pecan pumpkin glazed donuts

by Lori and Michelle on January 28, 2012

pecan baked pumpkin donut

yep!

you read right – today the recipe we are sharing is

gluten free vegan pumpkin glazed donuts with a pecan crumble

as we mentioned yesterday, we had these photos on our computer, but just never got around to editing them till now. there were a ton of pictures, so took us awhile to get them done.

we enjoyed these pecan pumpkin donuts before Christmas, actually enjoyed these pumpkin donuts  a few times over the holidays. yep they are that good!

piping donut batter into donut panpipe or fill with a spoon your donut pan with the pumpkin donut batter

baked pumpkin donut recipebake and then remove donuts from pan

ground pecans for topping donutsground pecans for the donut topping

glazing up donuts

it is a messy job! get your kids involved.

making pecan glazed donuts

or if you do not like pecans you may just enjoy a glazed donut as is or dip into any topping of your liking, maybe almonds, coconut flakes, sprinkles…oh the ideas! maybe a make a donut bar party. we have heard those are fun!

glazed pumpkin donut recipe

pecan glazed pumpkin donut recipe

see we told you this recipe would be one not to miss!

vegan pumpkin donut

a donut with the perfect blend of pumpkin and spice while being a little nutty and sweet

gluten free pumpkin baked donut

Have a wonderful weekend friends!

L & M

Lisa January 28, 2012 at 6:14 am

Wow—-I want some with my coffee this morning :-)
Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Lisa recently posted..Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit January 28, 2012 at 6:56 am

Wow, you guys are so darn talented. I love how you edit your pictures, they’re all so inviting. I just want to grab that doughnut!!

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 at 10:40 am

Thanks Leanne! we work hard on the photos, we just love it.

katie @KatieDid January 28, 2012 at 7:26 am

love all your photos on this post! I feel like they could be in a fun vintage diner advertisement of sorts.
katie @KatieDid recently posted..Skin Care UpdateMy Profile

Morri January 28, 2012 at 7:41 am

Hello ladies! I attempted to make vegan/grain-free donuts but the batter stuck to the pan (*sigh*). Do you have any advice for my 6-donut Norpro pan? It’s non-stick, and even greasing it with coconut oil didn’t help.

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 at 10:43 am

Morri want recipe are you using? we have trouble with one of our donut pans too sticky. there are two sizes for the 6 large donut pan, one is more shallow and the other one more deeper. For some reason the deeper one we do not have a problem with sticking, but the more shallow one we do. And our new mini donut maker that we got from target we have no really problems with. Not really sure how to get them not to stick, like I said we still get problems.

Morri February 3, 2012 at 6:41 pm

To answer your question, my recipes are rather sticky… pancake sticky. So I’ll try a thicker batter/dough and am definitely considering the little eensy ones. :) Thanks for answering my question.

Priscilla January 28, 2012 at 8:05 am

What kind of powdered sugar did you used? Looks super good, want to make them for the fam!
Priscilla recently posted..Say yes to organic and NO to GMO!My Profile

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 at 10:44 am

Priscilla we use Miss Roben’s Corn Free Confectioner’s Sugar. you can get it off amazon.

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance January 28, 2012 at 8:15 am

Good thing that pumpkin never gets old :D These look fantastic, girls!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Yoga Me ThisMy Profile

Melissa @TryingtoHeal January 28, 2012 at 8:21 am

omg I have to make these! I just need to get a donut pan!!!!
Melissa @TryingtoHeal recently posted..Comment on Side Notes: 15 Minutes or Less by Amy LaurenMy Profile

The Delicate Place January 28, 2012 at 8:27 am

oh stop it! haha i have no food, we are on our way to the grocery store and i am hannnngrrry! you always tempt me with these sweet offerings! whenever i eat something glazed or pecan i always think of it as ‘southern’ we don’t typically have those flavors readily available at our bakeries here! a treat for sure :)
The Delicate Place recently posted..vanityMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 at 10:47 am

haha we need to go grocery shopping too!

