what we have been up to lately

by Lori and Michelle on December 15, 2011

hello luvs!

we are so happy to hear everyone’s wish list items for Christmas. we hope one day you all get everything on your list!

we have been busy over here…like most people are this time of year.

why does the end of the year always go by so fast? before we know it we will be celebrating the new year! scary. but exciting.

online orders for Christmas holidayrunning around like crazy women fulfilling and mailing out Twin Cakes orders.

yogurt and coffee healthy breakfast

mornings have been looking like these yogurt bowls with spirulina and Udo Oil along with a little java

to be honest are eats have been a little scattered these past few days. though we have managed to still eat most of our typical eats along with some yummy extras. love this time of year!

yummy healthy dinner

been eating lots of yummy salads to get us through these busy days

eggs and tahini salad delicious and healthy

seriously love our salads, this one we tried eggs with a little tahini on top – holy yum! so good.

mini donut pan for Christmas gift

finally had a few hours before a business meeting to go do some Christmas shopping. always a fun time.

making gluten free mini donuts

attempting another mini donut recipe – we think we might have a winner!!

plus we have been doing well with our workouts. they have been a little shorter then normal but still making time for them! it is all about balance and finding time, even if it is only 7 minute long workout. which we have done one this week.

Twins Question: What are your family’s holiday traditions? Do you have any? Do like having traditions or do you like doing something new each year?

L&M

Other things that have sparked our interest lately:

Holiday gift ideas for dudes by our dear friend Gina

baked rutabaga chips – yes please.

learning more about camera -ISO from the lovely Ashley

5 foods you thought were healthy but aren’t – interesting – Twin Cakes products always a safe healthy choice ;)

over the rainbow cabbage salad with tahini-lemon dressing by the amazing Angela… this sounds heavenly!

10 best workout videos on you tube from Shape — yay for bodyrock!

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather December 15, 2011 at 8:58 am

Sounds like you girls are still doing an awesome job getting those veggie and greens in! I’ve definitely been doubling up on the sweets three past couple days and need to get back on track.

Enjoy the busy holiday season! Cant wait to see how your new donut recipe!
Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather recently posted..top 10 reasons I love being a group fitness instructorMy Profile

Lori and Michelle December 15, 2011 at 10:14 am

thanks Heather, same here need to cut back a little :)

The Delicate Place December 15, 2011 at 11:31 am

i love eggs & tahini! i’ve been buying TJs horsey hummus lately and spreading it over eggs with salsa authentica. it’s so good! this is prob a bad time for to be talking about food, my mouth is all numb from getting three fillings today! hurry up mouth, un-numb yo self!
The Delicate Place recently posted..salmon stuffed portabella capsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle December 15, 2011 at 11:38 am

aww so sorry Melissa, hurry up mouth ;) HUGS

Alicia @beingLA December 15, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Every year we go to a family friend’s house for dinner and then make hot chocolate to take with us as we walk around their neighborhood (it’s decked out with Christmas lights). Thousands of people visit their neighborhood each year and it’s so much fun to see all of the excitement!
Alicia @beingLA recently posted..Favorite Party Dishes & Workouts!My Profile

Lori and Michelle December 15, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Alicia that sounds like an amazing time and experience!!

Sam December 15, 2011 at 12:26 pm

yeah tahini!! loving all these links. thanks for sharing :)

found you through fitfluential :)

Lori and Michelle December 15, 2011 at 2:41 pm

thanks Sam! glad you found us!

(what runs) Lori December 15, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Mini Donuts! Yum! I’ve gotta try your recipes… like now.
And man you two are busy. That is a lot of orders for your bakery- I’m sure you’re feeling just a bit overwhelmed but look how successful things are! Be proud! The holidays are almost over- well, at least with orders then you can relax with family.

Lori and Michelle December 15, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Thank you so much Lori!! Yes we are looking forward to relaxing next week.

katie @KatieDid December 15, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Eggs and tahini- one of my favorite combos. Okay tahini on everything works for me :) Way to go keeping up with those workouts, loving bodyrock too!

Lori and Michelle December 15, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Katie we are the same with tahini, we love it on anything!!

Ela December 15, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Hang in there, ladies–sounds like you’re doing well?

Up here, I’ve made a habit of making tons of goodies to give out, and we have family get togethers and play games, maybe watch movie…
Ela recently posted..Famous Phil; I FlounderMy Profile

Lori and Michelle December 16, 2011 at 5:17 am

Thanks Ela! Have a wonderful time with your family

jessie ann james December 15, 2011 at 11:08 pm

You girls are so cute! Glad to see that things are going well with the bakery! My family has tons of traditions but I’m excited to start my own with Carson as we get older together!
jessie ann james recently posted..Hot Holiday Hotel WorkoutMy Profile

Lori and Michelle December 16, 2011 at 5:17 am

Thanks Jessie, we wish Carson and you many years of bliss! xoxo

Kris | iheartwellness.com December 15, 2011 at 11:50 pm

What an awesome job you lovely ladies are doing with the business!! I’m soooo happy for you!! Way to rock your passion and make a living off of it!

I love donuts ;)

We celebrate on Christmas Eve {German background has blessed us with this} and I love it! The tree is lit, the candles are on and we have the family over for dinner, wine and presents at my mom and dads. Santa always comes after dinner….late around….10pm ;) LOL

xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..Stop Pleasing Others and Be Yourself!My Profile

Lori and Michelle December 16, 2011 at 5:18 am

Kris – thank you so much!! You an inspiration for us and working hard with our bakery. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas tradition!!xoxo

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous December 16, 2011 at 5:33 am

Can’t wait for the new doughnut post!
Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous recently posted..Toxic Thursdays-LotionMy Profile

amanda December 16, 2011 at 8:40 am

hey, i’ve been looking at ceramic travel mugs, and the one you have is one of the ones i’m considering. can you tell me how splash-/spill-proof the lid is? contigo’s site doesn’t advertise the tightness of the lid’s seal, so i’ve been assuming it’s not very tight. but i noticed them in your picture, and thought maybe you wouldn’t mind giving me your thoughts.

thanks in advance.

lindsay December 18, 2011 at 10:33 am

you two sounds busy but getting some great feeds in! love the egg and salad. Hope it slows down for you soon and you can enjoy some rest.
lindsay recently posted..LOVE Reasons & RecipeMy Profile

Nicole @ Making Good Choices December 21, 2011 at 6:20 am

I’ve been the same with my eats. They’ve been all over the place, but I’m doing my best to keep them in check with all the extra I’ve been eating!
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles!My Profile