Gluten free orange gingerbread bundt cake

by Lori and Michelle on December 21, 2011

glad everyone has been enjoy our pumpkin kefir pancakes…we made them again this morning, so good! honestly think we could never get sick of pumpkin or pancakes…

but as much as we love our pumpkin, we love spice. we love molasses. and of course love chocolate.

vegan gingerbread cake

today’s recipe is one we used to make and sell when did farmers markets a few years ago. actually most of our recipes have been inspired because of our bakery- Twin Cakes Bakery. we used to baked all the time for people. we love it. and now that we no longer do farmers markets,

we thought sharing our bakery’s recipes here on the blog would be a great way to share our love of tasty, healthy gluten free recipes.

gingerbread cake

we just love baking in our individual bundt cake pan, because it requires little frosting as the cakes are beautiful as is, plus already portioned out to be the right serving size.

we just topped our gluten-free orange gingerbread cakes with some coconut butter mixed with maple syrup and orange zest. then off course add in some chocolate to finish the cakes off.

nothing beats a cake drizzled with chocolate!

chocolate sauce over cake

we used this chocolate sauce

healthy chocolate gingerbread cake

a little orange. spice. chocolate. the flavors of winter in a cake, what can be better?

this gluten free gingerbread bundt cake has a soft crumb with a good chew and balanced flavor.

dairy free egg free chocolate gingerbread cake

Can you believe Christmas is this Sunday??? crazy

Hope everyone is getting things checked off their shopping list, having fun making new Christmas memories, and safe travels!!

And thank you to FitSugar for featuring our raw bon bons as part of their 7 Classic Holiday Desserts Fit for a Vegan.

L & M

and if you are still not getting our blog post updates in your google reader, please read our post of our new feed. again we apologize for the trouble.

Hannah December 21, 2011 at 8:07 am

What a beautiful, and shockingly simple recipe! That short ingredient list is mighty appealing right about now, in the craziness of complex holiday planning.
Hannah recently posted..Vegan Holiday KitchenMy Profile

Lori and Michelle December 21, 2011 at 9:42 am

thanks Hannah, using GF blends really help cut down on ingredients list ;)

Cat @Breakfast to Bed December 21, 2011 at 9:20 am

that was a #GF recipe with like 8 ingredients. It’s a Chrismakah miracle!!
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..The Great Clustercluck of 2011My Profile

Lori and Michelle December 21, 2011 at 9:42 am

haha we try :)

Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes December 21, 2011 at 9:32 am

What perfect little treats! They are stunning and look soo easy! Thanks so much for sharing! Happy Holidays!

Lori and Michelle December 21, 2011 at 9:42 am

Thanks Annie same to you!!

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! December 21, 2011 at 10:48 am

Oh my goodness, so adorable! And they look delicious, too. Orange + spice + chocolate is one of my absolute favorite holiday combinations.
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Eat Clean, Stay Sane (WIAW)My Profile

Lori and Michelle December 21, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Rachel it is becoming one of ours too :)

LizAshlee December 21, 2011 at 11:56 am

My goodness, these are the cutest! I wish I had a bundt pan…would they work as a cupcake? Looks delish…have a great day!
LizAshlee recently posted..What If…Universal Love & SupportMy Profile

Lori and Michelle December 21, 2011 at 12:34 pm

yes we feel they would works as cupcakes as well!!

katie @KatieDid December 21, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Reminds me of those great little chocolates shaped as an orange. So festive!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance December 21, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I was so excited when I saw you guys on my Google Reader again :) Welcome back! And what a way to make a come back with these beauties :D
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Mini Waffles & Cardio-ResistanceMy Profile

Lori and Michelle December 21, 2011 at 4:46 pm

aww thanks Brittany feels good to be back :)

Heidi @ Food Doodles December 21, 2011 at 3:32 pm

These look so cute! The orange coconut filling looks especially delicious, although I’m not going to deny how good the chocolate looks either. And I looove molassesy gingerbread :)
Heidi @ Food Doodles recently posted..Simply Spiced Hot Apple CiderMy Profile

Lori and Michelle December 21, 2011 at 4:46 pm

thanks Heidi!!

The Delicate Place December 21, 2011 at 4:56 pm

gahhhh orange and chocolate are such a good combo! ive been taking to eating a couple squares of my fave dark chocolate and a fresh orange at night. i love it!
The Delicate Place recently posted..cock sauce & dubstepMy Profile

Lori and Michelle December 22, 2011 at 5:37 am

Melissa we are surprised how much we love those two flavors together ;)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga December 21, 2011 at 5:28 pm

the recipe is awesome and so if your photography…

how far you two have come with your photography is AMAZING!!!!!! I think back to a year or two ago and it’s just night and day and it’s astounding and you should be so proud.

and your whole site too…it’s so professional and beautiful. Just lovely!
Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga recently posted..From a Child’s MouthMy Profile

Lori and Michelle December 22, 2011 at 5:38 am

aww thanks Averie, we try. still have a lot to learn and a lot more to do with our site. but finding the time is hard. but we will get there :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) December 21, 2011 at 7:00 pm

WOW! These look amazing! I’m a huge gingerbread fan! I haven’t hardly shopped for anything …crunch time is on!

Alicia @beingLA December 21, 2011 at 7:03 pm

You two never cease to amaze me! Thank you for yet another delicious gluten-free recipe :)
Alicia @beingLA recently posted..Keep Moving and Losing…My Profile

Ela December 21, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Sounds so good and simple! Ginger and molasses always gets me, but the orange addition is even more alluring.

I resubscribed within my own blogger reader and that didn’t work, so I’ll try doing the other suggestions in your post on it.
Ela recently posted..You Don’t Have to Braise the Braising Mix!My Profile

jessie ann james December 21, 2011 at 11:01 pm

YUM! these look so good and easy enough for me to make! I have a large jar of molasses that I need to open so this will be perfect!
jessie ann james recently posted..Ready, Set, Re-Set…My Profile

Lori and Michelle December 22, 2011 at 5:38 am

that is what sparked this recipe, we had some molasses to use up ;) haha

hihorosie December 22, 2011 at 1:27 am

For awhile there I wasn’t able to get into your site…fortunately, it’s okay now. It was my computer, don’t worry! Anyway, those little cakes look so good! And I love orange in things.
hihorosie recently posted..Guest Post: Top Five Eco New Year’s Resolutions for 2012My Profile

Lori and Michelle December 22, 2011 at 5:39 am