free chocolate protein muffinpumpkin lentil socca muffin topped with a chocolate sauce

pumpkin butter topped lentil socca muffinpumpkin lentil socca muffin topped with our easy pumpkin butter and cacao nibs

vegan and gluten free yogurt muffinpumpkin lentil socca muffin topped with coconut yogurt and drizzled with yacon syrup

do we need to say more how over the top perfect these socca muffins were

just in case we shall share more pictures. why? because we can and because we took a lot.

pumpkin flavored lentil fiber filled muffinsperfect healthy high fiber protein snack.  if left ‘topless’ they are a great choice for a grab and go gluten-free snack.

and so satisfying. what else could you ask for, right?

ok maybe the recipe.

slice of chocolate lentil muffin

gluten-free pumpkin lentil socca muffins that are sure to satisfy any craving.

Michelle taking some Instagram and facebook photos. a little behind the scenes action here

chocolate lentil socca muffin

time to go dream of more socca ideas.

we are still working on our socca cookbook, we apologize for taking so long with it. just hard to find the time, promise we shall have it up soon. this recipe gave us the little motivation we needed to finish it.

Twins Question: what topping would you put on your pumpkin lentil socca muffins?

L&M

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free November 14, 2011 at 9:20 am

This recipe looks amazing girls!!! Do you think I could make it with garbanzo bean flour? I wish I could use lentil, but my little blender is not strong enough!
Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free recently posted..Sugar Free ThoughtsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 14, 2011 at 11:05 am

Alex, yes garbanzo bean flour would be just fine!

Anna @ On Anna's Plate November 14, 2011 at 9:49 am

Yum– love how dense these look!
Anna @ On Anna’s Plate recently posted..Pom CrazyMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 14, 2011 at 11:05 am

thank Anna, I know love the rich dense texture of these :)

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 14, 2011 at 9:55 am

Socca is magical. Mufffffinnnssss
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..It’s genetic.My Profile

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 14, 2011 at 10:37 am

These sound so fun! Thanks for bringing the socca back. I have an opened can of pumpkin in my fridge just looking for a good use!
Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather recently posted..twice baked potatoes {secret recipe club}My Profile

Amanda November 14, 2011 at 10:38 am

I just recently found your blog, and I’m so happy I did! Your recipes look delicious and the photography is beautiful.

I’ve never tried lentil flour, but will have to give it a try. I’m assuming I can just grind my own in my vitamix?
Amanda recently posted..Easing into MondayMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 14, 2011 at 11:06 am

Amanda glad you found our blog too! welcome!!
and yes lentil flour is just done in vita-mix, we list how to do it under the directions for recipe as well :)

Lauren November 14, 2011 at 11:53 am

Wow, these look amazing! You girls come up with the best ideas!
Lauren recently posted..An Engaging WeekendMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 14, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Thanks Lauren!!

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles November 14, 2011 at 12:09 pm

They look so dense and filling! Plus pumpkin…you can’t go wrong.
Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles recently posted..The Mindful Eating ProjectMy Profile

Juliane @ C'est moi à Paris November 14, 2011 at 1:29 pm

I already made your nutella biscottis twice! These are so fast and easy to make and oh so tasty! Thanks again for the great recipe!
Juliane @ C’est moi à Paris recently posted..Paris elektrisiert michMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 14, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Juliane awesome! so glad to hear that you enjoy them as much as we do ;)

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance November 14, 2011 at 3:04 pm

These look SO delicious! I’m with Alex though, I’ll have to try them with garbanzo bean flour because my blender is very cheap and can barely blend my smoothies. Lentils might be a long shot for the poor thing haha
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Bahamas Cruisin’ RecapMy Profile

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! November 14, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Your creativity with ingredients is amazing. Never would have thought to use lentil flour for a muffin! I think I’d have to go with chocolate sauce on this one. I’m a sucker for anything chocolate.
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Photo-ful WeekendMy Profile

ela November 14, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Yummy! I adored the original pumpkin lentil socca, and I bet they’re great as muffins–dense and delicious. I would put home-made coconut kefir on top, maybe slightly sweetened and mixed with some orange zest. Or some of that hazelnut cheese I put on the pumpkin socca!
ela recently posted..Getting Ready to Leave 2 (Challenges)–Driving Away From the StormMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 14, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Ela that sounds wonderful!

