{unbaked} mini cocoa cookie biscotti

by Lori and Michelle on November 1, 2011

raw vegan chocolate biscotti

today we have a fun and very easy recipe, perfect for a holiday treat to make yourself,  give to a friend or take to a holiday party.  something about thinking of the holidays always makes us so happy and giddy

nothing says I love you more than chocolate, right? and everything is better as mini’s, right?

Gillian these have your name all over it

hazelnut biscotti that is raw

a little chocolate…hint of spice…soft cookies that only take two bites to devour

why biscotti? well we are in love them…we make them all the time at Twin Cakes and it has been awhile since our last no bake chocolate pecan biscotti

why unbaked? because it is quick and easy

why chocolate? why not

why hazelnuts? because tired of almonds

gluten free vegan biscotti

yes we are aware that traditional biscottis are known as twice baked cookies and ours are not even baked! we call them biscotti because of the shape and cookie because they are soft. you can name these anything you would like

chocolate hazelnut unbaked soft biscotti cookie

now if you do not feel like making homemade biscotti, you are in luck we make three amazing flavors in our bakery. trust me they are addicting….in a good way! right Gillian and Gena ;)

raw vegan hazelnut chocolate biscotti

now that we have you craving a mini chocolate raw biscotti  you better go make yourself some.

these are rich in chocolate but not overly sweet. just the way we like them.

Twins Question: are you already getting into the holiday spirit? if so, what recipes do you have in the works? do you like mini treats? are you tired of almonds like we are, so many great nuts out there that do not get any attention haha

Gena November 1, 2011 at 6:28 am

Absolutely beautiful biscotti! I’ll definitely be trying this around the holidays :)
Gena recently posted..Sweet Potato and Beet Nori RollsMy Profile

Anna @ On Anna's Plate November 1, 2011 at 6:52 am

Mmmmm…it’s like a nutella spice cookie!!! Yum!
Anna @ On Anna’s Plate recently posted..ShockerMy Profile

Gillian November 1, 2011 at 7:29 am

WORLDS BEST BISCOTTI!!!!! I will try to make this…but also order some more, because you gals are the best :)
Gillian recently posted..while i’m goneMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 1, 2011 at 8:59 am

xoxo thanks girl

Krissy November 1, 2011 at 7:35 am

Omggg i am sooo excited u posted this recipe! Your biscotti is my fav treat ever!!! xo can’t wait to try to make them on my own! Although I know they can never be as good as yours :)

Lori and Michelle November 1, 2011 at 8:59 am

Krissy these are a little different than the ones we sell, cannot share that recipe yet ;)

Evan Thomas November 1, 2011 at 7:53 am

These sound delicious. I’m really more of a fan of soft cookies than hard so this is my kind of “biscotti”
Evan Thomas recently posted..How To Make Pumpkin PureeMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 1, 2011 at 8:59 am

Evan we love both types of cookies – hard and soft, haha :)

Nicole @ Making Good Choices November 1, 2011 at 8:18 am

There look amazing! I love how easy they are to make. I bet they’d be awesome dipped in chocolate too!
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..Trick or Treat! Best Halloween Candy Choices!My Profile

Lori and Michelle November 1, 2011 at 8:58 am

Yes Nicole the first time we made them we dipped in chocolate :) yum

the delicate place November 1, 2011 at 8:22 am

omg drool. i like the idea of nutella but find the stuff too sickly sweet. you guys are amazing…raw, vegan, gluten free and prob tastes incredible! i am totally getting into the spirit. i’ve been drinking decaf peppermint green tea from trader joes with a splash of almond milk lately :)
the delicate place recently posted..birthday goodies!My Profile

Lori and Michelle November 1, 2011 at 8:58 am

thanks girl! tis the season haha

natalie (the sweets life) November 1, 2011 at 8:32 am

you said two words i love: mini and nutella! these are a GREAT creation!
natalie (the sweets life) recently posted..Autumn Chopped SaladMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 1, 2011 at 8:58 am

thanks natalie

Lara @beingLA November 1, 2011 at 10:23 am

I love the idea of the mini biscotti. I was at the farmer’s market last week and a lady was selling normal-size biscottis that were delicious but too much sugar for one sitting. I will have to make these for a yummy, mini treat! Thanks girls!
Lara @beingLA recently posted..Slim Tips to Jumpstart November!My Profile

Lisa November 1, 2011 at 11:27 am

So cute! I bet these are delish :)
I lov everything in mini-size…and lots of times I eat my desserts with the smallest utensils I can find…to make it last longer :)
Lisa recently posted..Oranges vs. Candy (and the Oranges Won!)My Profile

Lauren November 1, 2011 at 11:29 am

I will take some! Yummy! Love this idea!
Lauren recently posted..A Snowy Halloween!My Profile

Erica November 1, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Not in the holiday spirit here yet! I think because I”m seriously scared of holiday shopping! These look perfect- the texture looks amazing- rockin hazelnuts!
Erica recently posted..Birthday Brunch & Football Food:PizzaMy Profile

katie @KatieDid November 1, 2011 at 12:35 pm

I’m dying to try macadamia nuts but I still haven’t been able to find any unsalted ones (I don’t like salted nuts very much for some reason). These treats are too cute!

