{unbaked} mini pumpkin chocolate pie tarts

by Lori and Michelle on November 18, 2011

yummy pumpkin pie recipe that is vegan

Happy Friday Friends!!!

we are so excited that it is finally Friday. for a few reasons.

one being that it is almost Thanksgiving time, which means spending time with our family. and two, we have an amazing recipe to share today with you that is going to be a must make Thanksgiving recipe for us. we hope you all enjoy it as much as we did!

creamy vegan raw pumpkin pie tart

when thinking of recreating a pumpkin pie recipe we browsed through some of our older post that we shared pumpkin pie recipes like our baked vegan pumpkin pie, layered cranberry pumpkin mini kremcakes, and our pumpkin mousse.

with so many ideas running through our heads we finally decided on a recipe to make. and it turned out amazing!

creating the crust we took our raw mallomar cookie recipe and tweaked the recipe some. one being that we wanted the crust to be chocolate. we have been enjoying mixing chocolate and pumpkin together.  for the filling we used our beloved irish moss paste to make it creamy yet with no nuts. plus why not have a healthy pumpkin pie recipe that is filled with vitamins and minerals! and we wanted a dessert that made us feel great eating.  no food coma after enjoying these pumpkin pie tarts.

why we used irish moss, besides from the health benefits, we used it instead of nuts because we have been enjoying lots of nuts lately and wanted something different.

pumpkin pie tarts that are raw foods

this recipe is mostly raw. we used canned pumpkin instead of using raw pureed pumpkin. we did this because we had canned pumpkin to use up before heading out of town. this recipe can be made with raw pureed pumpkin if that is what you would like to do.

also instead of the irish moss paste you can use coconut butter and omit the coconut oil.  these unbaked mostly raw gluten free mini pumpkin pie tarts are so easy to make too!

the filling is a perfect light creamy texture with pumpkin pie spice shining through. and the crust is not overly sweet nor chocolate. to us it was just the right amount of chocolate flavor.

perfect healthy thanksgiving pumpkin pie recipeafter one bite we kept coming back for more. that is how delicious this recipe is. made from natural wholesome ingredients that just scream thanks.

with so many great pumpkin pie recipes out there we wanted to recreate one this year using some of our favorite ingredients. and we wanted it to be easy to make, low in sugar, and simple. this is one of the main reasons why we created this recipe. both of us are going to be celebrating the holiday separately and wanted a recipe that both of us could whip up quickly.

making raw gluten free pumpkin pie chocolate crust

press crust into pie tart shells

vegan gluten free dairy free pumpkin pie mousse filling filling for pumpkin pie tartsgrab a spoon and fill in your tart pans

pumpkin pie gluten free thanksgiving recipe

devour! well that is what we did.

now those pumpkin pie tarts scream Thanksgiving…what do you think?

the perfect vegan family friendly pumpkin pie recipe

we were not really planning on creating a raw pumpkin pie necessarily we just were looking for an easy pie recipe that was filled with ingredients that we love.  this recipe is easy to make and is perfect for those looking for a nice healthy alternative to traditional pumpkin pie recipes. plus we like our pumpkin pies cold, so it made sense for us to make an unbaked version.

go now and make these easy unbaked pumpkin pie tarts for yourself this holiday season. we promise you will be glad you did!

unbaked dairy free pumpkin pie recipe

Twins Question: What are you looking forward to making for Thanksgiving dinner? any new recipes you are trying out? do you like your pumpkin pie cold or warm?

L&M

Laury @thefitnessdish November 18, 2011 at 8:59 am

FANTASTIC JOB GIRLS!

Ugh you are giving me yet ANOTHER recipe I need to add to my “to make” list next week! Looks so amazing!!!
Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..Friday Five ~ Thanksgiving RoundupMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 18, 2011 at 9:48 am

Thanks Laury!

Laury @thefitnessdish November 18, 2011 at 9:00 am

PS–when you get a chance….I added the “prin this” plugin but don’t know how to use it LOL. Could you girls fill me in when you get a sec?

Lori and Michelle November 18, 2011 at 9:49 am

Yes I will email you about how to use it

Maaike November 18, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Hi! Just wondering how many people this is for – the mini tart pans look so small in the picture that shows your hand. We have at least 4 vegan/gluten free/vegetarians at our Thanksgiving plus 7 omni’s, I’d love to make this! Thanks for continuing to make fantastic treats, dips, breads, and socca’s!

Lori and Michelle November 18, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Maaike I would say it would serve 2-4 people.

Alicia @beingLA November 18, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Wow! You two never cease to amaze me with your creative recipes and stunning pictures. Like Laury said above, I have yet another recipe I need to try…and I definitely need to buy some of the molds you use. Thank you girls and I hope you both have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)
Alicia @beingLA recently posted..Skinny Pumpkin Pie PuddingMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 18, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Thanks Alicia!! HUGS

Heathy November 18, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Yummy!!! I’ll have a tart please ;)
I made pumpkin cheesecake yesterday…. eating it tonight with guests. So excited! :)
Heathy recently posted..Luscious Pumpkin Mousse RecipeMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 18, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Heathy sending one your way :)
Have fun eating those pumpkin cheesecakes with friends! SOUNDS YUMMY

Alisa November 18, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Brilliant job ladies! I love the flavor pairing. I need to get little tart pans like that. Single serve desserts are so much more fun!
Alisa recently posted..Pacific Foods Organic 7 Grain Milk – Original and VanillaMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 19, 2011 at 9:48 am

Thank you so much Alisa. Yes get yourself some tart pans :)

Z.Grimm November 19, 2011 at 2:06 am

I’m eating at a friend’s parent’s house again this year (I have no family where I live, they’re all 1000 miles away). Her mom knows I’m trying to eat a more plant-based diet, and asked if I’d like her to make a nice vegetable casserole. I was so pleased that she was trying to take me into account. I’m going to make her some pumpkin cookies to say “thanks”. :)
Z.Grimm recently posted..Review #4: Larabar’s Lemon Bar FlavourMy Profile

Lori and Michelle November 19, 2011 at 9:48 am

Z. Grimm that is awesome! yay for veggies and pumpkin cookies ;) hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh November 19, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Such beautiful colors!! I am in love!! They are so cute in the mini tart pans! I love cold no bake pies! They are my favorite :-) !
Hopefully I can add these to out thanksgiving menu! :-)
Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh recently posted..Lemon Tahini Roasted Garlic Brussel Sprout DipMy Profile

Casey Lorraine November 19, 2011 at 8:17 pm

These look phenomenal ladies! I’ll be sharing this for sure :) xx
Casey Lorraine recently posted..Video: Healing Your Relationship With Food And SelfMy Profile

LizAshlee November 23, 2011 at 6:57 am

Wow, this recipe looks amazing!! I want one of those…right now! :)
LizAshlee recently posted..Raw Pumpkin PieMy Profile

Alex February 20, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Yummy recipe!
Do you think that the crust base could be used for a raw cookie dough?…trying to make a good chocolate cookie recipe without nuts ;-)
you girls are amazing!

Lori and Michelle February 20, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Alex yes it might work for that, give it a shot :) we also have this recipe http://www.pure2raw.com/2010/12/inside-out-chocolate-chip-truffles/ that we enjoy when making nut free raw cookie basis as well!

Barbie November 25, 2013 at 5:55 am

I just found your website and I’m obsessed!! I have ulcerative colitis so I have to avoid sesame seeds so should I just use all coconut flour? Cashews are the only nut that I can eat, which is awesome for vegan and raw baking ;)

Lori and Michelle January 3, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Barbie you can use another nut or see for the sesame seeds