7 random facts about us

by Lori and Michelle on January 22, 2012

hello friends,

as some of you may have noticed that our original rss feed for our blog is coming through google reader now! which is a good thing, although we hope our new feed that we had many of your re-sign up for still works too. we think it should. so I think we all should be set now, well hopefully. thanks again for putting up with our rss issues! you guys are the best! and for those that did not realize we were still blogging through all that mess you have a lot to catch up on haha

now for today we have a fun post for you to get to know us a little better.

the lovely Heather over at For the Love Of Kale linked us up for a 7 random facts post.

so here you go.

we hope you enjoy learning a little bit more about us. we have done something similar to this before if you would like to learn more about us.

7 Random Facts:

1) like using random in post titles it seems  random workouts, random delicious eats, random thoughts and eats, random things about us, random but fun weekend, random socca

do you find yourself using a word or a group of words frequently in blog posts?

2) read this book every morning for our daily inspiration to start our day off right. it has really helped us in so many ways.

start your day right book

focus for today was: Start day with saying, “I am excited about this day, God. I can hardly wait to see what You are going to do.”

great little reminders about the bigger picture in life.

3) watch Friends re-runs daily

seriously can not get enough of that show. always can make us laugh even though we know all the episodes.

4) as twins, we do not feel each others pain though we usually can sense something is not right with the other one. this is a question we get a lot about being twins. and we cannot read each others minds, but we do have a secret twin language.

5) Michelle never really uses her sheets, she sleeps on top of them and just uses blankets

bed-sheets

sis, can you have any more blankets on that bed?

6) both of us wear glasses and contacts, though we are bad and do not wear them as much as we should.

7) we love buying jewerly but find ourselves not wearing it that much

jewerly

look you can even see some still have tags on it.

does anyone else do that? buy something but just never really wear it?

well our turn to link up 7 other great bloggers to share random things about them.

What Runs Lori

Cotter Crunch

I heart Wellness

Katie Did

The Fitness Dish

Spoonful of sugar free

The Delicate Place

now did you learn anything new? did anything surprise you? do you like learning more about the writers and creators of  blogs?

we always enjoy learning more about the bloggers behind the blogs we read. we feel it helps make them seem more like a real person, not just letters on  a computer screen.

L&M

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) January 22, 2012 at 10:39 am

I love jewelry too and hardly ever wear anything outside of my ear rings, wedding ring and my onyx ring. I love reading random things about bloggers. It definitely makes you relate even more to the writer! Have a great day ladies!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Peanut Chocolate Fudge Topping!My Profile

Tamikko January 22, 2012 at 10:56 am

I do the same with jewelry. I love to make jewelry but still don’t wear it often enough. I need to change my frame of mind and stop saving things for another day. I also watch Friends everyday. Always waiting for my favourite episodes to come on but I love them all.
Thanks for sharing the extra’s with us. It’s nice to learn new things about you and I’m going to check out the links too.

The Delicate Place January 22, 2012 at 11:14 am

ah! i’m it!! i’ll do this soon! that was fun learning a little bit more about your girls :) i don’t even put sheets on! well i sleep on top of the fitted sheet with just a duvet. i hate feeling constricted in my bed lol. i don’t actually own too much jewelry…but i do own a good bit of earrings and i like to wear them all! the only ring i wear is my wedding stuff and rarely i will wear a big dangly necklace but i’m pretty low key on that stuff.
The Delicate Place recently posted..in case of emergencyMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 22, 2012 at 11:41 am

Melissa glad I am not alone with not using sheets ;)

lindsay January 22, 2012 at 11:25 am

i actually love these random posts too! fun. I do the same iwth jewelry. and i love joyce meyer, will have to check out that devotional for sure!
lindsay recently posted..Walking “On-Cloud” 9My Profile

Lori and Michelle January 22, 2012 at 11:41 am

Lindsay you would love this devotional book!

Priscilla January 22, 2012 at 11:27 am

wow! I love Joyce Meyer! Happy to hear you like her too! I feel like she always give me that “punch” when something’s not feeling right to keep on track and enjoy life!
Priscilla recently posted..Mandarin Chutney and TwitterMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 22, 2012 at 11:40 am

Priscilla yes she does! love her

Julie Lynn January 22, 2012 at 11:29 am

The buying, but not wearing jewelry very often made me laugh. I’m much the same. Love jewelry…just never remember to put it on unless we’re going out. :-)
Julie Lynn recently posted..Paula Deen, Anthony Bourdain & the Cult of CelebrityMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 22, 2012 at 11:41 am

haha we are the same Julie Lynn!

Erica January 22, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I have contacts and glasses too! I’m pretty blind! You girls are awesome :)
Erica recently posted..Restaurant Week: Halls ChophouseMy Profile

Mama Pea January 22, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I LOVE Joyce Meyer. I’ve never seen that devotional, but it must be mine! She speaks to my heart.

Lori and Michelle January 22, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Mama Pea yes love Joyce!