Lori and Michelle November 1, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Katie we do not liked salted nuts either, not a big fan of salt

Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh November 1, 2011 at 1:03 pm

ummm can we be neighbors? I think I would come over everyday and steal your yummy treats! :-)
These look amazing!!
Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh recently posted..Boo! A Halloween Poem!My Profile

Lori and Michelle November 1, 2011 at 4:14 pm

yes! wish we were :)

Juliane @ C'est moi à Paris November 1, 2011 at 1:24 pm

My supermarket was out of almond meal so I had to buy hazelnut meal instead, so your recipe comes absolutely handy! I bet they taste like nutella which I can’t eat because I am vegan. But now I can! Thank you!
Juliane @ C’est moi à Paris recently posted..Bei Nacht wird Paris noch schönerMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 1, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Juliane it was meant to be!!

Kris | iheartwellness.com November 1, 2011 at 1:54 pm

OMG! Hello Hazelnuts!! I love these filberts….so delicious and just ooze the taste of dessert, I love it! I knew I had to check your blog out today!!

xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Spicy Sea Salted Pumpkin SeedsMy Profile

Nada (One Arab Vegan) November 1, 2011 at 2:50 pm

these look great! love that they’re raw AND no-bake :)
Nada (One Arab Vegan) recently posted..Vegan Mofo Round Up + Belated BlogiversaryMy Profile

Heidi November 1, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Now those look incredible! I love that you’ve been using hazelnuts lately because I always have some of those around, plus hazelnut and chocolate is such a yummy combo :D

Lori and Michelle November 1, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Heidi yes great combo!

Ela November 1, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I just made a hazelnut frangipane instead of almonds–because Phil brought hazelnuts back from OR!

Holiday spirit with some serious dressing up yesterday, and I just ordered some pili nuts to try–haven’t had them since I lived in HI, will keep you posted!
Ela recently posted..Hallowe’en PicsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 1, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Ela we are always thinking the same :) yes keep us posted

kendall November 1, 2011 at 6:59 pm

these look amazing! if there anywhere near as good as the cardamom biscotti i got from twin cakes, i’m all over this recipe.

sorry if someone has asked you this before, but i’m wracking my brain and can’t come up with a solution. do you have any recommendations on a good sub for coconut flakes? my boyfriend just hates coconut but i want to be able to try these (and other recipes with coconut in them) and make him taste test. do you think rolled oats would work? and just add a little extra sweetness?

your blog is part of my morning ritual. thanks for being so awesome!

Lori and Michelle November 1, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Kendall, thank you. these biscotti are a little different than than the ones we sell. each good in their own way :) and in terms of coconut flour you could try oats with sweetness. or you could do a mix of nut flour and oats.

Laury @thefitnessdish November 1, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I want these NOW!!! Looks amazing and love how they are no bake and no flour!

Also…been meaning to ask you girls…I have been making a double chocolate walnut biscotti for years it’s my familys fav cookie I make. Anyway…I want to try to do it GF over the holidays for a few friends/clients that can’t tolerate gluten. I make a few batches every year…and I am so afraid it’s going to ruin the recipe. What types of flours do you find work best with cookies? I usually use a mix of white and whole wheat pastry flour, so need to sub for them. Thanks!
Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..Chocolate GanacheMy Profile

Heather J November 1, 2011 at 7:18 pm

I just made these and they are delicious! So rich and amazing. I used half as much hazelnut butter instead of whole nuts and it worked out just fine (though a little stickier). Thanks for the nice treat :)

Lori and Michelle November 1, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Heather – awesome!!! glad to know they worked with hazelnut butter. enjoy :)

Heathy November 1, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Yummy, love chocolate and hazelnut together!
Heathy recently posted..Order Raw Chocolate Caramel Pecan Turtles… and a Giveaway!My Profile

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 2, 2011 at 5:24 am

These look amazing- anything chocolate + hazelnut is great in my book! And I’m SO in the holiday sprit. It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Buffet PresentationMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 2, 2011 at 5:46 am

Amen to that girl :)

Matt @ FaveDiets November 2, 2011 at 6:13 am

This looks so unbelievably good! I’m not much of a baker, so this is definitely something up my alley.
Matt @ FaveDiets recently posted..Happy Halloween!My Profile

hihorosie November 2, 2011 at 9:54 am

Cute! Love mini anything! And chocolate… :) This does seem super simple. I need to pick up some hazelnuts.
hihorosie recently posted..HalloweenMy Profile

Lori November 2, 2011 at 4:17 pm

I LOVE how cute these are, the ingredients, and that they are raw!! Pretty pictures too!
Lori recently posted..Roasted Pumpkin Soup & Tower Bridge Bistro for Sacramento’s Vegan Chef ChallengeMy Profile

Anastasia@healthymamainfo.com November 8, 2011 at 10:43 pm

I must make them! So cute and RAW!!!!

derek wilkins November 10, 2011 at 12:49 am

Would be alright to add some hemp oil to the biscotti recipe

Lori and Michelle November 10, 2011 at 7:57 am

I do not see why not. It might just change the flavor or texture, but should still be fine.

chris July 5, 2012 at 5:34 am

Are these like the biscotti you sell?

If you don’t have hazelbuts, what else can you use?

Lori and Michelle July 5, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Hello Chris no these are not like our biscotti we sell as these are not dehydrated. We dehydrate the ones we sell, this recipe are more of a soft cookie.

You can use any nut!