pumpkin chia seed chocolate chip cookies

by Lori and Michelle on December 9, 2011

shot of pumpkin chip cookies

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

another week down and excited for the weekend. we are expecting a cold weekend here. what about you?

we have been working hard over here with the bakery and getting some recipes made for the blog. yesterday we had so much fun in the kitchen. listening to Christmas carols listening to no music as we baked and ‘unbaked’ away. we are excited to share more holiday inspired recipes with you all. (we forgot to put our music on while baking)

today’s recipe is a gluten-free vegan pumpkin flavored chocolate chip cookie recipe

it is actually a re-make of our first time making these pumpkin chip cookies last October. we realized when baking these cookies how much we love pumpkin and chocolate together! the love started with this original recipe then our pumpkin brownie cupcakes re-confirmed our love and then remaking these cookies again only heighten our love.

pumpkin chip chia seed cookies

this time when we made our pumpkin chocolate chip cookies we wanted to use chia seeds in them for more texture. and we did not have our sprouted flours on hand like we did the first time. but with those few changes the cookies still came out great.  these gluten-free cookies are more of a soft cookie then a hard crispy one. we prefer soft cookies over hard ones anyways so it worked out nicely.

flat pumpkin chia seed chip gluten free cookiecookies can be pressed down for more of a flat cookie

vegan gluten-free pumpkin chocolate chip cookieor you can leave it in the round shape from scooping them.

both ways are delicious. or you can even do a mix matched batch of cookies like we did.

gluten-free chocolate chip chia seed cookies

soft, moist, a little delicate, and flavorful cookies. that you will keep going back for more!

a super delicious vitamin and fiber packed cookie!

gluten free soft pumpkin chia seed cookienow who else loves soft cookies?

what about chocolate and pumpkin together?

L&M

Lori December 9, 2011 at 8:22 am

Pumpkin and chocolate DO go great together! These cookies look so soft and chewy! Love it. And don’t you just adore Enjoy Life products??

I love your photograph. Every time I see your amazing food!

Lori and Michelle December 9, 2011 at 10:42 am

thanks Lori :) and yes enjoy life makes great products!

Katie December 9, 2011 at 8:56 am

Oh these look so good!

Happy Friday loves! <3
Katie recently posted..5 Things I { know }My Profile

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! December 9, 2011 at 12:30 pm

These look so good! Simple and delicious – chocolate & pumpkin is always a good combo.
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..WIAW – Catching UpMy Profile

Lori and Michelle December 9, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Yes Rachel they are :)

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free December 9, 2011 at 2:39 pm

They look so adorable! And I love fluffy cookies. One of my favorite “fluffy” cookies are banana chocolate chunk.
Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free recently posted..Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough BitesMy Profile

Lori and Michelle December 9, 2011 at 4:38 pm

oh Alex that sounds delicious!

Ana December 9, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Wow, these look amazing girls! I want to try making them for sure, will get the ingredients for it!!
Ana

Maddie December 9, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Girls these cookies look amazing! I can’t wait to make them next week :) Soft cookies all the way!

Lori and Michelle December 9, 2011 at 7:45 pm

thanks Maddie

Anne December 9, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Maybe you already addressed this, but you’re not longer showing up in my google reader. Is there a new feed I should subscribe to?

Lori and Michelle December 9, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Anne, we are having major issues with our RSS feed not showing up in google reader. we are not sure why it stopped. we have tried everything to get it back, we are still working on it. and once we figured it out we will let everyone know! sorry for the confusion.

bitt of raw December 9, 2011 at 8:53 pm

so glad i remembered to check in, it’s hard for me since i transitioned myself to do everything via google reader. but these look amazing!

Lori and Michelle December 9, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Thanks Bitt!

jessie ann james December 9, 2011 at 9:59 pm

mmmm these look so good! you should sell them in the bakery because I would order a whole case!
jessie ann james recently posted..I’m in Love…I May Never Leave!My Profile

Lou December 9, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Totally love a good soft cookie – and pumpkin and chocolate is one of my favourite combinations…. was first introduced to the idea through a local cafe which had the most amazing whole wheat spiced pumpkin and dark chocolate chunk muffins (and we are talking some mega chunk action in these bad boys!)
Lou recently posted..the Hulk has a cousinMy Profile

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance December 10, 2011 at 3:37 am

Did you guys ever figure out what was up with the Google Reader issue? I miss seeing you guys pop up on there :( Maybe I should try resubscribing?

These cookies look amazing! I can ONLY eat soft cookies and don’t care for hard or crunchy ones very much at all. In fact, I think I’d rather eat cookie dough than a hard cookie :D
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Lightened Up Lemon Garlic Chickpea PastaMy Profile

LizAshlee December 10, 2011 at 8:59 am

I have some amaranth flour that I haven’t used…great recipe…pumpkin & chocolate..YUM! Happy Weekend!
LizAshlee recently posted..Quinoa Split Pea Wrap + ReviewMy Profile

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous December 10, 2011 at 10:52 am

I have pumpkin and chia in my oatmeal everyday! Maybe I’ll switch it up and make these!
Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous recently posted..Toxic Thursdays-ShampooMy Profile

Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! December 11, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Pumpkin and Chocolate are my all time favorite combo!! I make chocolate chip pumpkin bread all of the time! I pinned these cookies so I can make them this weekend! Can’t wait!!! :)
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..I’M BACK! + Running and Pancake Goodness!My Profile

Casey December 13, 2011 at 10:23 pm

These look incredible!
Casey recently posted..The Practical Challenges Of Juice FeastingMy Profile

Christina December 16, 2011 at 7:44 pm

just pulled these out of the oven. YUM!! thanks again! I’m on #3. Is that bad? I subbed sorghum for the amaranth flour. Amaranth is just too strong for my palate–even if it’s only a small amount in other recipes…I’ve tried several times to like it, I promise! :-) I also did about 1/4 cup and change of coconut sugar and no stevia and it was plenty sweet for my palate. Actually, I ate too many chocolate chips while I was putting it together so maybe I satiated my craving that way! As I type, I’m drinking a giant bottle of homemade coconut water kefir to help to offset my naughty behavior! Merry Christmas, ladies!

Sarah January 10, 2012 at 2:21 pm

These are SO good. my 2 year old and I whipped up a batch of these yummy morsels this morning. I best pop them in the freezer to avoid eating the whole batch this afternoon. :)

I didn’t have any amaranth flour so I subbed with quinoa, millet and sorghum flours. I had little bits of each left so this was the perfect way to make us of it.

Thanks for such a delicious recipe! Happy New Year!

Mary@FitandFed September 9, 2012 at 7:47 am

These look great. I have bought my first package of chia seeds but haven’t used them yet– these look like a good way to get started. Pinning….
Mary@FitandFed recently posted..Silken Tofu MayonnaiseMy Profile

Donna November 7, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I made a small batch of these today. I am just learning how to bake and they are delicious. They are so soft and easy to make. I am wondering, what would be a good substitute for amaranth flour? I have teff, brown rice, millet, and chickpeas flour. Also, can I omit baking powder or substitute with something else? I am just not sure how my son will react to baking powder.

Thanks :)