such a tease

by Lori and Michelle on January 27, 2012

Happy Friday everyone!

now that we got you thinking about making easy mini cakes it is time to dream about

donuts

we were going through our million photos and came across these bad boys

not sure what it is about donuts that we just love because growing up we were never really donut people. mostly pancakes and cereal girls.

maybe it is the fact now that we can bake them and make them a little healthier. or maybe we are just obsessed because they are so cute. and fun to photograph!

donuts

we played around with our photos here as you can tell. love adding layers over the photos to give them a different feel.

we shot these donut pictures in the late afternoon and the sun was not that strong, so we did have to do some editing to these photos to give them life again. most of our photos are done in aperture priority but the one above with the glaze and spoon was done on shutter priority. for more info on what camera we use click here.

we are trying to explore our camera functions again. it has been awhile. practice makes perfect! we still love using photoshop with our editing. what would we do without youtube? we are always learning something new, so many great and not so great tutorials.

and now for the moment when you will hate us ;)

stay tuned for tomorrow’s baked donut recipe! it is a winner. we took an old favorite and jazzed it up some.

any guesses???

Twin Cakes Bakery Special!

Our bakery is getting ready to launch an end of the month sale to help those who are looking to stay on track, keep on track with healthy snacks! Keep up with us on facebook and twitter for more details of the sale! The sale will start tonight and go all weekend.  And we do ship to Canada!!!!

are your stomachs growling yet? promise more fun stuff to come

have a wonderful Friday!

L & M

Laury @thefitnessdish January 27, 2012 at 9:14 am

My stomach is growling. I wish you girls lived closer to me…I would want to hang out (mooch) with you all the time! I will def be looking for those Twin Cakes bakery sales….my mouth IS watering!!! Happy Friday!
Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..Creamy Watercress SmoothieMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 27, 2012 at 2:13 pm

thanks Laury, same here! how fun would that be :)
HUGS

Heidi @ Food Doodles January 27, 2012 at 9:56 am

Love that sauce picture! And that last picture looks so good too. Looks yummy :D
Heidi @ Food Doodles recently posted..Chocolate Dutch Baby with Strawberry SauceMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 27, 2012 at 2:14 pm

thanks Heidi, we kept going back and forth about the sauce picture. We are glad it came out!

Lisa January 27, 2012 at 10:46 am

Wow—-the donuts look awesome! I was never a donut person…but there’s some appeal to the shape of donuts—like it’s symbolic of being a treat or something :-)
Now when I make donuts, they’re not all that unhealthy (similar to yours)…but they still feel like an indulgence!
Lisa recently posted..Cauliflower Rice and a Workout View of ‘Smarter Not Harder’My Profile

Lori and Michelle January 27, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Yes Lisa they are still an indulgence for us as well! :)

Liz @ IHeartVegetables January 27, 2012 at 1:10 pm

HOLY MONKEYS! Those look seriously amazing. Can I have one? or Two? or Three? I probably can’t be trusted around those ;) ahhhh I want one!
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..Peanut Butter Heady Goo BallsMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 27, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Liz haha and yes you can have has many as you would like!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) January 27, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Wow! These look amazing!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Dress It Up!My Profile

katie @KatieDid January 27, 2012 at 4:10 pm

love all your photos with the fun fonts, it adds such a great touch to them! I love how your photos are usually soft and dreamy feeling too.
katie @KatieDid recently posted..Skin Care UpdateMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 27, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Thanks Katie! we have fun with the fonts and stuff.

Ashley January 27, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Love the crumb texture!! Holy cow do these look good…maybe an apple crumb donut?? Either way, I want one! I have a donut recipe coming up on Monday. Yum.
Ashley recently posted..veggie coconut curryMy Profile

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate January 27, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Mmm donuts :)

Laurie@flatpaneltvstand January 27, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Wow! My husband makes home made donuts, but they sure do not look as good as those, yummy!

Paige @ Running Around Normal January 29, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Um, YEAH. Such a tease indeed!! ;)
These look delicious, and your photos look fabulous.
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Beige vs. the RainbowMy Profile