mini gluten free pumpkin bundt cakes

by Lori and Michelle on December 1, 2011

Happy December 1st! the count down to Christmas is on.

we loved our no sugar added gluten free apple bundt cakes and wanted to try them with pumpkin puree instead of the applesauce. the first time we made them we used no sugar, just added pumpkin spice for flavor.  and they were pretty good, but not quite what we were looking for. so this second time we made them we added a little bit of sweetness.

vegan pumpkin cakes

perfect.

the texture of these came out more like a quick bread, just in cake form. not light and fluffy like a traditional vanilla cake would be. these pumpkin cakes would go great with an orange glaze on top if looking for something more.

hope you enjoy our new favorite gluten free mini cake!

gluten free bundt cakethey freeze great too! so make a bunch and you will always have a healthy cake in arms reach.

and then of course we played around with our photo editing. since our composition of these cakes were not the best, we played around with other editing things, like adding warmth and fading the color a bit.

low sugar pumpkin cakewe feel it has been awhile since we really played in the kitchen creating new recipes. we have a stack of recipe ideas, just trying to find the time to make them. hopefully soon.

Twins Question: If you could buy one thing (money not being an issue) what would it be??

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous December 1, 2011 at 8:15 am

Looks delicious! I need to buy a mini bundt pan!
Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous recently posted..Maybe she’s born with it….maybe it’s….full of toxins?My Profile

Lori and Michelle December 1, 2011 at 11:13 am

Rebecca we love ours ;)

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free December 1, 2011 at 8:39 am

These look great girls! For some reason, you weren’t showing up in my google reader, so I haven’t been getting your posts these past couple days? I don’t know if its just me, or if others are having this same problem. I’ll try “re-subscribing” with my google reader…
Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free recently posted..Grain-Free Pumpkin Bars with Creamy FrostingMy Profile

Lori and Michelle December 1, 2011 at 11:14 am

Alex others have mentioned this and we are trying to figure it out, not sure what happened or how to fix it. so we are struggle with getting our post to show through feed again.

Heathy December 1, 2011 at 10:45 am

These look so deeelish!!! I need to get a mini bunt pan. xo
Heathy recently posted..Pumpkin Lucuma CheesecakeMy Profile

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) December 1, 2011 at 12:31 pm

still not coming up in my reader! :( these look delicious!
Felicia (Natural + Balanced) recently posted..My Pottery AddictionMy Profile

Lori and Michelle December 1, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Sorry Felicia, we are still working on the issue, just not sure why all of a sudden it stopped :(

Casey December 1, 2011 at 2:48 pm

These look so fabulous! I love pumpkin anything :)
Casey recently posted..Day 1 Of 40 Day Juice Fast – 100% CommitmentMy Profile

Heidi @ Food Doodles December 1, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Cute! I use buckwheat flour, but never used amaranth flour before. Sounds interesting. Nevermind the flours though, pumpkin is always delicious :D
Side note: this post actually showed up in my google reader! Yay :D
Heidi @ Food Doodles recently posted..Whole Wheat Gingerbread MenMy Profile

Lori and Michelle December 1, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Heidi, it did that is great news!! Hopefully it will start working for everyone else soon!!

Ela December 1, 2011 at 3:07 pm

They look and sound great! I have a bunch of pumpkin puree in the fridge and may just have to try these if I could make the time.

I don’t know how to answer your question–it’s a difficult one! Maybe I would buy a publishing house or literary magazine…
Ela recently posted..Drowning in Gray; Rainbow SaladMy Profile

Lori December 1, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Not only cute, but sugar free and pumpkiny! Oh and mini. Bonus. I love these. Does the arrowroot powder help it stick together?

Lori and Michelle December 1, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Lori yes plus it helps give it a little lighter texture without using eggs in GF vegan baking.

Lara @ beingLA December 1, 2011 at 3:54 pm

That’s so funny because I’m actually going to be featuring a Pumpkin-Cranberry Spice Bundt cake on tomorrow’s blog post too! I love the mini bundt cakes, especially during the holidays when you have to really get good at portion control. I’m going to have to buy a mini-bundt cake pan! Thanks girls! :-)
Lara @ beingLA recently posted..7 Brazil Butt Exercises & Week 3 Review!My Profile

Lori and Michelle December 1, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Lara great minds think alike ;)

Liz @ iheartvegetables December 1, 2011 at 9:36 pm

These are SO adorable! I’m sharing these with my gluten free friend!!! :)
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..What I Ate [with the OTHER Boy]My Profile

Lori and Michelle December 2, 2011 at 5:34 am

Thanks Liz :)

Matt @ FaveDiets December 2, 2011 at 7:18 am

All of your recipes look unbelievably good! Just when I thought I was done with pumpkin for the season, this recipe pulls me back in!
Matt @ FaveDiets recently posted..Amazon Bean Soup With Winter Squash Greens, Inspired by Michelle Obama’s White House GardenMy Profile

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles December 2, 2011 at 11:39 am

My mom and aunts all make this pumpkin bundt cake to bring to holiday parties and they cover it with a cream cheese glaze. I may adapt this recipe to make a vegan version of the beloved favorite!
Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles recently posted..How Do You Take Your Pizza?My Profile

hihorosie December 2, 2011 at 2:07 pm

cute and yummy! Now I need a donut pan AND a mini-bundt pan. lol
hihorosie recently posted..Thoughtful ThursdayMy Profile

Lauren December 3, 2011 at 8:01 am

So delicious looking! I can see myself enjoying these on Xmas morn! You gals want to come over and make them for me? Haha
Lauren recently posted..Time For Catch UpMy Profile

Stephanie December 3, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Hi! I just made the recipe with a few substitutions, such as using molasses, chickpea flour + brown rice flour + buckwheat flour. It turned out quite denser than I thought, but I still like it! Thank you for such wholesome & nutritious recipe – as always!