Ela January 22, 2012 at 4:51 pm

So cool! I just saw you were back in my feed–I hadn’t even been able to get your new one to work. Just magic, I guess.

You are such a tease with Michelle’s bed–just like mine but I have more blankets!
So glad to have you ladies as blog friends!
Ela recently posted..Five Things about ME? (final Bliss Challenge)My Profile

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! January 22, 2012 at 4:53 pm

awesome post! I love learning new bits and pieces about my favorite bloggers :-)
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! recently posted..Back to BasicsMy Profile

Heidi @BananaBuzzbomb January 22, 2012 at 6:10 pm

I love random fact posts =) I think I may be implementing some in the near future.
Heidi @BananaBuzzbomb recently posted..Knee Pain? Already??My Profile

Lisa January 22, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Funny—I watch Friends everyday too. My mom and I quote from it…probably too often!
Lisa recently posted..Breakfast Fail but Fun with FriendsMy Profile

The Hippie Health Nut January 22, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Haha! That’s funny about the blankets- I have to be under the sheets. I feel protected or something, lol.

Heather @ For the Love of Kale January 22, 2012 at 7:21 pm

I love this! Friends really is the best show ever. Last week, I watched the episode when Rachel is leaving for France and Pheobe called the hand cuffs “flimsy.” Hahahaha. So funny. Love you girls! <3

Z.Grimm January 22, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Back when I had a bigger budget and worked at the mall, I’d usually come home with a little something from the mall every week. Granted, I’d forget about it soon after until I started cleaning and finding random bags of stuff around.
Z.Grimm recently posted..Pilates Video!My Profile

Meagan January 22, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Forgive me for the blunt question, but are you girls Christians? :) [born again!?]
Meagan recently posted..Grain-free Lemon Biscuit CookiesMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 23, 2012 at 8:20 am

Hello Meagan, yes are Christians, always been just do not talk about our faith on our blog as that is not our focus here.

Lori and Michelle January 23, 2012 at 8:26 am

Hello Meagan yes we are Christians, always have been, just never talked about our faith much on our blog. As it is not our main focus here.

Meagan January 23, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Ladies, so glad to learn this :) I am too. I too don’t talk about it much on my blog since that’s not what I am focusing on. So good to find others who love the Lord!!
Meagan recently posted..Grain-free Lemon Biscuit CookiesMy Profile

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance January 22, 2012 at 8:15 pm

When I was younger I did that with the blankets on my bed too! My mom always said that she never understood why I would use the comforter, but now that i’m thinking back and remembering its not-so-pretty floral print, I’m remembering why… haha
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Match MeMy Profile

katie @KatieDid January 22, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Thanks for tagging me! I love reading about blogger’s lives, it gives a lot more depth to the blog in my opinion. And I don’t use sheet either, in fact I’ve never in my life put a second loose sheet on my bed, I don’t get the point!

Jane January 22, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Cool to read about your random facts! I love Joyce Meyer too, and do the same thing with jewelry! Lol!
Jane recently posted..Salsa ShowdownMy Profile

hihorosie January 22, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Fun randomness! I still love Friends too although I don’t have a TV to watch episodes everyday. Bummer. But I would if I did! ;) I sleep with a sheet and lots of blankets (what’s the difference between the two?) but I don’t make my bed so it’s got that lived in feel already. I have lots of jewelry but haven’t worn much of it in the last 2.5 years…Caleb either pulls my earrings or tells me (now) to take them off. lol I think it’s funny you still have tags on some of them.
hihorosie recently posted..WinterMy Profile

Caitlin January 23, 2012 at 7:19 am

I love reading these facts! I guess I am kinda indirectly responsible for this post since I tagged Heather on my 7 facts post ;-) love how the chain is a-spreadin’!

I am so guilty of buying accessories (and anything) and not wearing it for awhile. I have earrings, shoes, a dress that I bought in Dec and haven’t worn. Oh crap, I bought the dress in November! I WILL wear it sometime tho…I like to buy dresses and save them for when something comes up and I need them. That sounds like a lame excuse (and it kinda is) but it’s totally worked out before!
Caitlin recently posted..For the Love of Kale – GO THERE!My Profile

natalie (the sweets life) January 23, 2012 at 7:41 am

fun post–the bit about the blankets cracked me up! I’m all about being under the blankets + EXTRA blankets :)
natalie (the sweets life) recently posted..Roasted Tomato Basil SoupMy Profile

janetha January 23, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I am with you on the sheets, M! I actually usually toss the sheet and just use the fitted one for the mattress.. all about blankets :) I also have a lot of jewelry and clothing never worn. What’s with that habit?! Love you girls. This was fun to read :)
janetha recently posted..sliding sideways on sunday.My Profile

Lori and Michelle January 23, 2012 at 2:40 pm

haha I know right?? glad you are with me girl!

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free January 25, 2012 at 8:13 am

Aww :D thanks for tagging!

That book looks really good…I think i’ve heard of it? hmmm…will check it out.
Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free recently posted..Day 7: Other Blogger Recipe IdeasMy Profile