Lori January 28, 2012 at 8:31 am

Oh my. I NEED one. They look incredible and who doesn’t want a healthy pumpkin donut?! All I need is coffee and one of my own. ;)

Yum.

Erica January 28, 2012 at 8:42 am

I think its so neat how you piped the donuts into the pan! I never knew thats how it was done. Good stuff. They look totally delicious
Erica recently posted..Waffles of Insane GreatnessMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 at 10:45 am

Erica yes piping does a better job at giving the donuts a round shape. But you can scoop them just won’t be as round.

sophie January 28, 2012 at 8:50 am

These look amazing!!!!! I shall be making these soon…as in…today ;)

I do have one question though…my mother is avoiding starches (and I was wondering how removing the starch in your recipes and replacing it with something else might work?) Is there a way to do this?

Anyways – have a great weekend! Thanks for the great recipe!!!!!

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 at 10:46 am

Sophie, well the starches help with texture and lightness in the recipes, since they are vegan. We have shared a vanilla donut before here that does have starch http://www.pure2raw.com/2011/12/baked-mini-gluten-free-vanilla-cardamom-cake-donuts/

Laury @thefitnessdish January 28, 2012 at 9:40 am

I can’t wait til I can make these with Ella! Pinned!
Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..Creamy Watercress SmoothieMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 at 10:47 am

Thanks Laury! Ella would love these ;)

Heidi @ Food Doodles January 28, 2012 at 11:04 am

Those really do look amazing :D The glaze with the nuts looks perfect! I could totally go for one of these right now!
Heidi @ Food Doodles recently posted..Cheesy Spaghetti Squash and BroccoliMy Profile

Nora @ Natural Noshing January 28, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Wow, these look perfect! I love pumpkin and pecans – this is definitely another winning recipe! :)
Nora @ Natural Noshing recently posted..Carob Covered Coconut Protein Bars/Energy SquaresMy Profile

Ami@dashofcurry.com January 28, 2012 at 3:03 pm

You literally are making me drool! What an amazing recipe! They look delicious!
Ami@dashofcurry.com recently posted..Three Things I Can’t Wait To Try. . .My Profile

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga January 28, 2012 at 4:16 pm

These look amazing and every time I come to your site, I am just blown away by how PRETTY it is. I love all the changes, tweaks, and things you’ve to make it look so inviting and gorgeous!
Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga recently posted..Golden WeekendMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 at 6:06 pm

aww thanks Averie! that really means a lot. we are trying ;)

Kris | iheartwellness.com January 28, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Dolls….you’re killing me over here…I NEED these donuts!!!! First I have to buy a donut dish thingy and second I have to add grains for just a DAY to eat all of these. Thank you, thank you for being so good to your friends and sharing this here on your blog!!

Happy Weekend!!

xxoo
Kris | iheartwellness.com recently posted..My Fitness Story….To Date.My Profile

Leah January 28, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Looks so good! I need to make those! I think I have the ingredients too. Any idea of whether sucanat be substituted equally for coconut sugar? If not, I can do some google research.

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Leah we do. we sub either sugars equally and seem to be fine with it.

amber January 28, 2012 at 10:24 pm

These look so good and your photos turned out great of them.
amber recently posted..Chasing Mona Lisa GiveawayMy Profile

hihorosie January 29, 2012 at 1:17 am

heaven!
hihorosie recently posted..Thoughtful ThursdayMy Profile

MilesMusclesMom January 29, 2012 at 1:51 pm

yummmm
So, this could work at mini-muffins I suppose?
MilesMusclesMom recently posted..Stay Pretty & TriSwim SaleMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 29, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Yes MilesMusclesMom it should work fine as mini muffins just might have to adjust the baking time

Heathy January 29, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Oh yummm, Im salivating! Reminds me of my pumpkin obsession in the Fall. I have a bunch of frozen baked pumpkin… just might have to pull it out for these. Making your vanilla cardamom donuts this week. Was supposed to happen for girls night this weekend but was too busy with choccies.
Heathy recently posted..Give Me CoconutMy Profile

Lori and Michelle January 29, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Heathy, oh yes we still loving pumpkin! haha Oh and wish we could come over for donuts and girl fun ;)

Anastasia@healthymamainfo.com January 29, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Looks like the best morning treat ever!

