Happy December 1st! the count down to Christmas is on.
we loved our no sugar added gluten free apple bundt cakes and wanted to try them with pumpkin puree instead of the applesauce. the first time we made them we used no sugar, just added pumpkin spice for flavor. and they were pretty good, but not quite what we were looking for. so this second time we made them we added a little bit of sweetness.
Pure2raw recipe: Mini Pumpkin Bundt Cakes (gluten free, vegan, dairy free)
prep-time: 5 minutes
bake-time: 18-20 minutes
tools needed: bowl, spatula, mini bundt cake pan or muffin pan
Makes 8 mini bundt cakes
- 3 tablespoon arrowroot
- 2 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup amaranth flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoon mila flour (ground chia seeds)
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (we use an alcohol free so adjust to your liking)
*how we scoop our flour: think we might have mentioned this already before but again we spoon flour into a measuring cup and then level off.
- Place in a all dry ingredients large bowl and whisk.
- Next add in your vanilla, vinegar and pumpkin puree.
- Then stir in your coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir everything till combined. Batter will be a little thick.
- Scoop batter into slightly oiled mini bundt cake pan or muffin liners.
- Place in a pre-heated 300 degree oven.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes.
then let them cool a little before popping out of pan.
- 1 cup flour total – any flour of your choice
- you can use flax meal instead of mila
- agave for the maple syrup or 15 drops of stevia, or about a 1/4 tsp stevia powder
- coconut oil – use any oil of your choice
- pumpkin puree – any winter squash puree
the texture of these came out more like a quick bread, just in cake form. not light and fluffy like a traditional vanilla cake would be. these pumpkin cakes would go great with an orange glaze on top if looking for something more.
hope you enjoy our new favorite gluten free mini cake!
and then of course we played around with our photo editing. since our composition of these cakes were not the best, we played around with other editing things, like adding warmth and fading the color a bit.
Twins Question: If you could buy one thing (money not being an issue) what would it be??