our holiday picks for Christmas gifts round 1

by Lori and Michelle on December 13, 2011

hello friends,

thanks for all the sweet comments on our holiday Christmas party.  it is that time of year for parties and giving gifts for loved ones. well we have done pretty well on our list of holiday gifts but in case you still need a few ideas we have some our holiday picks this year.

here is our Christmas gift ideas for this holiday season that are fun and not too expensive

E-books: a list of books we have and love

why ebook? they are great because they are convenient and easy on the budget

Sweetly Raw Ice Cream Book by our dear friend Heather

Raw Cupcake by the lovely Shannonmarie

How to eat Raw Traveling tips by the sweet Robyn

Easy Raw Vegan Transition recipes by the amazing Kristen Suzanne (plus she has many other great ebooks)

Inner Ecology by the adorable twins Jennifer and Jaclyn which we enjoyed their carrot muffin tops

Now that you got your simple ebooks covered now time to share our favorite printed books.

Hannah has done two great Vegan Books we really enjoy her My Sweets Vegan

love Heidi’s Super Natural Every Day

the ever so funny and wonderful Mama Pea’s book Peas and Thank You

the beautiful Kimberly’s book the Beauty Detox Solution (again we have shared our thoughts on her book)

need some amazing inspiration and stories check out Caitlin’s Operation Beautiful and Tina’s Carrots N Cake book (both are great reads!)

need help with stomach issues and food allergies check out Diet Wise (see our thoughts on the book)

and our go to man, Brendan Brazier, all his books are great but we really like his Thrive Book (see our review on his book)

now go out and purchase some of these great gift ideas that are inexpensive and you will learn something that just might help you in some way.

be back with more great Christmas holiday gift ideas for yourself and loved ones.

Twins Question: How is your holiday shopping going? Any books or ebooks that you found worth looking into more?

L&M

Lauren December 13, 2011 at 9:54 am

Great list! And I loved the party pics in your last post, looks like a blast!
Lauren recently posted..Munchin’ and Lunchin’My Profile

Kristin @ eat healthy. be happy. live well. December 13, 2011 at 10:21 am

Thanks for all of these book ideas!! I needed some new reading material for the winter break :) Plus, I needed some more gift ideas to tell my honey to get me ;)
Kristin @ eat healthy. be happy. live well. recently posted..New Recipe: Fat Kid’s PB&JMy Profile

GirlonRaw December 13, 2011 at 11:45 am

Thanks for the shout out ladies, I’m in great company too. Love all those books you mentioned and soon you will have your Socca one ;)
GirlonRaw recently posted..Staying Raw in Social SituationsMy Profile

Ela December 13, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Thanks for these great ideas! I don’t really have anyone around here who would love those books (except me, haha) but I’m mostly making edible goodies for holiday gifts this time.
Ela recently posted..T.S. Eliot’s Prose and Knowing Your Audience–Food-Making as Metaphor for WritingMy Profile

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! December 13, 2011 at 1:27 pm

great list! I was actually just looking into some raw/vegan nutrition and info books, so this is really helpful, even if not for a gift :-)
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Guest Post: Love Your Workouts!My Profile

Alicia @beingLA December 13, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Thanks for this great list of books! If only I had time to read all of them :) I’m reading Tomatoland for my book club group. I just started it, but so far it’s pretty interesting. I’ll have to let you know what I think when I’m done!
Alicia @beingLA recently posted..Skinny Pear Oatmeal MuffinsMy Profile

Charissa December 13, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Great ideas…and they’re SO inexpensive!
Oh, and btw, I love it when you girls talk about your fitness…you inspire me so much! :)
Charissa recently posted..My Experience with Healthy Fats (& Avocado Pudding)My Profile

Lori and Michelle December 13, 2011 at 4:41 pm

aww thanks Charissa!!!! HUGS

Food Babe December 13, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Thanks for the suggestions of E-Books… amazing! Can’t wait to read about eating raw while traveling… sounds awesome. Have you seen Food Babe’s Holiday Gift Guide yet? Would love to put some Twin Cakes Bakery Goods on there… :)

BTW – Why doesn’t HHM carry your biscotti anymore…I used to be so in LOVE with it – having it in the afternoon with tea…
Food Babe recently posted..Hot Poblano PocketsMy Profile

Rachel December 13, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Thanks for the good suggestions girls….I have read half of those and loved them, so I am sure the rest will all be great as well. I just released my first ebook (http://www.integratednaturalnutrition.com/books/healthy-holidays-ebook/) and would love if you would review it on your blog. If you are interested, let me know and I will send you a copy! One of the desserts was even inspired by some of your holiday themed macaroons. Keep the holiday goodies coming!

Laury @thefitnessdish December 13, 2011 at 7:50 pm

I love e-books and I love Robyns book! I got my copy a couple of weeks ago!
Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..iLauryMy Profile

lindsay December 13, 2011 at 11:59 pm

these are all on my christmas wish….and a trip to NC!
lindsay recently posted..Holiday Balance: Does it Exist?My Profile

sabine @ some-like-it-raw.com December 14, 2011 at 4:05 am

I lovelovelove books and e-books. never thought of e-books as a gift idea though, cool!
sabine @ some-like-it-raw.com recently posted..Raw Lifestyle Coaching !My Profile

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous December 14, 2011 at 5:49 am

e-books are a great idea! I think it’s only a matter of time until everyone has an e-reader!
Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous recently posted..Antioxidant Tuesdays-ArtichokesMy Profile

shannonmarie (rawdorable) December 14, 2011 at 8:09 am

Wow. What a lovely surprise. Thanks for including my e-book in the list :-)

Lori and Michelle December 14, 2011 at 11:58 am