yummy chocolate pecan truffles

by Lori and Michelle on December 16, 2011

hello luvs!!!

we survived another week!! that means Christmas is just around the corner! as you can tell we are excited!
who else is?

since our last truffle recipe was a big hit and so easy to make we thought about making another version of it. but a little different of course.

we love chocolate.

we love pecans.

we love truffles.

so why not putting them together? sounds simple right? well luckily it is! we like to refer to are truffles as cake truffles because the inside is more soft and cookie/cake like texture then a rich smooth creamy traditional truffles are.

raw vegan pecan truffles

the main ingredients are pecans and chocolate. we tried to really keep this recipe fun and super simple. we hope you like our raw cake truffles, as we gobbled them right up.

just like our other carob truffles being great for parties these pecan chocolate truffles would be great as well. even the kids can help make these!

dairy free rich dark chocolate for truffles

we know truffles can seem scary or difficult to make, but promise these truffles are simple. just have a little fun with it. put some music on and get dancing in the kitchen with your truffle making party. we kept it easy by using a chocolate bar as the outside coating instead of making our own chocolate sauce.

who else loves chocolate and pecans together? not a pecan chocolate lover, then what nut do you like with chocolate?

L&M

Nicole @ Making Good Choices December 16, 2011 at 5:55 am

You gals inspired me with your biscotti that I actually made more truffles last night for a friend! I love the idea of packaging these up and giving them as gifts. I’ll have to try this variety…today :) Are you going to post the recipe for those mini cakes that you put on facebook?
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..Almond Peanut Cacao TrufflesMy Profile

Elisabeth December 16, 2011 at 6:20 am

I never could understand why people liked chocolate so much but now that I’m older… I LOVE chocolate!

This looks delicious and if I have that chocolate bar still hanging around, I’m going to make this today. My kids are going caroling tonight and I’m needing a goodie to put in some baskets for those they go to.

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List December 16, 2011 at 6:22 am

Um…yum! Pecans are a holiday favorite!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..instead ofMy Profile

LizAshlee December 16, 2011 at 6:57 am

YUM!! I second that…I luv pecans. I luv chocolate. I luv truffles. What a great recipe..thanks for sharing! :)
LizAshlee recently posted..When One Door Closes & Sunflower Rice KrispiesMy Profile

Jessica LeBoeuf December 16, 2011 at 7:04 am

Pecan is not my favorite nut, but I’m sure these are delicious. I love anything with walnuts!!!

Liz @ IHeartVegetables December 16, 2011 at 7:49 am

Woaaaaaaah yes. For one, I love truffles. And two, I love recipes that don’t have 9,000 ingredients, because otherwise I can’t make them, or else I risk a trip to the store where I will spend approximately $9,000 dollars on said ingredients.

This sounds AWESOME!!!

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free December 16, 2011 at 11:57 am

Love chocolate and pecans! Sounds great with the coconut!
Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free recently posted..Holiday Gift Ideas 2011My Profile

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous December 16, 2011 at 12:01 pm

I love pecans. I always keep some in the freezer since they tend to go rancid. I eat them by the handfuls!
Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous recently posted..Toxic Thursdays-LotionMy Profile

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance December 16, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I think I like ANYTHING with chocolate, including pecans :D Love how simple this recipe is!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Strength Train My BrainMy Profile

Heidi @ Food Doodles December 16, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Yummy! I loooove raw truffles. Pecans and chocolate are such a good combo and I love that you put nutmeg in these.
Heidi @ Food Doodles recently posted..Flourless Chocolate Puddle CookiesMy Profile

Sarah December 16, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Love the tuffles, great idea for a homemade gift:) My boyfriend and I are exchanging one homemade gift this year so I am making him cookie butter from Gina’s blog and I think theses truffles would be a perfect addition, thanks!
Sarah recently posted..Women That InspireMy Profile

Ela December 16, 2011 at 7:52 pm

That sounds like a yummy recipe and simple too! I made a bunch of truffles yesterday, and made chocolate with cacao butter and carob/mesquite.

Hazelnut and choc together are my traditional association, but my favorite (surprise surprise) is coconut and chocolate! Otherwise, honestly I don’t much like nuts in choc–I adore dried fruit in there though.
Ela recently posted..Bliss Challenge #2: Destination PresentMy Profile

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga December 17, 2011 at 6:07 am

These look so fabulous! I want them!

Sorry that my computer and your RSS feed aren’t getting along. I keep trying to change things on my end and I know you’ve had some troubles on yours, hopefully the feed glitch just fixes itself.

Feed it a truffle :)
Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga recently posted..Couldn’t Believe My EyesMy Profile

Heathy December 17, 2011 at 10:25 am

Yummmmy!!! I want truffles! Pecans and choccie are also one of my fave combos :) xoxo
Heathy recently posted..Chocolate Covered ChristmasMy Profile

Alicia @beingLA December 17, 2011 at 3:10 pm

These look so so good. Keep the chocolate recipes coming :) A girl can never have enough!
Alicia @beingLA recently posted..XO Baking Co Debut!!My Profile

The Delicate Place December 18, 2011 at 9:18 am

yum! i do love pecans but i only tend to eat them around thanksgiving and christmas time. they definitely seem to be a festive treat in our household :)
The Delicate Place recently posted..::siriusmo:: & glittensMy Profile

Jess December 18, 2011 at 10:11 am

Just made these! Messy, but so good.

Lori and Michelle December 19, 2011 at 6:30 am

awesome!!

Gillian December 18, 2011 at 11:12 am

These look delicious ladies!!!!!
Gillian recently posted..while i’m goneMy Profile

hihorosie December 18, 2011 at 9:12 pm

mm! These look great! And I love Divine chocolate!
hihorosie recently posted..Wayfair WinnerMy Profile

jessie ann james December 18, 2011 at 11:30 pm

wow!!!! i need these! like right now! They look so good!!
jessie ann james recently posted..Chi Town as of lately…My Profile

Lauren December 19, 2011 at 8:06 am

Wow, those look so good! Perfect for the holidays, or everyday in my world !! ;)
Lauren recently posted..Christmas Time LoveMy Profile

Lori and Michelle December 19, 2011 at 10:00 am

Thanks Lauren!

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles December 19, 2011 at 9:30 am

I always use two forks to coat truffles. looks tasty!
Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles recently posted..Fresh StartMy Profile

Sue September 16, 2012 at 5:23 pm

How long will these keep?? – I’m thinking of making these for gifts!

Lori and Michelle October 2, 2012 at 7:05 pm

I would like a few or so.