chocolate chip cookie cake recipe

by Lori and Michelle on January 18, 2012

chocoalte chip cookie cake slice

hello luvs!

it is always so nice to hear from our readers, to hear that everyone is learning more about what can cause acne and ways to heal it. we know those post can be a lot of information to take it and we really appreciate you all sticking around for it all!

moving onto to the recipe for today. a recipe that we enjoyed over a week or so ago. and nothing beats having a little cookie cake in the middle of the week to help push to the end right?

especially, a gluten free vegan chocolate chip cookie cake recipe!

and we hope you all love this cookie cake recipe as much as we did, as well as Gary and our family did too!

gluten free chocolate chip cookie cake

chocolate chip cookie cake is one thing that we loved eating while growing up. we remember sitting down with our two older sisters and just eating away at the All American chocolate chip cookie cakes over the years.  now that white processed flour, sugar, buttery filled cookie cake was good and we did enjoy eating it back then.

gluten free cookie cake slice
Pin It

but times have changed. food has changed. we have changed. our bodies have changed. therefore the recipe needed to change. and that is what we did. we created our own version of the chocolate chip cookie cake.

we have made many cookie cakes over the years. it was one of the first recipes we made when we opened our bakery four years ago. and it was something we would love to make for our own birthday cake! we actually have a few different variations of this recipe and enjoy them all still.

making vegan cookie cake batterthe great part about making this cookie cake is that if you make it vegan, like we did, you can eat as much cake batter as you like. don’t mind if we do.

now for the frosting we did not really know what we wanted to do. we wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

so we mixed some coconut milk, coconut butter and agave nectar together. our 3 ingredient coconut frosting looked promising when we were mixing it.

cannot beat 3 ingredient frosting, right?

dairy free coconut oil agave based frostingbut as soon as we started to ice up the cookie cake the frosting started to melt a little. guess the cake was still a little warm to ice up.

but hey we were anxious to eat it.

even though the frosting was not as pretty as we were hoping it still tasted amazing! isn’t that what really counts? we think so.

vegan baked cookie cakenow that is what we call one good looking dessert.

dairy free coconut oil icing for cakegood to the very last bite. we promise!

our gluten free vegan chocolate chip cookie cake recipe was a success!

now if you make this, let us know so we can come over and enjoy some more.

Twins Question: Do you like eating your cake or cookie batters while making them? What is your favorite dairy-free frosting to make?

Lori and Michelle

Maddie January 18, 2012 at 8:22 am

Ladies this looks amazing! I can’t wait to make it :) In regards to your acne posts…it’s so refreshing to see people actually talking about acne and all the struggles that go along with it. I know what you’re going through must really suck, but it’s comforting to the rest of us to know that we’re not alone in how we feel about our skin issues.

Lori and Michelle January 18, 2012 at 11:09 am

Why thank you Maddie! We try out best to share our struggles as honestly as possible without sounding all depressed, but real. Thanks again.

Heather @ For the Love of Kale January 18, 2012 at 8:32 am

I would like for you to live in my kitchen. Permanently. Thank you! ;-)
Heather @ For the Love of Kale recently posted..Banana Bread OatsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 18, 2012 at 11:09 am

thanks Heather! xoxo

Tamikko January 18, 2012 at 9:24 am

mmmmm! A drool worthy classic twist that is definitely just what I wanted. Yummy!!! Thanks twins, for an amazing recipe.

Lori and Michelle January 18, 2012 at 11:11 am

Your welcome Tamikko! Enjoy

lindsay January 18, 2012 at 11:36 am

My husband would love this! and i would too of course. I think you just inspired a future birthday cake. YEA!

Lori and Michelle January 18, 2012 at 2:03 pm

awesome!!

Heathy January 18, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Love it girls! This is being added to my “to do” list for when the sugar cleanse is done! xo

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous January 18, 2012 at 6:10 pm

That looks to die for!

Lori and Michelle January 18, 2012 at 6:25 pm

why thank you Rebecca! it was :)

Erica January 18, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Booook marked! Can’t wait to make it! I know my BIL will be the cookie cakes biggest fan. Yum Yum Yum. I have some coconut flour and I haven’t really found a recipe I like it in…eager to see if this is the winner! And heck yes, vegan cookie batter? All in ;)

Liz @ iheartvegetables January 18, 2012 at 8:01 pm

That looks absolutely amazing!!!!! I really wanted to make some kind of deep dish cookie pie thing today but I ended up not having enough butter. I made peanut butter cookies instead!

Ela January 18, 2012 at 9:19 pm

I’ve never had a cookie cake but you’ve made me want to try one! I even have my home made carob chocolate that I could cut into chunks if I didn’t want to get wigged out!

Thanks so much for sharing.