Hannah January 30, 2012 at 7:20 am

Well, I wasn’t hungry before looking at this post, but now I’m starving! It’s been ages since I made donuts of any sort and these look beyond incredible. Even better that they’re not fried, since I don’t feel like risking a 3rd degree burn today.
Hannah recently posted..Winter TomatoesMy Profile

Lisa Price January 30, 2012 at 11:21 am

These look absolutely incredible! I think there needs to definitely be a mini donut bar at my next girls night in! Cocktails and yummy donuts? Perfection! Thanks for the great idea. Xo.

Lauren January 30, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Those look ridiculously delicious! :)
Lauren recently posted..Things are looking UP!My Profile

nelly January 31, 2012 at 8:03 am

hi ladies!!!

was wondering can i sub guar gum for for sorghum? i can’t seem to find the sorghum in toronto.

Lori and Michelle January 31, 2012 at 9:15 am

Nelly oh no do not use guar gum, as that is not a flour. I would use brown or white rice flour , even spelt flour for the sorghum.

nelly January 31, 2012 at 9:17 am

oh ok girlies!!!

i’m gonna keep trying to find the sorghum…i’m just DYING to have one of the donuts!!!
nelly recently posted..i’m a mrs………………………My Profile

Lori and Michelle January 31, 2012 at 9:21 am

You can buy sorghum flour online too. Any gluten free flour should work.

nelly January 31, 2012 at 9:17 am

thanks by the way!!

=)
nelly recently posted..i’m a mrs………………………My Profile

Lori and Michelle January 31, 2012 at 9:22 am

of course!! wish we could come eat donuts with you

nelly January 31, 2012 at 9:25 am

i wish you ladies could eat donuts with me too!!!

=)
nelly recently posted..i’m a mrs………………………My Profile

Jennifer February 5, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Hi ladies these were WONDERFUL!! My son & husband tried to eat them all!

Noelle (@singerinkitchen) February 8, 2012 at 9:00 am

I need to make these asap! wow
Noelle (@singerinkitchen) recently posted..Peekaru not Peek-a-booMy Profile

Nikki @ The Tolerant Vegan February 8, 2012 at 9:15 am

These look amazing!!

kristin September 3, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Is there a substitution for the potato starch? I have everything else on hand and just got a donut pan today :)

Lori and Michelle September 6, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Kristin we found potato to work the best, you could try cornstarch or arrowroot

Amy September 24, 2012 at 7:10 am

Hi there!
Totally new to GF vegan baking. Can I use All Purpose GF flour from Bob’s Red Mill to substitute?! I am on the edge of my seat to make these bad boys, but I dont want to waste the flour!! Thanks ladies! Much vegan love

Lori and Michelle October 2, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Amy yes you can use that.

Christen January 2, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I just made these as mini’s and they turned out amazing! I was out of pumpkin so used pureed squash. And out of sorghum so used teff. The chemistry of the recipe is just perfect, so subbing made no difference. For the glaze, I actually ground up coconut sugar in my spice grinder and worked great. I was also out of pecans so used coconut flakes. Thank you guys so much for wonderful recipes!!

Kim - Liv Life January 7, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Saw these on EA Stewarts site and I haven’t been able to get them out of my mind!! I’ve never baked gluten-free, but I think I’m inspired!!!

Kas January 16, 2013 at 3:00 pm

I don’t have buttermilk. Can I put greek yogurt or coconut milk to replace it or it will not work?

Lori and Michelle January 25, 2013 at 11:59 am

Kas we are not sure about yogurt, but with the coconut milk we just add apple cider vinegar to it to make homemade buttermilk

Vanessa February 19, 2014 at 11:03 pm