holiday food

by Lori and Michelle on November 20, 2011

sorry for no post yesterday. things are busy here. holidays are approaching. work needs to be done. enjoying time with family is in the works. so since we did not get a post up yesterday, we combined two in one.

promise fun and yummy things coming!

coming up – we have two cookbook reviews coming soon. one is from a friend, Robyn, about traveling in the raw. if you do not know of girl on raw, then you are missing out. Robyn is amazing and we very grateful to call her a friend. and second one comes from a wonderful cookbook by Julie Morris – Superfood Cuisine: Cooking with Nature’s Most Amazing Foods.  we are pretty excited about browsing this book for great recipes!!

now onto food, more specifically food for the Thanksgiving holiday:

shredded brussel sprout hash with pecan butter sauce

chocolate cheesecake

raw chocolate cream cakebaked pumpkin pie

gluten free vegan pumpkin pie

baked pumpkin donuts

pumpkin mousse

vegetable socca stuffing

apple pie layered parfait

and of course our new unbaked mini chocolate pumpkin pie tarts.

hoping to have a wonderful meal like last year’s Thanksgiving feast.

plus check out these amazing recipes that we cannot wait to make as well.

sprouted kitchen’s crusted butternut squash

oh she glows’s high protein garlic mashed potatoes

the diva dish’s lemon tahini roasted garlic brussel sprout dip

sweetly raw’s pumpkin mousse

mama pea’s pumpkin molasses cookie dough balls

eating bird food’s pumpkin bread

detoxinista’s gingerbread latte

Twins Question: Are you looking forward to the holiday? have you gathered your favorite meals? will you be with family this holiday?

better get in the kitchen, lots of food to make

till next time

Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh November 20, 2011 at 8:20 am

I am looking forward to the holiday so much! I can’t wait to spend time with family! :-)
Such Yummy recipes!! I really want to try that chocolate cheesecake!! And thanks so much for the shout out ladies! You guys are awesome :-) !
Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh recently posted..Lemon Tahini Roasted Garlic Brussel Sprout DipMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 20, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Ari your recipe looked amazing!

Liz @ iheartvegetables November 20, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Uhhh can I have the cheesecake served with the chocolate mousse?? mmk thanks ;)
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..Granola [for the Man]My Profile

Lori and Michelle November 20, 2011 at 7:09 pm

You got it Liz

Brooke Jones November 20, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Hello girls!! I found your blog on Made By Girl’s contributor’s page as I’m a fellow contributor. I found out this last week that I have Hashimoto disease and have to eat gluten free and pasteurized milk free for the rest of my life. I am SOOO grateful I was linked up with your blog!! You may have just saved my Thanksgiving.

Lori and Michelle November 20, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Brooke Jones – so happy you found us and yay for being a contributor!! we are so excited to be working with Jen and fellow bloggers like you!! Let us know if you need help with anything, our email is twins@pure2raw.com :)

Kris | iheartwellness.com November 20, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Mmmm I love the holiday!!!! We’ve already had our thanksgiving up here in Canada already, so I’m just ready for Christmas!!!! Let the holiday baking begin!! I think I love the baking the most and HAVE to try these donuts….swoon!!!!

xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Feeling Guilt Over Taco Del MarMy Profile

Brittany November 21, 2011 at 5:30 am

As always, your recipes look amazing. I am particularly intrigued by the socca stuffing!

Thanks for including my pumpkin bread recipe. :) Have a great week ladies!!

Brittany recently posted..Easy Pumpkin Pie MousseMy Profile

Anna @ The Guiltless Life November 21, 2011 at 10:11 am

So many great recipes! We’ve already had our Thanksgiving up here in Canada but I can’t wait to try some of these out at Christmas time!
Anna @ The Guiltless Life recently posted..Your Thanksgiving Dessert: Almond Apple TorteMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 21, 2011 at 12:12 pm

thanks!

Lauren November 22, 2011 at 11:26 am

So many delicious ideas!
Lauren recently posted..Busy Busy Busy!My Profile

Lori and Michelle November 22, 2011 at 1:01 pm

thanks girl!

LizAshlee November 25, 2011 at 6:48 am

Such great ideas…I can’t wait to check out Robyn’s site..thanks for sharing!! :)
LizAshlee recently posted..Mint Chocolate Almond MilkMy Profile