another week down and excited for the weekend. we are expecting a cold weekend here. what about you?
we have been working hard over here with the bakery and getting some recipes made for the blog. yesterday we had so much fun in the kitchen.
listening to Christmas carols listening to no music as we baked and ‘unbaked’ away. we are excited to share more holiday inspired recipes with you all. (we forgot to put our music on while baking)
today’s recipe is a gluten-free vegan pumpkin flavored chocolate chip cookie recipe
it is actually a re-make of our first time making these pumpkin chip cookies last October. we realized when baking these cookies how much we love pumpkin and chocolate together! the love started with this original recipe then our pumpkin brownie cupcakes re-confirmed our love and then remaking these cookies again only heighten our love.
this time when we made our pumpkin chocolate chip cookies we wanted to use chia seeds in them for more texture. and we did not have our sprouted flours on hand like we did the first time. but with those few changes the cookies still came out great. these gluten-free cookies are more of a soft cookie then a hard crispy one. we prefer soft cookies over hard ones anyways so it worked out nicely.
both ways are delicious. or you can even do a mix matched batch of cookies like we did.
soft, moist, a little delicate, and flavorful cookies. that you will keep going back for more!
pure2raw recipe: gluten-free vegan soft pumpkin chia seed chocolate chip cookies
prep-time: 5 minutes
bake-time: 18- 20 minutes
makes: about 16-18 cookies depending on size of scoop
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup whole chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or any sugar of choice)
- 1o drops of stevia (or could do 2 more tablespoons sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (we use Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree (we used canned pumpkin)
Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl and shift together.
Next grab your sugar, coconut oil, stevia, chocolate chips and pumpkin puree and place them into another bowl. Stir till combined.
Grab your bowl of dry ingredients and pour into your wet ingredients, and stir.
Batter will be thick and a little sticky. Scoop cookies with ice cream scooper or a spoon onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. You can leave the cookies as rounds or pressed down to your desired thickness of cookie.
Place in a pre-heated oven of 350 degrees and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- to replace the amaranth and arrowroot flours you can just use 3/4 cup of any gf flour blend/flour of your choice.
- to replace chia seeds can use flax seeds though will change the flavor of cookie. or you could just use more flour instead of chia seeds.
- to replace coconut oil you can use any oil or fat of choice
- to replace the stevia we suggest adding in 2 more tablespoons of sugar
a super delicious vitamin and fiber packed cookie!
what about chocolate and pumpkin together?
till next time,