hazelnut carob individual cakes

by Lori and Michelle on January 14, 2012

hello luvs!!!

thank you thank you thank you!!! again we are always blown away by the support and kind words about our pictures and skin issues the other day. we appreciate everyone’s tips on what worked for them, we will look into some of your suggestions! thanks again! we will continue our face care posts on Monday, as we did not want to overload too much on face issues all in row.

in the mean time we wanted to share something that we enjoyed earlier this week.  a super easy gluten free hazelnut carob individual cakes. and it is grain free too!

grain free indiviual cakes

this recipe is a remake recipe that we have made before and loved. though this time we did some hazelnut flour in there. basically we had whole hazelnuts on hand and ground them into flour in vita-mix blender.

these hazelnut carob cakes make two individual cakes. perfect for a little mid-afternoon snack, that is when we enjoyed it but really could be enjoyed anytime of the day! even for breakfast.

A warm, yummy, delightful cake made just for you!

carob hazelnut cake recipeReady to dig in??

we loved the extra crunch the hazelnuts gave the cake too.  any nut could be used in this recipe as well as cocoa instead of carob. for those looking to make it vegan, not really sure what would work the best, maybe flax or chia gel. looks like we will need to experiment too!

we forgot how quick and simple this cake recipe is, which can be a good and bad thing as now we know we can whip up individual cakes for us in no time. haha  but we mostly love that it calls for just 5 ingredients!!!! okay so might not be your average store bought cake, but we will take these grain-free mini cakes anytime.

and we just want to say thanks again for everyone’s comments, emails, tweets, and facebook posts about our acne journey. we still have a lot to share! and appreciate everyone’s advice on what to try. but trust us, we have tried it all.

other news you may have noticed we have re-designed our blog again :) we just have so much fun with it. we feel we are getting closer to the way we want our blog to look.  please let us know your thoughts – do you like the colors? the layout? is it easy to find things? does it look too much? cluttered? anything you can think of would be great, as much as we write the blog for us to look back on, we also write for you, our readers!!

next,  Jen over at Made By a Girl is a moving and selling some of her things. so check it out, some amazing things.

and one more thing before you go, for those still not sure why you are not getting our blog posts anymore in your google reader, please read our post here about why and how to get it back. thanks and sorry for the trouble.

well we are off to do some shopping today!

Twins Question: What are you doing today? Do you like shopping? What is your favorite thing to shop for?

L & M

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free January 14, 2012 at 9:03 am

I need to go buy some hazelnut flour-it looks amazing! I am totally digging the grain-free now….and for the past year….

Have fun shopping!! I am playing in a tournament tonight…and the cold front is going to make to super cold. Yay for 8:00 matches! (ugh)
Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free recently posted..Day 14: Breakfast All Day Long!My Profile

Lori and Michelle January 14, 2012 at 9:59 am

Alex good luck!! sending warm vibes your way :)

katie @KatieDid January 14, 2012 at 9:51 am

love the short ingredient list! I wonder if it would work with almond flour…

Lori and Michelle January 14, 2012 at 10:00 am

Katie yes almond flour would be fine!

Jessica LeBoeuf January 14, 2012 at 11:07 am

That looks delicious I think I’m going to the grocery store to get some nut flour!!! Also I’m going to the mall to get some clothes, redeem my gift card!

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous January 14, 2012 at 11:17 am

I think I will also try it with almond flour (much more affordable!)
Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous recently posted..Truth About Artificial SweetenersMy Profile

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) January 14, 2012 at 11:24 am

yum! love simple recipes like this, and i love those ramekins. i need to get myself some :)
Felicia (Natural + Balanced) recently posted..Friday ThingsMy Profile

Ela January 14, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Yay! So happy to see carob is going around. Simple, delicious and not too sweet is how that looks. Maybe enerG egg replacer would work (or homemade version of it) for a vegan version.

Looking forward to more of your skin saga.

Like I said in my last comment, I love the new look. I’d love it if the archives in chronological order were easy to access. The pages also take a long time for me to load, but I’m on a slow connection, so a lot of blogs are like that.
Not a big fan of shopping, except occasionally I can make it fun. I do like browsing natural food stores and kitchenwares!
Ela recently posted..Upcoming Goodies and Quick Fitness for Bliss ConnectMy Profile

Heathy January 14, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Loving those carob cakes… i do love carob! Will def have to make those soon! I can just see a sweet chocolate sauce on top and a few chopped hazelnuts :) Dreaming away, lol.

Doing some catering today – for a lunch and dinner tomorrow. Have a great weekend! xo
Heathy recently posted..Raw Vegan Meets PaleoMy Profile

Lou January 14, 2012 at 8:09 pm

LOVE hazelnuts…. just made some brownies using hazelnut meal, cannelini beans, cacao, dates and coconut oil – yum. Carob is another favourite of mine, great earthy flavour. Totally going to try out a vegan version of this.

Love the new look of your blog, the pictures on your header are so cool :)
Lou recently posted..Comment on sore thighs and more cakey treats by LouMy Profile

char @ char on a mission January 14, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I’m so hungry right now and having a hard time looking at yours (+ others) delicious recipes. I better shut down my computer ASAP! lol
char @ char on a mission recently posted..once a week vegan – week 1My Profile

Stephanie January 15, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Made it today!! I ‘accidentally’ doubled the recipe by thinking that 3 tbsp hazelnuts = 3 tbsp hazelnut meal. But I’m glad I did ;) I only had pot-pie pans so my recipe turned out as 3 large cakes. I’m eating one with some coconut oil spread on top as icing – amazing!! Since I used 5 tbsp each of cocoa and carob, the cake tastes srsly decadent!! Best recipe ever!!

Lori and Michelle January 16, 2012 at 7:46 am

Stephanie sounds amazing!! so glad you liked it!!! YAY!!!