Alyssa (Down To Earth) November 14, 2011 at 5:41 pm

You girls introduced me to socca through your blog. Ever since I read your recipes for it, I’ve been so intrigued but scared to make it because of the flipping in the pan part! However, now with this muffin pan recipe, I think I’ll give socca a go! Thank you for sharing :)
Alyssa (Down To Earth) recently posted..”R-E-C-Y-C-L-E: Recycle!” A guide to the symbols.My Profile

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) November 14, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I need socca too! I haven’t had it in a while either. I’m out of chickpea flour and the craving is driving me crazy! These sound delicious!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Random Weekend…My Profile

emma November 14, 2011 at 8:23 pm

These look soo good! I would never think to use lentils, thanks for letting us know that is an option.
I think that some almond or coconut butter on top would be fabulous… : )
emma recently posted..Easy Breezy and 11.11.11 practiceMy Profile

Liz @ iheartvegetables November 14, 2011 at 8:27 pm

You ladies are SO amazing!!! Seriously, how do you think of these things?!
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..Ginger-ObsessedMy Profile

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga November 15, 2011 at 12:44 am

the recipe is great but the photos are SPECTACULAR!!! Some of your best ever. I love them. Love the contrasts in the colors, the angles, the whole composition…beautiful!
Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga recently posted..Peeks & LikesMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 15, 2011 at 8:24 am

thanks Averie!

LizAshlee November 15, 2011 at 5:56 am

What an interesting recipe…love the sweet n savory idea!!
LizAshlee recently posted..Food & Fitness Fall TransitionsMy Profile

Desi@ThePalatePeacemaker November 15, 2011 at 7:13 am

These just look plain GORGEOUS. I’m loving your no sweetener recipes… even though I have yet to try one! Maybe I’ll make this one my first. Your creativity is admirable, ladies! :)

Elizabeth November 15, 2011 at 7:32 am

What color lentils did you use? I have black, green and red at home.

Lori and Michelle November 15, 2011 at 8:25 am

Elizabeth we used green lentils.

Laury @thefitnessdish November 15, 2011 at 6:55 pm

I have yet to try your infamous SOCCA and this recipe looks amazing!!! I wish you guys shot with a Canon since the Nikon is all foreign to me. Your pics are just so beautiful!!
Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..Review: Joy Bauer’s Food CuresMy Profile

Health Bee November 16, 2011 at 1:17 am

What a lovely and delicious looking recipe. Love the pumpkin butter topping.

jb November 17, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I used to make socca all the time, but I haven’t in a long while. I’ll have to give these muffins a try, especially since they’re pumpkin!

liz December 10, 2011 at 7:01 am

can i use the chickpea flour that i already have? these look adorable!

Lori and Michelle December 10, 2011 at 8:30 am

Liz yes you can use chickpea flour, we have a lot more recipes using it here – http://www.pure2raw.com/socca-tribute/

Lisa is Raw on $10 a Day (or Less) December 10, 2011 at 3:26 pm

oh. my. these look awesome … and the photography is spectacular!
Lisa is Raw on $10 a Day (or Less) recently posted..Ghosts of Christmas rePast … Penni Shelton and RFR Raw for the Holidays!My Profile

Morgan January 7, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Just made these, but used sweet potato puree instead. SO GOOD! Thanks for the creative and easy recipe :)

Lori and Michelle January 8, 2012 at 9:40 am

awesome Morgan so glad to hear it! YUM

shannonmarie (rawdorable) January 15, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I love this idea. They look SO GOOD!

Brooke August 30, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I can’t have garbanzo bean socca and these are an AWESOME substitute!! So good.

Lori and Michelle September 6, 2012 at 1:22 pm