Nicky January 18, 2012 at 10:07 pm

It’s in the oven as I type! I’ve used quinoa and amaranth flours, so will let you know how it turns out…also, forgot to buy coconut flour, so just used a cup of each.
I added cocao nibs and dehydrated cherries. Think I’ll ice it with cocao/coconut oil.
Cannot wait until its ready to try…

Lori and Michelle January 19, 2012 at 6:46 am

Nicky sounds great!!! YUM!

Nicky January 25, 2012 at 10:16 pm

It was a HUGE success. I shared it with family members who are not even close to being “low sugar” and they gave it two thumbs up!

Maddy January 18, 2012 at 11:23 pm

This is EXACTLY what I need this week :) What GF flour blend did you use? I usually use Bob’s Red Mill but just out of curiosity…any other recommendations?

Lori and Michelle January 19, 2012 at 6:47 am

Maddy we make up our own gluten free flour blend. We do a ratio of 2:1 flour to starch. Hope this helps.

Nicole @ Making Good Choices January 19, 2012 at 5:41 am

yumm. i love cookie cakes too. my mother in law makes them for my husbands birthday. I would love to exchange it for this one!
Nicole @ Making Good Choices recently posted..Twist on Meatloaf: Lentil Walnut Loaf with Coach’s Oats!My Profile

LizAshlee January 19, 2012 at 6:46 am

This looks absolutely perfect..chocolate chip and frosting together!!! Oh my!! :)
LizAshlee recently posted..Practicing Non-AttachmentMy Profile

Gena January 19, 2012 at 9:47 am

Success is an understatement! Looks amazing.
Gena recently posted..Raw Carrot Oat BreadMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 19, 2012 at 10:17 am

thanks Gena

monifah January 19, 2012 at 10:00 am

Made it and tured out extremely dry!! I’ll eat it anyway but too bad :( , followed the recipe and even baked it on 150c for 20 min..

Lori and Michelle January 19, 2012 at 10:19 am

Sorry about that, not sure what happened. maybe our air where we live had a little more moisture it in or something not sure though. if you would like to make it again maybe try add in more puree to see if that does the trick.

Lisa January 19, 2012 at 1:41 pm

This looks awesome! I definitely eat the batter of every dessert I make. I can’t help it—and I think, maybe, I like it better than the end product!
I usually make frosting out of avocados…

Miriam @ Sometimes I Veg January 19, 2012 at 2:11 pm

This looks absolutely delish. I wouldn’t wait for it to cool either.
Miriam @ Sometimes I Veg recently posted..Avocado and Grapefruit SaladMy Profile

Lauren January 20, 2012 at 8:13 am

Yum! Cookie + cake = best idea ever!! Might have to make hubby make me this on my bday! Haha!
Lauren recently posted..Fa-reeeezing!My Profile

barb January 20, 2012 at 9:51 am

I just made this yesterday, and used honey and carob chips. I didn’t add the extra sugar cause that would be way too much sugar for my body to handle. I guess that made a big difference, cause i could really taste the baking soda….and it all tasted kinda off. i’m sure it was me….and not your recipe. I ‘ll try another one, like the gingerbread recipe. That sounds good.

Lori and Michelle January 20, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Sorry about that Barb, you could try just doing 1 teaspoon baking soda to if that helps.

Kate January 29, 2012 at 10:39 pm

I created some Amazing whole wheat big fat chewy chocolate chips and thought it couldn`t get better than that… I never though about turning chocolate chip cookies into cake! What a splendid idea.
Kate recently posted..I Eat from the DumpsterMy Profile

Goldenflower February 18, 2012 at 4:27 am

Hi,
Thank you for recipes! But I’m very disappointed to find so much baking because the name of your website is “pure2raw” so I expected more raw recipes :-)

Lori and Michelle February 18, 2012 at 8:00 am

Goldenflower, sorry we disappointed you, but if you read our about page you will see that were once 100% raw, but no longer. We still eat a lot of raw foods and share many raw recipes. Although we love to bake so we share that passion here too. Pure2raw stands for much than raw foods.

mariel May 14, 2012 at 6:01 pm

do you think this would work with out the starch?? with almond flour and in a dehydrator possibly? :)
mariel recently posted..What i’ve been eating wednesdayMy Profile

Lori and Michelle May 14, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Mariel, not sure. I would think it would come out with almond meal. and in the dehydrator it might just awhile to get to the right consistency, but everything is worth a shot. if you try it out let us know! hugs ~Lori

hen December 16, 2012 at 6:41 am

Can you use polenta or rice flour in place of the coconut flour?

Lori and Michelle December 17, 2012 at 6:18 am

Hen the recipe is designed to used for coconut flour. You can always try it with other flours, you might need less liquid as coconut flour absorbs everything.

Lori and Michelle January 26, 2012 at 7:11 am

Nicky awesome!!!!!!!!!!! that is wonderful, thank you for letting us know. Next time we are coming over ;)